College superstar

Default More likely to win championship(s): 1991-95 Knicks with servicable sg, or....

the suns with kj healthy (undiagnosed hernia probem that caused him to miss ~110 games with barkley).

healthy kj vs magic h2h: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK_tKG9u1_c

i get that some will say phx because of their offense, but to me the knicks were always the closest to winning a championship. i still can't believe one of the GOAT defenses went as far as they did with john starks, a former cba/grocery bagger. you get ewing paired up with sprewell earlier, or a mitch ricmond and that knicks team looks pretty unbeatable IMO.

Default Re: More likely to win championship(s): 1991-95 Knicks with servicable sg, or....

Haven't been on here too much, good to see you bud.

Interesting hypothetical, looking forward to the discussion.

College superstar

Default Re: More likely to win championship(s): 1991-95 Knicks with servicable sg, or....

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Haven't been on here too much, good to see you bud.

Interesting hypothetical, looking forward to the discussion.
    welcome back fpliii.. you're welcome to post your thoughts

i've been a bit more active myself, so when i get the free time, i post whatever semi-interesting basketball thought here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    welcome back fpliii.. you're welcome to post your thoughts

i've been a bit more active myself, so when i get the free time, i post whatever semi-interesting basketball thought here lol.

This is the Suns with Hornacek or Chuck btw? I'm high on Richmond either way though so it'd be close.

EDIT: Actually just re-read, this isn't 1 year, it's over a 5 year span I think.

Nice thread

For me, the Knicks, they were literally a good SG away of winning rings and probably deny the GOAT one of them.

Ewing wasn

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

This is the Suns with Hornacek or Chuck btw? I'm high on Richmond either way though so it'd be close.

EDIT: Actually just re-read, this isn't 1 year, it's over a 5 year span I think.
    yup. '92-'93 through '95-'96 - pretty much as long as kj and chuck were teammates.
    if kj is hitting peak form during their collapse against houston, i don't think hakeem would be as revered as he is today. i'll leave it at that.

College superstar

i think another big thing about phx people forget, is that they dealt ceballos to la and got manning in return. manning would've been huge for them and a MUCH better fit, but he tore his acl just before the playoffs in 1995 (2 or 3 months before iirc). luckily phx was able to use the 1st round pick they got in that trade (drafting michael finley) but it was already a wrap.