Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Gym was PACKED last night so I only got one run in. Normally I would be pissed about only getting one game in but the dudes their last night were obnoxious to the point that I was glad to simply play and leave. Massive amount of petty squabbles, horrible fouls, etc.
    yup. you did the right thing. how many times have i seen games like that get extra chippy and a dude gets hurt.

Learning to shoot layups

I didn't play Basketball today as is becoming my usual custom because of something that I have to do, but I did do around a total of 30 minutes of dribble drills, I am hoping to improve my handles to the point where people trust me to be a PG, and improving my handles is also going to help strengthen my grip strength, which could mean if I work hard on it I could palm the ball, which is the biggest obstacle in me dunking right now, I can almost dunk two handed any way.

NBA Superstar

Just went to the gym to shoot around, some guys showed up and we played 21.

I lapped them 3 times.

Got up to the 60s before one of them even hit 20.

I shot 100 in a game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    yup. you did the right thing. how many times have i seen games like that get extra chippy and a dude gets hurt.

I agree. what's up with that? Those guys hurt other players just because they wanted to win. That's why the couldn't score in basketball league.

Learning to shoot layups

Didn't Play Ball again today, but did work on my dribbling again, I can tell a huge difference already, my left hand I am much more confident in my dribbling I feel I can trust it now, and my right has more control and is stronger, I also worked out today my legs just some squats and a calf workout nothing much first actual workout in a long time, and I have limited equipment to do it, I need to get a gym membership again, that way I could get more games and get a good workout in on much more equipment.

We won in a 4 on 4 pickup game. We played in another court.

Learning to shoot layups

Played about 2 1/2, 3 hours of ball today, my first game played pretty badly kept losing my dribbles when I shouldn't have just overall bad, but the rest of the games I was pretty dominate, second game I was playing smart defense on my man, keeping him from getting the ball, double teaming players who I know won't pass out and got a couple of steals like that, I also got some great layups, I am not a good shooter so I go to the hoop most of all, but I am athletic and can move through tight spaces, at one point in my second game I got a steal I think and started the fast break, went passed my man like he wasn't there and went for the lay in and as it came out of my hands a guy tried to block it and miss timed it so I hit my hand and accidentally knocked me on the ground so I got a and 1 although we don't play FT's, the rest of my games I played how I wanted to got a couple of points per and played good defense but my team kept losing because the didn't want to pass, my second to last game I had like 3 points out of 11 but played clutch defense, I blocked a game winning layup by a guy thats like 6'3, and played great defense on my man and we won the game, my last game I was great I hit a 2 the very first possession, although I shouldn't have taken it, but the entire game I had my younger brother on me, he's about 2-3 inches shorter but much stronger than me and knows how I play so can knock the ball out of my hands pretty regularly, but I had like 6 of my teams ten points from posting up on him and I was finishing with the left so I was rocking it, but my brother on a fast break them down 9-10 i'm down in the paint trying to make sure that they can't get an easy bucket like that, and the rest of my team is a little behind pretty much except for our big, and they get it and before we can really set our defense my brother takes a 2 and gets it barely touched and it swishes in for the win! It was one of those cool but its not my team so I am slightly upset moments, it was great for him though, and I can notice since improving my handles my game is so much better, I can throw passes better than I used to, and I can get to the rim much easier because I can now dribble the ball up faster rather than having to slow down, and I can tell my moves are overall better because people were more willing to go the way that I was moving towards to try and cross the other way, overall I think I played well today and am happy to have played like I did.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by blazersfan52
    Played about 2 1/2, 3 hours of ball today, my first game played pretty badly kept losing my dribbles when I shouldn't have just overall bad, but the rest of the games I was pretty dominate.

Second game I was playing smart defense on my man, keeping him from getting the ball, double teaming players who I know won't pass out and got a couple of steals like that. I also got some great layups, I am not a good shooter so I go to the hoop most of all, but I am athletic and can move through tight spaces, at one point in my second game I got a steal I think and started the fast break, went passed my man like he wasn't there and went for the lay in and as it came out of my hands a guy tried to block it and miss timed it so I hit my hand and accidentally knocked me on the ground so I got a and 1 although we don't play FT's.

The rest of my games I played how I wanted to got a couple of points per and played good defense but my team kept losing because the didn't want to pass, my second to last game I had like 3 points out of 11 but played clutch defense, I blocked a game winning layup by a guy thats like 6'3, and played great defense on my man and we won the game.

