Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight's solution to Aldrige crapping on him - DEMAND THE BALL MORE

Nah I think when a player is this hot the only way to cool them down is to design the defense to deny them the ball or go at them at the defensive end and tire them out. So Dwight really isn't that far off. Of the Rockets can force LA to guard him more often it will be good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People are missing my point. I didn't say everything is Dwight's fault. I'm saying his solution is ridiculous. When your job is to defend and rebound, and your team has scoring, how is the key to you winning to "score". Not defend and rebound more?

The Rockets defense is horrific this series, and Harden has been bad, and instead of getting him off, we got Howard off while everyone else stood around. It's stupid.

At some point the drama that surrounds Howard led teams has to be the fault of Howard.
    What should have happened? Should they have went to Harden whose shooting 29% from the field? Iso Parsons? Lin? There isn't another consistent scoring option. Defense is the problem, but it's not as simple as "He needs to get focused!!" (he's been their best defensive player BY FAR btw.) It's coaching decisions like whether to double LMA or not. You're being ridiculous and focusing on the drama aspect too much. It doesn't have anything to do about drama. It's about basketblall.

People are missing my point. I didn't say everything is Dwight's fault. I'm saying his solution is ridiculous. When your job is to defend and rebound, and your team has scoring, how is the key to you winning to "score". Not defend and rebound more?

The Rockets defense is horrific this series, and Harden has been bad, and instead of getting him off, we got Howard off while everyone else stood around. It's stupid.

At some point the drama that surrounds Howard led teams has to be the fault of Howard.
    Who the **** else was about to consistently create offense other than HIM? If Harden and parsons are not playing well the floor gets crowded and it shuts passing and driving lanes off.

Howard was the ONLY mismatch on the court.

Making a thread about a guy averaging 29/15/4/1/1 31 PER in this series and bitching about him being aggressive is just stupid as shit. Especially IF you're mentioning him and "DRAMA" in the same sentence.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Dwight is putting up playoff caliber numbers. It's his counterparts that are not helping him at all. Also the Rockets overall defense is very bad. Their defense is "score more points than the other team". That defense will never win you a championship.

The Rockets defense is shitty and they lost. Their defensive leader's solution, I NEED THE BALL MORE. How does that not sound selfish?

He got the ball, the overall offense was no better although he was, and there defense was still uber shitty, and they lost.

I'm glad some of you see that as a good move on his part even though it failed.

The Rockets defense is shitty and they lost. Their defensive leader's solution, I NEED THE BALL MORE. How does that not sound selfish?

He got the ball, the overall offense was no better although he was, and there defense was still uber shitty, and they lost.

I'm glad some of you see that as a good move on his part even though it failed.
    Have you ever thought for a second that this might be a coaching problem? You know how many doubles were sent on LMA last night? Maybe once or twice. Again what should have happened then. Who should they have gone to? You aren't even thinking about this logically. Just "Well the defense sucked so it's all his fault." I guarantee you didn't watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Have you ever thought for a second that this might be a coaching problem? You know how many doubles were sent on LMA last night? Maybe once or twice. Again what should have happened then. Who should they have gone to? You aren't even thinking about this logically. Just "Well the defense sucked so it's all his fault." I guarantee you didn't watch the game.
    It doesn't matter, their leader's solution to shitty defense on a team where everyone only cares about offense is I NEED MORE SHOTS. You can say whatever you want, the solution to getting this team to play harder, and play more defense is not your leader saying I NEED TO SHOOT MORE. Period.

What should you do Dwight? WE SHOULD PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE. ILL LEAD AND THEY WILL FOLLOW.

Is Dwight a leader or not?

The Rockets look bad because Portland is making some sort of effort on defense (although not great, it's there) and they are not.
    Last edited by niko; 04-24-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Dwight is putting up playoff caliber numbers. It's his counterparts that are not helping him at all. Also the Rockets overall defense is very bad. Their defense is "score more points than the other team". That defense will never win you a championship.
    Why do you think that is? Why do you think the Hawks beat the Magic that year as a lower seed?

Because they are letting Dwight "get his" and smothering everyone with single coverage, instead of doubling Dwight and leaving people open.

It's an easy strategy. Spurs murdered the Lakers with it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Why do you think that is? Why do you think the Hawks beat the Magic that year as a lower seed?

Because they are letting Dwight "get his" and smothering everyone with single coverage, instead of doubling Dwight and leaving people open.

It's an easy strategy. Spurs murdered the Lakers with it last year.
    Harden is smothering himself. And so is Parsons. What you said would have been true if:

1. Howard would have went god mode last year but he didn't

2. Parsons didn't have a great game 1

He scored literally the Rockets first 11 or 13 points back to back to back to back but that was Portland's plan?

It doesn't matter, their leader's solution to shitty defense on a team where everyone only cares about offense is I NEED MORE SHOTS. You can say whatever you want, the solution to getting this team to play harder, and play more defense is not your leader saying I NEED TO SHOOT MORE. Period.

What should you do Dwight? WE SHOULD PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE. ILL LEAD AND THEY WILL FOLLOW.

Is Dwight a leader or not?

The Rockets look bad because Portland is making some sort of effort on defense (although not great, it's there) and they are not.
    Okay. It's apparently Howard's job to coach too because it's his fault that their not doubling and it's his fault that LMA is making unguardable shots. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Okay. It's apparently Howard's job to coach too because it's his fault that their not doubling and it's his fault that LMA is making unguardable shots. Gotcha.
    Are you in love with him or something? He's one of the biggest starts in the league, he has to lead, and you can say it a million times but i don't see how you lead a team that doesn't want to play defense by demanding more shots. And to boot, it so clearly failed.

IF Howard doesn't need to lead who is? Harden?
    Last edited by niko; 04-24-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Are you in love with him or something? He's one of the biggest starts in the league, he has to lead, and you can say it a million times but i don't see how you lead a team that doesn't want to play defense by demanding more shots. And to boot, it so clearly failed.

IF Howard doesn't need to lead who is? Harden?
    You're too simple minded on this. Do you even understand what Houston's defensive problems are? Guarding LMA is the biggest problem, but Dwight can't call doubles on him himself. McHale has to do it.

To those who are pointing out Dwights stats last night. Yeah it looks nice and all but the dude has 19 in the first quarter. Where did he go offensively after that? He started out 8/9 and finished 5/13. 7 points in the second half. What the excuse there? Plus his counterpart LA is averaging 45/12. What good does his stats do if he is getting dominated on the other side?