Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: New Lakers coach will be Frank Vogel, with Jason Kidd as assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I love Giannis but his words don't mean shit on this topic, he will literally never say a bad thing about anyone in the organization. It's not in his makeup.

Kidd was a trash fire of a coach. Terrible at pretty much every facet of the job. Sorry you're a fan of Kidd the player but Kidd the coach was a complete failure.
    i think Kidd has some value on a team to mentor a PG. i definitely wouldn't hire him as a HC. but some role to mentor a PG would be of value. then again, if he tries to create a power struggle, i'd fire his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i think Kidd has some value on a team to mentor a PG. i definitely wouldn't hire him as a HC. but some role to mentor a PG would be of value. then again, if he tries to create a power struggle, i'd fire his ass.
    That's the problem though. He's a complete egomaniac and will almost certainly try to gain power and more influence on whatever. And if it's not him directly, it'll probably be the Lakers FO or even LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    That's the problem though. He's a complete egomaniac and will almost certainly try to gain power and more influence on whatever. And if it's not him directly, it'll probably be the Lakers FO or even LeBron.
    i'll take your word for it since i'm not too familiar with Kidd's antics as a coach being a Suns fan.

either way, this hire doesn't make sense bc Vogel is not a match for Bron and Kidd will definitely usurp Vogel in the near future.

Give or take 3 months before Bran throws Vogel under the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Give or take 3 months before Bran throws Vogel under the bus?
    Bran Bran Bran

Good High School Starter

Totally bad fit, Vogel made his name with the Pacers. Old school basketball, when he had Hibbert at Center and Davis West at PF. Lakers have no one for that type of basketball. Vogel isnt suitable for Lakers small ball lineups.

Fakers are done for i love it.

Jason Kidd you just know they

[COLOR=Teal]A power move by the Lakers FO. LeBron should know Laker history, 15 banners, all won by white coaches IIRC.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]If he has a problem with hiring a coach like Vogel, then he should come out publically and say so. If not, he ought to act like the professional veteran that he is and just focus on what he can control.
    [/COLOR]

The ISH'ers Champion!

Kinda flies the fact that we're already predicting how long Vogel's stay as the Lakers head coach is gonna be. All cause Bran is that much of a cancer and a coach killer.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Kinda flies the fact that we're already predicting how long Vogel's stay as the Lakers head coach is gonna be. All cause Bran is that much of a cancer and a coach killer.
    Your hero Kobe had more coaches than LeBron has had.

dumbass

Great college starter

This is pretty bad both on the surface and below

Vogel won’t get much respect from the players. Kidd won’t even really respect Vogel. Basically hired the guys replacement before hiring him, which is a terrible dynamic

Not even mentioning the fact that neither coach is actually strong at the X’s and O’s

For the people that didn

[QUOTE=raprap]Jason Kidd you just know they

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    This is pretty bad both on the surface and below

Vogel won’t get much respect from the players. Kidd won’t even really respect Vogel. Basically hired the guys replacement before hiring him, which is a terrible dynamic

Not even mentioning the fact that neither coach is actually strong at the X’s and O’s
    Frank Vogel turned the Lakers into a defensive juggernaut.