My last game I was great I hit a 2 the very first possession, although I shouldn't have taken it, but the entire game I had my younger brother on me, he's about 2-3 inches shorter but much stronger than me and knows how I play so can knock the ball out of my hands pretty regularly, but I had like 6 of my teams ten points from posting up on him and I was finishing with the left so I was rocking it.

My brother had the ball on a fast break, them down 9-10 i'm down in the paint trying to make sure that they can't get an easy bucket like that, and the rest of my team is a little behind pretty much except for our big, and they get it and before we can really set our defense my brother takes a 2 and gets it barely touched and it swishes in for the win! It was one of those cool but its not my team so I am slightly upset moments, it was great for him though.

I can notice since improving my handles my game is so much better, I can throw passes better than I used to, and I can get to the rim much easier because I can now dribble the ball up faster rather than having to slow down, and I can tell my moves are overall better because people were more willing to go the way that I was moving towards to try and cross the other way, overall I think I played well today and am happy to have played like I did.
    Damn man, I want to read what happened in your game and stuff, but you need to break it up into paragraphs. Otherwise it's pretty much illegible.

But nice work on the games, I know them feels.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Damn man, I want to read what happened in your game and stuff, but you need to break it up into paragraphs. Otherwise it's pretty much illegible.

But nice work on the games, I know them feels.
    Sorry was really tired, I had just gotten back from playing, and it was like 12 so I was ready to pass out

Learning to shoot layups

Played ball last night, I overall played all right, played more defense than offense because I barely ever touched the ball, and when I did I was bringing the ball up and play PG, my elbow got hurt, not too bad though, what happened was on a fastbreak this guy who everyone there thinks is the best player there while I shut him down in the game that I played on him, but on the fastbreak he did a pump fake and then did the little stick your butt out move, I had jumped on the pump fake because I had to, but I went flying over him and did half a flip in the air and landed straight on my elbow, better than on my head though, and thats the only really interesting thing that happened to me playing ball last night.
    Edit: Also while shooting around after the 3rd game I played in, there was 19 people there it was an odd number, but I am pretty sure that I dunked the ball, I went up and went left handed and it barely hit the inside of the rim, then it hit the bottom of the inside of the rim on the otherside, do you count that as a dunk? Because it's not like it bounced all around it went in pretty clean, because if you think it should count then I can say I dunked before!
    Last edited by blazersfan52; 05-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.

National High School Star

Hey Ish,

Been awhile since my last update, but here it is.

So this season has been a tougher one. The team struggling with chemistry issues and team moral is at it's lowest.
    We're last at the bottom of the ladder and it's been a tough run.
    I can't even remember the last time we won a game.

We have a new player, a good mate of mine who can do pretty much everything. However, i now find us relying on him too much, he get's the ball all the time and has to do everything, i'm trying to help him, i cut, create space & get open for a shot. But unfortunately his not much of a pass type player.
    Also he is not a leader which sort of sucks, he could be great if he had those qualities but yeah...

So it's still on me to try and lead this team, I've started hosting a training every Wednesday and it's working well for our lesser experienced players, so from here the only way is up.

My own game has been doing well, confidence still has a ways to go, and i still want to loose some weight so i can become a bit quicker. But during the last 4-5 games, i have been shooting well and playing some good basketball.

2 games ago against one of the more physical teams, with our new guy out, i took charge and hit almost every shot i took, the team played poorly and only just lost, we had far too many turnovers. But it was a great feeling to know that i almost gave us the chance to win it. I think i probably had my highest scoring game ever over 20pts. My previous best was 16pts in a grand final game.

Our bigs have been a major reason we haven't been winning any games, they haven't been boxing out, haven't been closing out the corner jumpers, and have just been really sloppy and playing poorly all season.
    Hell, last game we were against the biggest team in our div and i was boxing out better then any of a bigs.

We have to keep positive and keep playing hard, need to get more production from our bigs, but i can't control that, so i'm just looking to keep improving my self and start getting some wins on the board.

Until next time Ish, happy balling

Our next Basketball uniform

NBA Superstar

Played in a 3-on-3 tourney today. Railroaded all our opponents en route to the finals. Lost 20-19 in the finals to a team featuring a 6'7'' 240 Joey Graham clone who averages 17 a night for a pro team in Saudi Arabia. Had a good lead on those gents, got to score watching, began wearing down, couldn't finish it out. Kind of a bummer but not too much shame in losing to folks like that.

I'll be more offensively active in the next basketball league next October.