Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: DeMarcus Cousins: 2010 #1 Draft Pick

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Okay, see you in June.
    And then this thread will be bumped, posters will laugh. And you'll deflect the attention of you lookin like an ass to "See how many replies/views? I'm a star. Move over Hannah Montana.

All someone has to do is bump your past threads on college talent. And notice you fail more than win.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    And then this thread will be bumped, posters will laugh. And you'll deflect the attention of you lookin like an ass to "See how many replies/views? I'm a star. Move over Hannah Montana.

All someone has to do is bump your past threads on college talent. And notice you fail more than win.
    So how you going to deflect off Cousins 18/18 game today?

Here, let me pull one of your egotistical moves:

"Oh, Cousins' stats don't matter cause his name isnt John Wall, right?"

Did I do that correctly?

Cousins should've been tossed for that cheap shot at the start of the game.

He played well but he's still no #1 pick. His ceiling is very low. Way to slow, plays below the rim, he can't shoot. He is strong and has long arms but overall he's got a low ceiling.

Did I do that correctly?
    Did you watch the game?

Cousins had a couple decent post moves... but most of his buckets were spoon fed. Also, Louisville couldn't hit anything in this game, and defensive rebounds were a plenty.

Cousins is still a raw player... much less refined than Wall. Cousins also has a bad temper, and seems to lose focus easily. He should have been ejected from the game today for throwing a cheap elbow on the ground; only one of many temper tantrums he threw during the game.

Cousins is definately an NBA talent, but he's also a project. Nobody who watches Kentucky play this year (scouts) would draft Cousins over Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    Cousins should've been tossed for that cheap shot at the start of the game.

He played well but he's still no #1 pick. His ceiling is very low. Way to slow, plays below the rim, he can't shoot. He is strong and has long arms but overall he's got a low ceiling.
    Lol @ this post. You must have been thrown off by Wall's 'electric' 17/1/4.

He reminds me of Brendan Haywood.

He's good, but he fouls too much and plays below the rim. You want your NBA center to either have good post moves or play above the rim.

Every time I watch Cousins he gets blocked 2-3 times a game. His post moves are super slow.

Oh and he looks tired after the first 5 minutes of play, which cause him to commit really stupid fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Did you watch the game?

Cousins had a couple decent post moves... but most of his buckets were spoon fed. Also, Louisville couldn't hit anything in this game, and defensive rebounds were a plenty.

Cousins is still a raw player... much less refined than Wall. Cousins also has a bad temper, and seems to lose focus easily. He should have been ejected from the game today for throwing a cheap elbow on the ground; only one of many temper tantrums he threw during the game.

Cousins is definately an NBA talent, but he's also a project. Nobody who watches Kentucky play this year (scouts) would draft Cousins over Wall.
    Right. Stats only matter when Wall puts them up.

Lol @ this post. You must have been thrown off by Wall's 'electric' 17/1/4.
    what kind of response is this???? LOL @ your opinion.

Did I do that correctly?
    I think one should look at consistency. Is he a great talent? Sure, but does he consistently bring it every game? If you have watched any of there games at all or followed their play you'd know the answer to that. That team is not undefeated right now without Wall leading the way.

He has 18pts but if you looked how he got those 18? It was ugly and wouldnt fly in the NBA. He beasted today, let me make that clear. But how he beasted I dont see where I would take him #1 overall. I'd take Greg Monroe over him. Heck one more he just cleared the defender out ala Shaq where he extended his elbows and turned clearing space to put up a bucket.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Wall

nestea()
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I really think Cousins should stay in school for another year. He can develop more offensive skills. Patrick Patterson and John Wall are going to leave for the NBA anyway so I could see him getting way more minutes. He could get monster numbers next year and then solidify his position as the clear number one pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.

gotta love this trolls argument: "tonight i watched a college basketball game, and cousins had better stats than wall and therefore will be the #1 pick in the NBA draft!!!!!!!!!!"

Cousins does not have a low ceiling. He will more than likely not go #1. The question with Cousins has never been his ability. I agree with PB that he is the most talented player on that team. The reason he dropped from being the consensus #1 high school prospect, a position he held for 2 years and a big chunk of last year was because of his attitude, and the irregular behavior of his handlers. His fiery personality and John Calipari pulling in the reigns on him has limited his opportunities to flash his skills. The kid has wing handles, a nice post game, and shooting stroke. Draft sites who have him and Monroe in the late teens and 20s are really making themselves look more idiotic than usual.

Favors has largely been unimpressive this year. Gani Lawal is older than him, but the gulf in skill between Gani and Derrick is vast.

Greg Monroe is not unathletic. His lateral movement is great, and he has a nice 1st step.

Did someone really say that PGs are more rare and valuable than skilled bigs?
    Last edited by Dasher; 01-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Bump