Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: How good was Drazen Petrovic?

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    most of them never even heard of Bogart, Rossellini, Edward G. Robinson, John Huston, Cagney, Howard Hawks, Fellini, Grant, or Garbo. So how are they going to know anything about it? Some really old movies are masterpieces to this day.

saying dark knight is better than star wars is like comparing petrovic to jerry west
    Meh movies evolve as well. What was good back then might not be that good for today's standard.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    get this, the dark knight is a top 5 movie ever. And you wouldn't believe it, but majority of the audiences actually agree with me on this according to the imdb rating
    IMDB's ratings for more recent movies are absolutely terrible, you're simply being dumb if you don't take them with a HUGE grain of salt.

And since when does the majority of "random"-public's opinion decides what's right? - Talking about people who don't even know much about film history or haven't seen close to a "reasonable" amount of movies to let them have fundamented or credible opinions... How about them Kardashian bitches being popular af, what you gotta say about stuff like that?

I really enjoyed The Dark Knight and Ledger's performance... but there's NO WAY that the movie or the performance are all-time top5, not even remotely close...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Maybe i should have been more specific.... but i think you get my point, well, at least not you mr. Euroleague... Drazen destroyed the Euroleague like no man ever did before....
    You claimed he scored 112 points in a Euroleague game which is a lie. Probably thinking all these clown NBA only fans won't know any better. Stop trolling.

For the NBA fans that don't know any better.

He scored 112 points an a Yugoslav league game, and it was against a team that was playing with their junior players of their 2nd team. Basically he was playing against some high school kids.

Drazen was a great player without any question and these NBA clown trolls are totally ridiculous as usual with most of their comments here about him, but don't troll for no reason. There is no reason to troll, lie and flat out make up shit. Which is what you did.

As for no player dominating Euroleague like him before he did?

Oh really?

What about.......

Emiliano Rodriguez
    Sergey Belov
    Janis Krumins
    Bob Morse
    Szczerbiak Sr.

Just to name some right there?

Stop trolling.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-30-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Meh movies evolve as well. What was good back then might not be that good for today's standard.

Dumb-ass post right there... Evolve in what way? And not everything evolves for the better, not even close.

Movie industry is at one of his weakest points right now, imho. That's especially when you compare what's good to what makes the most money... Compare it to the 70's or so (probably the best movie era) and you'll see a huge difference there

You'll see plenty of overrated films and actors nowadays, not much originality as before or close, even clear when you see the huge amount of reboots/remakes being thrown out like never before...

"What was good back then might not be that good for today's standard." Lmfao...

You must be one of those persons who think better cgi-effects makes for the best movies That's why the most recent Mad Max makes little use of it (compared to others out there) and shits on the vast majority of action movies in like the last 10 years... Couldn't even top Pitch Perfect 2 on opening week at the box office though...
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 05-30-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Yeah, I probably was a bit too harsh.
    I'd say he was close to curry's level shot wise, but didn't have the handle or passing ability or defense of curry
    You need to seriously stop smoking crack.

He was a better Reggie Miller.

I'd take him over Klay Thompson, but that is because I don't really rate him.

A lot of people like to point that he was already 29 and he wouldn't have gotten better, but at the same time, he was on the bench in Portland when he shouldn't have been, and when he was still getting adjusted to the game.
    He would have been a 24-4-4 type guy getting minutes from the get go in his prime.

The "smaller Kyle Korver" comparison is an embarrassment. Petrovic was a great playmaker too.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    In his prime, see Jerry West... with an even better shot and much more trashtalking / competitiveness....

Now imagine that guy in the Euroleague, he would be having 40 to 112 points every other night.... and thats exactly what Drazen did (yes, even the 112 points part where he was 40 of 60 & took 20 3's, the next game he scored 62)...

He came to the NBA at 25-26, still not trusted minutes/starting position until he was 27, got in rythm and averaged 22-3-4 @ 52-45-87 (only 16 FGA) and then died.......

If he came into the NBA early, like at 20 and was given a starting job/minutes he would have been developed into even better than he was before, which is a scary thought..... lets just say i really do believe he would be everything Reggie Miller was but BETTER (and Reggie was my favorite player of all time), but i have also lived in Croatia and spent many years watching his games on TV, the others on VHS, to really see/comprehend prime Drazens game & potential (NBA potential)...

