I rule the local playground

Default Did Westbrook just become a better player?

I hope lovers of stats watch what is going on with Westbrook and it helps them understand basketball a little better.

Westbrook is the same basketball player now as he was 3 months ago. The difference is now his goals have changed so he puts up better stats. This would happen to any player who all of a sudden made it their goal to take a bigger piece of the pie..

This is why when looking at Wilt for example stats it has to be put into the context that Wilt was actively trying to out up huge individual stats. When comparing someone like Wilt's stats with say Jabbar or Russell its no fair to just compare stats because one is playing within a team concept with no goals of trying to put up massage individual numbers and the other is trying to put up huge numbers..

All that a player should be judged on is how much his game means when the goal is how much your team scores vs how much the other team scores...

To the stats obsessed know nothing, no problem..Anytime you need some help understanding the game I will be glad to help you.

Default Re: Did Westbrook just become a better player?

PED's

Yes. He finally got a team for himself and it has changed him
    Similar to Harden.

The alpha mindset can only be awakened when your the #1 option, and we all know once an alpha mindset is awakened it cant be put to rest without injury or drug overdose.

Westbrook will be leaving for the Heat in a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Westbrook will be leaving for the Lakers in a couple of years
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Westbrook will be leaving for the Knicks in a couple of years
    Fixed

Lakers will retire 0 one day

Westbrook is coming to Miami no one wants to play or even have to be watched by Kobe. Kobe's alpha ass is not riding off to the sunset he's still going to be working with the Lakers team in the gym and coaching and Westbrook is having none of that

Although I agree with OPs view about stats, I don't think it fits WB's case.
    He is having that huge usg and a lot of stats not because he wants to stat padd (thought I think he obviously likes, who wouldn't?) but because his team needs it, while KD is out.
    They need him to initiate the offense, to playmake, to score a lot of points and help on the rebounds.

He's the same as he was in the playoffs last year if that's what you mean. Which was better/equal to a tired Durant for some of it. Also his usage is insane. All time insane recently.

Although he's probably padding his rebounds by telling his teamates to let him get the easy ones. He's a monster on the glass either way so now he can get to 10.

He's certaintly better than he's ever been. Just depends when you start counting.