Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Terry Stotts Fired!!!

And just for the record - I wish Stotts all the best. He seems like an extremely nice and likeable guy, and I'm told he actually knows his x's and o's. He just isn't head coach material. Maybe he'll develop into a good coach some day, or maybe he'll be a great assistant coach long-term.

I'm excited about the rest of the season now though. Maybe I'll get to see what the Bucks look like with two guards, two forwards, and a center!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I'll provide a rumor for you guys:

A couple days ago, there was a post at the realgm board by a fan of the Utah college team. He said that Bucks assistant coach Larry K. was offered the college head coaching job, and told the Bucks that he would accept it tomorrow if he wasn't made the head coach by then. Bucks would only have to commit to Larry for the rest of the year, but he wanted NBA head coaching on his resume or else he was splitting for college head coaching.

It's possible that this rumor is true and influenced the timing of this move.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #33
adamcz
Bucks fan

On second thought, it's more likely that the timing on this is based on early response to the season ticket renewals. Lots of fans weren't interested in renewing their tickets, and Kohl/Harris had to send the message that next year won't be just the status quo.

Hopefully we'll have a real coach next year like Rick Adelman, and not another nobody.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #34
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I can see Rick Adelman coming in.

YES!

The Bucks would be badass with him running the show.

(so long as everyone doesnt get hurt again.)
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #35
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Bucks head coach job open?

Guess which soon to be "free agent" at one time was a respected Bucks assistant coach:

Ahhh the Twolves and Bucks. The Smitch is going to have some fine options.

Good luck T-Wolves! Har har...
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #36
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Right time
Right action

It's Miller time .....

He should land a job as an assistant ,, that's his place.

My prediction before the season , some where in a thread had the Bucks at 6
How Orlandah' and Indy has fallen ...
Even with the injuries the Bucks should of been above .500

another screwed season ....
Ironically one good thing IMO occurred Patterson may come back as a Buck !
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #37
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

c_az_a has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
So Bogut almost kills Bosh (just kidding, but the way some Raps fans are talking about it) and flips off his own fans, and his coach gets fired?! Damn! :)

We should applaud Bogut for being the most valuable player in getting rid of Strotts.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #38
KJ7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KJ7 has an OK reputation so far

OK, seriously, who is the best person to coach the bucks. Rick Majerus lives on the north shore of milwaukee with his mom. Bogut and Majerus would have that Utah connection, but I don't remember if Andrew played for Rick when he was at Utah??? My personal choice would be Washington State coach Tony Bennet. His dad was the greatest teacher of the game and Tony was the #1 student of the game. He is a legend in Wisconsin and might be named college coach of the year this year. He might not be ready for prime time(NBA) yet, but he will go down as one of the great coaches of all time some day. Hear me now, beleive me later. The bucks should go after him now and lock him up.
KJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #39
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ7
OK, seriously, who is the best person to coach the bucks. Rick Majerus lives on the north shore of milwaukee with his mom. Bogut and Majerus would have that Utah connection, but I don't remember if Andrew played for Rick when he was at Utah??? My personal choice would be Washington State coach Tony Bennet. His dad was the greatest teacher of the game and Tony was the #1 student of the game. He is a legend in Wisconsin and might be named college coach of the year this year. He might not be ready for prime time(NBA) yet, but he will go down as one of the great coaches of all time some day. Hear me now, beleive me later. The bucks should go after him now and lock him up.

Majerus and Bogut had a horrible relationship.

Tony Bennet is supposedly in line to be the successor of Bo Ryan when he retires. Wisconsin is Bennett's "dream job" apparently, because of his father and stuff.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #40
adamcz
Bucks fan

Apparently it's official that Larry K has been named not just interem coach, but head coach. Rumor is that he'll get a multi-year deal. I'm not impressed. His only resume is two nice years at the college level.

From Terry Porter to Terry Stotts to Larry K (soon I'm going to have to learn to spell his name) - what's the point?? Why keep switching coaches when you're just going to hire a no name with no experience?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #41
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Terry Stotts can now go back to his job of doing the weather on Fox and Friends
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 AM   #42
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ7
OK, seriously, who is the best person to coach the bucks. Rick Majerus lives on the north shore of milwaukee with his mom. Bogut and Majerus would have that Utah connection, but I don't remember if Andrew played for Rick when he was at Utah???

Bogut quote: "Saying I have an eye condition is like saying Rick Majerus isn't fat"
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: