Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: UK2K's Draft Lottery v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I don't understand why you are so stuck pigeon holing him to a specific position. I'm sure you are aware that the line between 1 and 2 is blurry in today's game. It's a PLUS that he can play both positions, not a negative. If he has to play the 2, he has the scoring abilities and right size to do that. If he has to play the 1, he is taller than most 1s and also has the vision, passing abilities and handles to do that.
    Because the way I see it, the Center on the floor will guard the other team's Center. That's why you can't play 5 point guards. It'd be super awesome and you could run and gun all day, but at some point you have to play defense. Just like 5 centers would be cool to go out and play together, but there is more involved than just 'he is this tall so he plays this position'.

Not that it's all about defense. I think his talents are better suited to catching the ball off a screen with enough room to decide whether to shoot or drive, and if you drive, do you choose to go to the rim or shoot a floater.

I think his skill set is best suited to the type of guy who can create shots for himself. I think he's more effective coming off a screen then he is running a straight basket drive.

That's not to say he can't play point guard. Bosh isn't a center, but he still plays one from time to time, which is fine. On the flip side, while the 4 and 5 are now similar positions, they are still not the same. Just as the 1 and 2 positions are similar, and many players can play both, they are not the same.

Do you want CP3 at the 2? Do you want Westbrook at the 2? Why not? For two entirely different reasons. CP3 needs to be initiating the offense, and Westbrook needs to have the ball in his hands. Can Westbook play the 2? Sure, but I don't think he's AS effective playing out of position, the same way I don't think Davis is AS effective playing center as he is playing PF.

Of course you can play Davis at the 5 if you want. They have, and its okay, but as I said before, despite the positions becoming slightly blurred, they still have specific roles.

In rare instances you could play Harden at the 1 because Trevor Ariza is more often than not going to be defending the best player on the other team. If it happens to be Steph or CP3, even better. That, of course, causes problems elsewhere.

He has ball handling abilities, but I would prefer him to master the art of moving without the ball (ala Klay Thompson).

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Because the way I see it, the Center on the floor will guard the other team's Center. That's why you can't play 5 point guards. It'd be super awesome and you could run and gun all day, but at some point you have to play defense. Just like 5 centers would be cool to go out and play together, but there is more involved than just 'he is this tall so he plays this position'.

Not that it's all about defense. I think his talents are better suited to catching the ball off a screen with enough room to decide whether to shoot or drive, and if you drive, do you choose to go to the rim or shoot a floater.

I think his skill set is best suited to the type of guy who can create shots for himself. I think he's more effective coming off a screen then he is running a straight basket drive.

That's not to say he can't play point guard. Bosh isn't a center, but he still plays one from time to time, which is fine. On the flip side, while the 4 and 5 are now similar positions, they are still not the same. Just as the 1 and 2 positions are similar, and many players can play both, they are not the same.

Do you want CP3 at the 2? Do you want Westbrook at the 2? Why not? For two entirely different reasons. CP3 needs to be initiating the offense, and Westbrook needs to have the ball in his hands. Can Westbook play the 2? Sure, but I don't think he's AS effective playing out of position, the same way I don't think Davis is AS effective playing center as he is playing PF.

Of course you can play Davis at the 5 if you want. They have, and its okay, but as I said before, despite the positions becoming slightly blurred, they still have specific roles.

In rare instances you could play Harden at the 1 because Trevor Ariza is more often than not going to be defending the best player on the other team. If it happens to be Steph or CP3, even better. That, of course, causes problems elsewhere.

He has ball handling abilities, but I would prefer him to master the art of moving without the ball (ala Klay Thompson).
    I just disagree with your assessment of where he should play. You seem to think he's some limited catch and shoot guy like Klay. Nothing could be further from the truth. The guy has off the charts skills. He can handle the rock, create his own shot, create for others, shoot the ball, sees the court, and has high bball. He's exactly what you want in a PG and also exactly what you want in a SG. He can excel in both positions because he has the skills and traits to excel at both.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I just disagree with your assessment of where he should play. You seem to think he's some limited catch and shoot guy like Klay. Nothing could be further from the truth. The guy has off the charts skills. He can handle the rock, create his own shot, create for others, shoot the ball, sees the court, and has high bball. He's exactly what you want in a PG and also exactly what you want in a SG. He can excel in both positions because he has the skills and traits to excel at both.
    This is it, in a nut shell... On offense he has the size and shot to be effective coming off screens (not to mention the vision to be able to dish out the 'hockey' assist which he has been known to do). On defense, he doesn't have the lateral quickness or foot speed to guard NBA point guards.

And as I said, I think in four of five years he will likely average 22, 5, 5 (Derozan stats). If Minn takes KAT, the Lakers need to get Cousins or take Russell because Okafor and Randle will not mix.

Then again, I don't think LA can take anyone but Okafor if Minn takes Towns. The uproar would be too great, and Okafor is too hyped.

Okafor and Nerlens in Philly? Whaaaaaat.

Final mock up, and Im sticking to it.

Check me on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    taking okafor over russell will set the lakers back 5 years, book it

okafor is going to be a massive bust

He won't be.

Assuming the worst, his post game will produce 20 ppg + alone.

I'm happy for Wolves fans. That team with KAT looks amazing in a few years. Provided management don't f.ck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He won't be.

Assuming the worst, his post game will produce 20 ppg + alone.

I'm happy for Wolves fans. That team with KAT looks amazing in a few years. Provided management don't f.ck it up.
    As I said in another thread, people are trying to say the league is changing, but in reality, GS couldn't have gone with the small ball lineup had Cleveland had an inside presence.

The fact that both teams went to small ball was only because neither team had a low post presence.