Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Spurs will sign either Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge and Duncan will stick around

No way does Duncan retire. He was too damn good again this season to walk away right now.

If the Spurs sign Aldridge:

I can see Duncan moving to the bench and coming off the bench with Diaw. I think Ginobili will retire so this would be kind of cool having Duncan off the bench replacing Ginobili as the Spurs 6th man. Maybe he could even with 6th man of the year.

C: Splitter
    PF: Aldridge
    SF: Leonard
    SG: Green
    PG: Parker

6th man: Duncan

If the Spurs sign Marc Gasol I can see the Spurs trading Splitter and then they would keep Duncan as a starter at the 4.

C: Gasol
    PF: Duncan
    SF: Leonard
    SG: Green
    PG: Parker
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 05-05-2015 at 12:38 PM.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Default Re: Spurs will sign either Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge and Duncan will stick around

After all the gushing over the story about walking off in the middle of a game i'm going to be pissed now if he retires during an offseason.

Default Re: Spurs will sign either Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge and Duncan will stick around

how much help does this guy need? any rings he wins wont even affect his legacy marginally

Grizz are gonna pay Gasol a pretty fat check, so I would wager he stays.

Aldridge...honestly, he could end up anywhere. Lots of teams will be in on him.

Mills is starting u dummy. Pop gave Tony one last chance he not bout it

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Mills is starting u dummy. Pop gave Tony one last chance he not bout it
    TP was hurting

Decent playground baller jimmybball's Avatar

Either would be huge pick ups.

Gasol has lived in Memphis for a long ass time and he gets more money by staying there, and they have a legitimate roster, he's not leaving.

Aldridge would be the obvious pick here for the Spurs, but even if they add him, they are not going to do any damage in the Playoffs. Duncan's defense is underrated and Splitter can't stay healthy, so a much worse defensive team with a past-prime Parker isn't going to do much.

Gasol is staying in Memphis. They have a good core. Aldridge is more of a scorer, which is what we need IMO. Someone who can take over a game consistently.

Banned

Aldridge only happens for the spurs if any two of Green/Diaw/Bellinelli walk, or a trade with Splitter happens. Also there's no chance of signing him if Ginobili comes back.

Gasol isn't happening. LMA isn't far fetched but the stars need to align. We can't keep some of our proven guys and sign LMA. Which I'm fine with personally, just to shake things up. I just wish Tony Parker wasn't sucking up so much money $45 mil over the next 3 years

Good college starter

I don't think he should retire. Tony Parker who usually cause a lot attention in opposing defense was barely himself and they were still among the best team. Knowing the Spurs I think they will pick a mobile big that can check Blake defensively. I don't think they necessarily need a star big man to win again, they just need Parker to be healthy. I don't think they will survive the first round again if he's not a threat.

No way Spurs keep Splitter ($10 million), Duncan (at least $5 million), Green ($9-10 million, maybe a paycut if he wants to stay) and get Aldridge ($15+ million).

Just give me Monroe and let Manu retire, try to get another playmaking SG.

Or better yet, just run it back one more time. We can contend if Pop plays Parker considerably less.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 05-05-2015 at 03:04 PM.

They shouldn't try to alter what they have too much. I personally see Ginobili as the only possible retiree. If he does leave, I wish the Spurs would get Gary Neal again.

I would LOVE Aldridge on the Spurs but hate what that means in terms of letting important pieces go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    They shouldn't try to alter what they have too much. I personally see Ginobili as the only possible retiree. If he does leave, I wish the Spurs would get Gary Neal again.

I would LOVE Aldridge on the Spurs but hate what that means in terms of letting important pieces go.

I'm totally down for a change of pace. Teams are starting to figure out the Spurs, and they're only getting older. I could definitely see Green, Diaw, or Belli gone this offseason. It's sad but I think it's time to experiment.

Lol yeah, Gasol is going to leave his adopted hometown to take LESS money