Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Russia 93 - Michigan State 75: ISH Trolls Exposed Again

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    remember when all the Mavs rioted when Dirk won MVP?

You're trash. I bet you blame the Illuminati or Jews for why you're a broke, bald bitch
    I'm a loser. I'm ugly. I have a small package.

But I bet i'd beat your ass.

3020 SW Archer RD. Gainesville, FL.

I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

I dare you.
    ha, my mom was born in Gainesville. She wasn't dumb enough to stick around though

I was nationally recognized for playing one of the most violent team sports around. You're fat and have Trex arms.

Local High School Star

I dare you.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

oh and jeff deleted the ming_7_6 thread but good thing there's always an archived version on the internet

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I dare you.
    damn

**** Jeff for deleting that thread.. google cache disappear after some time

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    How is euroleague still alive?

His blood pressure has to be out the roof.

Didnt he claim all these euro trash players would dominate the NBA?
    true though

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...-fiba-americas

What could Rick Pitino possibly learn from coaching Puerto Rico? A lot

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

Rick Pitino is 62 years old, a Hall of Famer who normally yearns for the slower pace of the offseason.

So why Louisville's head coach took on the commitment of helping Puerto Rico qualify for the 2016 Olympics was puzzling.

Pitino's debut at the Pan Am Games in July underscored just how daunting a task he had undertaken. It featured a 92-59 drubbing at the hands of Brazil. Then came another 30-point plus loss to Team USA. However, since then that initial rag-tag Puerto Rican squad has been upgraded for the next week's FIBA Americas Championship Olympic qualifier in Mexico City. But the reality is the team is overmatched.

Just don't tell that to Pitino.

"I don't regret this at all," Pitino said. "Coach K [Mike Krzyzewski] and Brett Brown both told me I'd learn a lot -- and I have."

While Pitino's family couldn't quite comprehend (and still can't) his reasons for this summer-long commitment, Pitino decided to coach Puerto Rico for several reasons: (1) to learn new ideas; (2) the sheer challenge to get Puerto Rico into the Olympics and (3) it offered his new-look Louisville team valuable experience playing against a group of pros.

Pitino admitted the 10 practices leading up to the trip and the games against guys such as NBA guard J.J. Barea have been important for him and all of his players -- both Louisville and Puerto Rico. However, Pitino said what he has learned the most from watching teams such as Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela has been eye-opening and will benefit him and his Louisville teams going forward.

"We've already put in an offensive set from each of those three teams," Pitino said. "I've learned so much offensively already."

Remember, this man is 62, a Hall of Famer, and has a college coaching career winning percentage of .740. He's won two national championships and been to the Final Four seven times. What does he have to learn?

That initial rag-tag group that got blown out was made up primarily of anonymous players. Most didn't even make the roster for the Olympic qualifier (the better players were still playing in pro leagues at the time of the Pan Am Games). But he was able to use those games as an opportunity to scout opposing teams and watch how teams such as Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela ran their offenses.

"The way they pass the ball," Pitino said. "They move the ball, and have a lot of guys who can shoot the 3. Their ball movement, cutting and passing is terrific."

Pitino said each of the three sets he has already implemented into Louisville's system is based on players moving and cutting, along with paint touches, which ultimately enables someone to get an uncontested shot.

"The NBA is a lot of isolation, but a lot of what you see with the international teams is a lot what the San Antonio Spurs do," Pitino said.

While Pitino admittedly has picked up plenty on the offensive side of the ball, that hasn't quite been the case on the other end of the floor.

"I've learned very little defensively," he said. "It's completely ridiculous. In FIBA, there are a lot of illegal screens, pushing, it's three times more physical than the NBA.

"Guys get fouled five or six times every possession," he added. "There aren't as many spectacular plays because when you go to the basket for a dunk, you get taken out."

Pitino did say two players who thrived in the Pan Am Games -- and also the Tuto Marchand Cup, a tune-up for the FIBA Americas Championship -- were Canadians Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.

"Wiggins is becoming much tougher because of the way the game is played," Pitino said. "And Bennett's confidence is coming back because he enjoys the physical play."

Pitino is realistic about Puerto Rico's chances to qualify for the Olympics. Brazil already has qualified, so that leaves one more spot -- and both Canada and Argentina will be difficult to beat. Especially with Puerto Rico's Maurice Harkless still nursing an ankle injury that has put his availability in question.

"I think we've got a shot," Pitino said. "But we need Mo Harkless and everyone else healthy."

For a few days back in July, while most of his peers were in gyms throughout the country watching top recruits, Pitino was internally debating whether he made a mistake to give up his summer to coach a group that couldn't even stay within 30 points of Brazil or the U.S. at the Pan Am Games.

But Puerto Rico has been far more competitive since that 1-3 showing, and has won both of its games in the Tuto Cup, which runs from Aug. 31 to Sept. 12 in Mexico City.

"I've given up a couple months of my life," Pitino said. "But it's been a worthwhile experience. I've loved the ability to learn new things at this stage of my career. I'll get another chance to take a vacation, but I might never get another opportunity like this."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some advice: stop posting gifs. You don't know how to do it properly. They never work. Somehow you're the worst at it, and considering the low level of troll here, that's quite an accomplishment.

Some further advice: stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    1-Its summer MSU hasn't been practicing and isn't allowed to practice until October.

2-They played over 15 players during the game and 10 played extended minutes.

This was more a controlled scrimmage than a game, and the fact you are excited about it is sad.
    What is sad is that in this site, 95+% of the posters claim that any NCAA college team would "easily win the gold medal at the Olympics", and have been making that claim here for YEARS.

And now, the SAME EXACT people are pretending that they have never said that......

That is what is sad. The insight into the minds of the truly sad and pathetic trolls of ISH that is.

Last edited by Euroleague; 08-29-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    This truly a laughable topic.
    That's rich, coming from the same guy that says on a nearly daily basis here that, "the best players in Europe are not even good enough to play in the NCAA".

Last edited by Euroleague; 08-29-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    more than half of the squad is from michigan. the rest are from neighboring midwest states. they also have rules about offseason practices, and as such have not practiced together.
    All I see are a bunch of whiny NBA only fans making up a bunch of lame ass excuses.

You claim here for YEARS that NCAA teams will "dominate and destroy any teams from Europe", and now you are all pretending you never said that.

Last edited by Euroleague; 08-29-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Some advice: stop posting gifs. You don't know how to do it properly. They never work. Somehow you're the worst at it, and considering the low level of troll here, that's quite an accomplishment.

Some further advice: stop posting.

The gif is working genius.

The gif is working genius.
    how's the weather in arkansas these days doe?

Italy 90 - Michigan State 69

Box Score:

http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/FIP/138946/

Andrea Bargnani and Lugi Datome didn't play, and Danilo Gallinari only played 4 minutes, because Italy's coach wanted to make the game more competitive...........

Last edited by Euroleague; 08-31-2015 at 01:13 AM.

That's rich, coming from the same guy that says on a nearly daily basis here that, "the best players in Europe are not even good enough to play in the NCAA".

The best players in Europe are playing in the NBA. In fact, the best players in the WORLD, are playing in the NBA.

The best players of Euroleague would be scrubs, at best, in the NBA. That has been proven over-and-over again.

As for bragging about national teams, with NBA players, beating a college team comprised of ZERO NBA-talent level players, and that lost 12 games last year to other college teams, and with their two tallest players at a listed 6-9, is truly laughable.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 08-30-2015 at 06:03 PM.