Default What are your favorite games of the last year or two?

What are your favorite games of the last year or two?

And what is OBVIOUSLY good about each game?

And what's something special about the game you figured was cool only after playing it a lot?

Default Re: What are your favorite games of the last year or two?

My favorite game is seeing how much of a douchebag I can be in ISH OTC until you delete my posts

... in all seriousness tho I have been enjoying Path of Exile (fantastic diablo 2 clone/sequel), Battlefield 1 (the best battlefield in a long time), and Civilization 6 (excellent strategy game with huge nostalgia for fans of past civ titles).
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-26-2019 at 01:57 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    My favorite game is seeing how much of a douchebag I can be in ISH OTC until you delete my posts

... in all seriousness tho I have been enjoying Path of Exile (fantastic diablo 2 clone/sequel), Battlefield 1 (the best battlefield in a long time), and Civilization 6 (excellent strategy game with huge nostalgia for fans of past civ titles).

You ever put any time into Grim Dawn?

Ok, so best games from 2017-on. All these games are among my very favorites.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - most immersive world ever with rockstar's true to life level of detail and incredible writing to boot.

Persona 5 - best jrpg I've ever played, fantastic anime-style atmosphere with engrossing gameplay loops and most fun I've ever had with turn-based combat. A+ soundtrack too.

Nier: Automata - Platinum's joyous combat, with Yoko Taro's world creation and superb writing, the second half is a revelation.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - After initially being brutalized (hardest game I've ever beaten), the game clicked with me. Miyazaki's wonderful world building and creative vision plus Fromsoft's industry leading level design all work together beautifully to create another masterpiece. The more you play, the more you love it.

Celeste - One of the best (and hardest) platformers ever made. Beautiful desigin in every facet.

Metro Exodus - Big fan of the series. Good progression in design, best one yet. Best setpieces in the series.

Super Mario Odyssey - Best 3d platformer of the past few years. A mainline Mario title is almost never bad (maybe ever).

Still want to play Dragon Quest XI
    Last edited by fsvr54; 07-27-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    You ever put any time into Grim Dawn?
    yeah I played it a bit... its a solid game for sure, but I strongly prefer POE

Learning to shoot layups

I like every nba 2k game

<== Ahem.

Every prior Rockstar game, as much as I love them still, aged 100 years when RDR2 came out.