...as worse as any International/Euroleague Basketball league was and is compared to NBA... NOBODY was able to play & dominate like him there ever.... I mean the guy was toying/teasing/clowning with the International players/Euroleague just like if you would have placed Michael Jordan there instead.... just like seeing Mohammed Ali clown some scrub boxer....
    Jerry West is much much better player than Petrovich not the other way around

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

petrovic is a player that would have excelled in any situation if given time and the ball like he did in nj killing everyone

yea this guy is like kyle korver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlPtBsGbYo

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He was a better Reggie Miller.

I'd take him over Klay Thompson, but that is because I don't really rate him.

A lot of people like to point that he was already 29 and he wouldn't have gotten better, but at the same time, he was on the bench in Portland when he shouldn't have been, and when he was still getting adjusted to the game.
    He would have been a 24-4-4 type guy getting minutes from the get go in his prime.

The "smaller Kyle Korver" comparison is an embarrassment. Petrovic was a great playmaker too.
    Kyle Korver is a poor man's Matt Lojeski. In other words, he is basically the same player as Matt Lojeski, only not as good. Lojeski is something like the 3rd to 5th best player on Olympiacos........

The guy that said Korver is better than Petrovic is in the same level of troll as Rooster.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Please... Really think he could pass/playmake (not talking about handles here) as well one of the best all-time passers at the SG position? Really think he could play D like one of the GOAT SG defenders? Gimme a break.
    And again, Drazen was probably a better pure shooter (while being much more than that) but he didn't have the same scoring skill-set or capabilities as West, who himself was a great shooter.

That other dude's post comparing him to Kyle Korver or something was really underrating him but when you say he was Jerry West with a better shot, that's really overrating him...
    dat nigguh Jerry... lmao @ anyone with that name getting a NCAA scholarship today...dat nigguh wouldnt get off the bench for Zimbabwe's special olympic team.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Jerry West is much much better player than Petrovich not the other way around
    This is why you will always be a troll no matter what. There are guys here over trolling about Petrovic..........OK. No need to point it out, unless they are making shit up and lying. I pointed out the blatant lies like "he scored 112 point in a Euroleague game", when it was actually 112 points in a Yugo league game against a team playing with its junior players.

But see, on the other hand, we have guys saying players like Jose Calderon and Kyle Korver are clearly better than Petrovic was. Strangely, you of course don't respond at all to that absurd, actually ludicrous trolling.

Or even the guy saying Curry is better at defense.............which is absurd, and even the remark that Curry is a better passer is quite honestly also ridiculous.

You pretend to be some kind of basketball guy and non troll, but you are one of the worst trolls here BY FAR.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-30-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    This is why you will always be a troll no matter what. There are guys here over trolling about Petrovic..........OK. No need to point it out, unless they are making shit up and lying. I pointed out the blatant lies like "he scored 112 point in a Euroleague game", when it was actually 112 points in a Yugo league game against a team playing with its junior players.

But see, on the other hand, we have guys saying players like Jose Calderon and Kyle Korver are clearly better than Petrovic was. Strangely, you of course don't respond at all to that absurd, actually ludicrous trolling.

Or even the guy saying Curry is better at defense.............which is absurd, and even the remark that Curry is a better passer is quite honestly also ridiculous.

You pretend to be some kind of basketball guy and non troll, but you are one of the worst trolls here BY FAR.
    I focus on the Jerry West era of basketball. Maybe that's why I chose to respond to the Jerry West comparison? The name Jerry West stands out to me. You want to contest the other comparisons? Go right ahead no one is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I focus on the Jerry West era of basketball. Maybe that's why I chose to respond to the Jerry West comparison? The name Jerry West stands out to me. You want to contest the other comparisons? Go right ahead no one is stopping you.
    The point is, the fact you constantly post that way, shows you obviously think like that.

Like, "oh yeah, have to say to this guy, oh West was way better."

On the other hand, like the thought never occurs to you that,

"I should say to those other trolls, you know, saying Jose Calderon or Kyle Korver are better than Petrovic really is an insult".

Just one, two, three instances would not mean anything probably, but it's always like that with you in topics like this.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The point is, the fact you constantly post that way, shows you obviously think like that.

Like, "oh yeah, have to say to this guy, oh West was way better."

On the other hand, like the thought never occurs to you that,

"I should say to those other trolls, you know, saying Jose Calderon or Kyle Korver are better than Petrovic really is an insult".

Just one, two, three instances would not mean anything probably, but it's always like that with you in topics like this.
    he literally just told you why he posted about West's era and yet you apparently don't know how to read bro

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    on the other hand, many of them were better than today's standard.