Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Insider Request: LeBron's 2-4 Finals record is one of his greatest achievements

Winshares.......

I rule the local playground

Default Re: ESPN Insider Request: LeBron's 2-4 Finals record is one of his greatest achievements

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron
    dam

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron

Nice to know Lebrontards are retarded matter where they are, espn or insidehoops.

Winshares, a stat that's heavily reliant on TEAMS.

ESPN is a f*cking joke. They're always trying to save this clown from embarrassment.

The ISH'ers Champion!

This league would of been a lot different had Kobe not being accused of rape in 04. The media has had to to go all in on James.... propping him up failure after failure.

One of Kobe's biggest sins to basketball. May god forgive him.

Unhappy Re: ESPN Insider Request: LeBron's 2-4 Finals record is one of his greatest achievements

arguments were pretty poor. Hope people realize winshares were just used to make a point however to casual fans(and the rest of the winshares list is actually pretty good). The finishing statement was pretty good however. "That doesn't mean we have to tear James and everyone else down. Especially not for their achievements." Definitely applies here.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

The irony is this article is just going to make people shit on Lebron even more. Most reasonable people expect the Cavs to lose thia series and aren't going to hold it against Lebron, but ESPN has to spin everything into some sort of positive for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    arguments were pretty poor. Hope people realize winshares were just used to make a point however to casual fans(and the rest of the winshares list is actually pretty good). The finishing statement was pretty good however. "That doesn't mean we have to tear James and everyone else down. Especially not for their achievements." Definitely applies here.
    Agree, arguments could have been better.

Win-Shares does usually get the best player right which is pretty sweet if you run it down since the millenium, only last year Harden was wrong, and '02, '08 and '14 are right based on regular season only.

Top 5 Legacy: CONFIRMED

WE WIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Like your boy did?

"Once LeBron James left last night’s game due to cramps, of course the jokes started flying on social media because that is par for the course now. One of the more persistent jokes was about how Michael Jordan played with the flu, he would have never come out of a game for cramps, etc, etc. Well thanks to Roland Lazenby’s “Michael Jordan: The Life”, we know that Jordan did in fact come out of Game 4 of the 1997 Finals due to stomach cramps:

It would later be learned that a Bulls team assistant had mistakenly replaced the players’ Gatorade with GatorLode, a heavy drink used for building carbs. “It was like eating baked potatoes,” explained trainer Chip Schaeffer. Down the stretch, Chicago’s players complained of stomach cramps and Jordan even asked to sit for a time, something he never did at a key moment.

So while Jordan is viewed as the most mentally tough player we have ever seen, keep in mind that His Airness also exited a Finals game because of a circumstance he couldn’t control that led to cramps.
    people tend to think i give two shits about mj because he's in my avatar. **** him and his father for all i care.

but ya, alright. i'll give you that - the cramps. that still leaves the rest i mentioned. you wanna address those? naaaah u wanna nitpick.
    Last edited by diamenz; 06-03-2016 at 09:25 PM.

There's a reason why several people call them "BSPN". Think about it.

people tend to think i give two shits about mj because he's in my avatar. **** him and his father for all i care.

but ya, alright. i'll give you that - the cramps. that still leaves the rest i mentioned. you wanna address those? naaaah u wanna nitpick.

LOL @ at saying "I'm the one who wants to nitpik"....go look at your list.

   

my question would be-- what were his team's season records during the seven finals trips, and how did those compare to the league best? by comparison, i seem to recall that jordan's bulls usually had the best or near-best record in the league during his six finals trips.

point is, i think an argument could be made that lebron was MORE influential and crucial to his team's success than jordan. the stats above should support that.

you could also compare this to how their teams performed without them. i know the bulls were still an elite team even while jordan was away playing baseball. what about the cavs and the heat without lebron?