Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Once we had a message board for basketball discussion

It was nice.

Default Re: Once we had a message board for basketball discussion

Jeff refuses to ban trolls.

Because of this almost everyone ends up trolling to some degree.

All y'all who complain about this forum are so weird.

It's been like this for years. Trolls have been around for ages. It's been about LeBron/Kobe/Dad Killer since forever. You know this, and yet each and every day you choose to come back to this place. Why? What's stopping you from hitting that log out button?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    All y'all who complain about this forum are so weird.

It's been like this for years. Trolls have been around for ages. It's been about LeBron/Kobe/Dad Killer since forever. You know this, and yet each and every day you choose to come back to this place. Why? What's stopping you from hitting that log out button?
    It’s always had a lot of trolling but we used to have legitimate discussions too. And there used to be way more posters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    This.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    It was nice.
    It may have gotten slightly worse but you're pretty ****ing biased because you're a Kobe fanboy. This place was just as big of a shit show 10 years ago as it is now.

Kobe fans were trolling on this board since its inception damn near 20 years ago. But since you approved of it then, you didn't notice. You consistently pretend as if you've matured, but you haven't.

This place has largely been a shit show since its inception.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    This.
    I'm actually starting to believe that this isn't a bunch of trolls trying to mind**** each other, and this one person is responsible for completely hijacking this message board, driving most of the good posters away in the process. I literally have no clue what is going on sometimes when I log in here. Who is who, what is what. If it is just one guy solely responsible, that is really, really creepy. And people have been feeding him too long.

The problem is that the idiot trolls (on both sides) will always find a way to bring LeBron or Kobe into EVERY SINGLE THREAD even if it has nothing to do with either of those players

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    I'm actually starting to believe that this isn't a bunch of trolls trying to mind**** each other, and this one person is responsible for completely hijacking this message board, driving most of the good posters away in the process. I literally have no clue what is going on sometimes when I log in here. Who is who, what is what. If it is just one guy solely responsible, that is really, really creepy. And people have been feeding him too long.
    It might be happening here. Not sure. But I have seen on another board back in the day someone that had multiple accounts that would argue with themselves. Play both sides.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    It may have gotten slightly worse but you're pretty ****ing biased because you're a Kobe fanboy. This place was just as big of a shit show 10 years ago as it is now.

Kobe fans were trolling on this board since its inception damn near 20 years ago. But since you approved of it then, you didn't notice. You consistently pretend as if you've matured, but you haven't.

This place has largely been a shit show since its inception.

too many player trolls and too many topics for the same f'n discussions. all this tunnel vision trolling does is make everyone troll, you end up arguing against players you actually like to combat retards on the board. But as someone else said it's always been a shitshow just fill the blank with new names every few years playerwise and poster wise. 2 years from now will be the same shit with different names.

We still have it, right here. The only issue is LeBron/Kobe stuff. Almost all discussions not involving LeBron/Kobe are okay, good, or better than good.

The key is when serious bball fans start a topic, other people have to respect the topic and not stick nonsense in it.

We should start temp-banning people who do that, who dive into a good topic and stick nonsense into it.

What I also could do is start reading EVERY SINGLE topic that people post, to gage how seriosu the topic is.

Light-hearted stuff, including light-hearted topics, are cool, of course. BBall is fun etc. But if serious fans are discussing something in intelligent fashion and then some moron dives in, and it isn't just one dumb response but a series of them, then that moron needs to be sent away for a while.

Jeff this board was almost ruined because of the poster cited above with 10 accounts constantly flooding it with LeBron nonsense.

It was a desolate wasteland.

Until I went ham in that HGH thread tempering his enthusiasm...notice how traffic is up since then?

Yet you continue to let him do or it or refuse to appoint more mods, hurting your own business.