Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default DeMarcus Cousins: 2010 #1 Draft Pick

Is this a case where PB has to be PB again? Basically a genius of his time?

Honestly you all really, really have to start thinking for yourselves.

DeMarcus Cousins: 15.2 ppg 9.0 rpg 1.8 bpg

Yea I know, solid but not spectacular, right? Just another freshman adjusting to college ball...yea I got you.

But he's doing all this in:

18.7 minutes a night

Read that again...less than 19 minutes nightly.

Conversely, Wall is putting up 17/4/7 in 33 mpg.

Now there are some issues with Cousins getting into foul trouble but Wall has turnover problems. Basically nothing out the realm of the ordinary for highly touted freshmen carrying a high profile college program on their backs.

Now when you consider Cousins is sharing frontcourt time with junior, Patrick Patterson, you can not turn a blind eye to this production just cause John Wall has more hype behind him.

Basically this thread is an opprotunity for you to use your own brain. I was just talking to wang in another thread and he honestly said he wasn't sure if Cousins was a lottery pick at the moment.

I know, I shouldn't laugh. But its just so damn funny how people will hop on bandwagons just cause ESPN is telling them to. Cousins certainly is a lottery pick. In fact he's #1 draft pick type talent.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Default Re: DeMarcus Cousins: 2010 #1 Draft Pick

In comes PB haters...

Another year in school would help his game...

I think John Wall is the consensus #1 overall pick

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    In comes PB haters...

Another year in school would help his game...

I think John Wall is the consensus #1 overall pick
    John Wall is not the consensus #1 pick. I know this, not because ESPN is telling me, but by watching the two play.

How novel!!!!

Hellbound

I think he'll be a lottery pick, but are you saying he's likely to be drafted over Favors and Wall?

I think most of what I've heard/seen even has Patterson going before him. But that could very well change, and also Cousins has does have the size advantage. And we all know about scouts/GM's and their raging hard-on for size and potential.

But I know you need your daily dose of attention PB, so I'm not gonna deprive you of that, but you're really saying Cousins > Wall and Favors and whoever that Lithuania (I think?) PF is that I keep hearin people **** themselves over?

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    I think he'll be a lottery pick, but are you saying he's likely to be drafted over Favors and Wall?

I think most of what I've heard/seen even has Patterson going before him. But that could very well change, and also Cousins has does have the size advantage. And we all know about scouts/GM's and their raging hard-on for size and potential.

But I know you need your daily dose of attention PB, so I'm not gonna deprive you of that, but you're really saying Cousins > Wall and Favors and whoever that Lithuania (I think?) PF is that I keep hearin people **** themselves over?
    Donatas Motiejunas

i just checked draft express and they predict him to go 28th.... but from watching his high lights, he looks similar to al horford, so he will probably go around 10/12 cuz of teams needing centers.... looks like a good fit for OKC or Toronto

I am Chris Wilcox

The 2010 draft is going to be very fun to see it unfold. There are a bunch of players that could potentially go number 1. Guys like Wall, Montyjewnus (or whatever the hell his name is), Monroe, Favors, Cousins, Warren, Patterson, Turner, Aldrich could all go within the top 5 of the draft. It's about time we got a nice, deep draft like this.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Yeah him. I've never seen him play, but from everything I've heard he's top 5.

In my personal opinion, Wall should be the consensus number 1, but with a lot of the lottery teams already having very good PG prospects locked up, depending on who gets that number 1 pick, Favors could go first. Though I assume most teams will still go with Wall and make trades or figure it out later.

That's my philosophy from years of Live/2k, draft the best player possible and figure the rest out later.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara

Nothing you've heard has Patterson over Cousins. Nothing.

As far as Favors goes, he's the one that needs one or two more years of college ball. Cousins' game is NBA ready. There are questions about his drive to be the best he can be, but that will he determined later in the year during the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    John Wall is not the consensus #1 pick. I know this, not because ESPN is telling me, but by watching the two play.

How novel!!!!

congrats on watching the two play.

What John Wall possesses is something that many players don't have. A combination of quickness, the ability to finish and the killer instinct. He is similar to Derrick Rose, but has a much better jumper and a 3 point shot.

skilled big men in the lottery are not hard to come by. point guards are..

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    i just checked draft express and they predict him to go 28th.... but from watching his high lights, he looks similar to al horford, so he will probably go around 10/12 cuz of teams needing centers.... looks like a good fit for OKC or Toronto
    I dont give a f*ck what draft site you been to. If you seriously think this guy will go outside the top-10, you're smoking crack.

He's arguably the most talented player on the team.

And @ thinking Favors will go #1.

Decent college freshman

What John Wall possesses is something that many players don't have. A combination of quickness, the ability to finish and the killer instinct. He is similar to Derrick Rose, but has a much better jumper and a 3 point shot.

i think u got it opposite, there were so much good PG drafts in the last few years, but NO good bigman

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I dont give a f*ck what draft site you been to. If you seriously think this guy will go outside the top-10, you're smoking crack.

He's arguably the most talented player on the team.

And @ thinking Favors will go #1.
    No way Favors goes #1. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen he is by no means worth a #1 overall pick.

in other news,

is it just me or is Greg Monroe slipping.

any thoughts?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

After john wall

Much better 3p stroke?

Dude has shot 30 three pointers in 14 games so far. That's pathetic. He's uit 14 of them but that's not a point of strength for him.