Default So Who You Guys Think We're Drafting

whats your guys' pick at 11? I hope we get Kevin Love. if not we should pick Westbrook. Here are my picks then:

1) Kevin Love
    2) Westbrook

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: So Who You Guys Think We're Drafting

Westbrook
    Love
    Augustin

I really don't want any part of Deandre Jordan or Javale McGee. Project bigs have a horrible percentage of panning out. I'm afraid we're going to end up reaching for Augustin at 11. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I think he's more of a pick 15-20 type guy. I wouldn't be upset or anything with him at 11 really I suppose.

I wanna try and move into the bottom of the 1st round to, Memphis and Seattle both have 2 1st rounders.

[QUOTE=InspiredLebowski]Westbrook
    Love
    Augustin

I really don't want any part of Deandre Jordan or Javale McGee. Project bigs have a horrible percentage of panning out. I'm afraid we're going to end up reaching for Augustin at 11. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I think he's more of a pick 15-20 type guy. I wouldn't be upset or anything with him at 11 really I suppose.

I wanna try and move into the bottom of the 1st round to, [COLOR="Red"]Memphis and Seattle both have 2 1st rounders.[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]
    both have young teams, theyre going to want to keep their picks and rebuild

[quote=PacerRaptor]
    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Westbrook
    Love
    Augustin

I wanna try and move into the bottom of the 1st round to, [COLOR=Red]Memphis and Seattle both have 2 1st rounders.[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]
    both have young teams, theyre going to want to keep their picks and rebuild
    Not if there isn't anything on the board they like when it gets nearer their later picks and we have a younger guy they may have interested in (I'm looking at you Ike Diogu).

[QUOTE=InspiredLebowski]
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor

Not if there isn't anything on the board they like when it gets nearer their later picks and we have a younger guy they may have interested in (I'm looking at you Ike Diogu).
    Miami is thinking of trading their number 2 pick. But we dont have any players they would want. They're probably looking for superstars http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...1487025.column

I don't really see anything we could work out with Miami. Maybe JO for Marion or something, but you'd think they could do better than JO for him. Of course the Suns did give him up for Shaq.

Chicago though, they're intriguing now. I'm usually against trading within the division, but something like JO for Hinrich, Gooden, and Thabo and maybe a 2nd rounder or future first would be worth considering I think. Maybe add Ike if they want. Or instead of Gooden, Larry Hughes. Gooden's only got a year on his deal, but Hughes only has 2 (same as JO) so the money's a push. Hinrich and Hughes would give us the best defensive backcourt I can remember us having in over a decade. Only problem with Hughes instead is it leaves us really thin up front. I like Love a lot, but with a Murphy/Foster starting duo we'd really need an interior D presence, whice he isn't. And of corse we would still need to dump Tinsley. Maybe Denver'd take him for Atkins and Stephen Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I don't really see anything we could work out with Miami. Maybe JO for Marion or something, but you'd think they could do better than JO for him. Of course the Suns did give him up for Shaq.

Chicago though, they're intriguing now. I'm usually against trading within the division, but something like JO for Hinrich, Gooden, and Thabo and maybe a 2nd rounder or future first would be worth considering I think. Maybe add Ike if they want. Or instead of Gooden, Larry Hughes. Gooden's only got a year on his deal, but Hughes only has 2 (same as JO) so the money's a push. Hinrich and Hughes would give us the best defensive backcourt I can remember us having in over a decade. Only problem with Hughes instead is it leaves us really thin up front. I like Love a lot, but with a Murphy/Foster starting duo we'd really need an interior D presence, whice he isn't. And of corse we would still need to dump Tinsley. Maybe Denver'd take him for Atkins and Stephen Hunter?
    looking at your trade idea. We would be left with a start 5 of:
    Hinrich
    Granger
    Dunleavy
    Muphy
    Hunter

Still is pretty good, considering that bench we would have. But Hughes' attitude he brings to Indy is just going to add to our off court issues

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    looking at your trade idea. We would be left with a start 5 of:
    Hinrich
    Granger
    Dunleavy
    Muphy
    Hunter

Still is pretty good, considering that bench we would have. But Hughes' attitude he brings to Indy is just going to add to our off court issues
    I thought about his attitude, but as far as I know he's never had any off court problems. The questions have always been about his committment and work ethic. As far as his commitment, I like to think Larry Bird could teach him something about that. If not, nothing we aren't used to with Tinsley, except Hughes will at least play. The work ethic doesn't worry me, the thing I've liked most about Jim O'Brien is his apparent ability to get guys to focus on their weaknesses and improve them.

You could plug Hughes and Dunleavy in and out of the starting lineup depending on the quality of the perimeter players on the opposing team. I really like it, gives us a lot more flexible cap. Drafting a guy like Darrell Arthur at 11 would be a good fit. Or maybe stick with Love at 11 (if he's there) and try and pray DJ White falls in the 2nd round for defense.

the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

I really hope that we draft Westbrook. He is athletic and a great defender, I love pgs who play defense. I also want Pacers to ship Murphy and Daniels out of here but that is another story. Keep Jermaine and let him be a valueable expirer for us.

I believe the Pacers should use the #11 pick on a point guard at all costs. I have Russell Westbrook & DJ Augustin in mind. From what I have heard and seen Westbrook is a great defensive player and can get into the lane and cause trouble. Augustin seems like a guy who will play hard and can run a team very well.

Saw a basketball once

D.J. Augustin or bust.

Lolz. Throwback bitches!