Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Gates net worth now at $90B

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Seriously just 10 million. If I was one of his kids and he left me ten mill, I'd kill him. I would really kill him. You worth 90 Bill and can't give your seed some dough.
    Yeah, the funny thing is Gates is inherently(no pun intended) being greedy because this move is all for himself. To make himself look good. This whole "I'm above it all" thing he is doing is fueled by his ego. So essentially he is gyping his kids out of money to make himself look and feel better or superior to others.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Yeah, the funny thing is Gates is inherently(no pun intended) being greedy because this move is all for himself. To make himself look good. This whole "I'm above it all" thing he is doing is fueled by his ego. So essentially he is gyping his kids out of money to make himself look and feel better or superior to others.

Many people dont realize Gates endured criticism early in his tenure as Richest Man On Earth because he hardly did anything for charity. It was only once he realized the public had expectations for the RMOE that he began doing it...

It seems to me like he doesnt really have a vision or purpose for what he wants all this money to do, but rather is just doing whaever hes supposed to to meet the expectations of being the big philantropist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Many people dont realize Gates endured criticism early in his tenure as Richest Man On Earth because he hardly did anything for charity. It was only once he realized the public had expectations for the RMOE that he began doing it...

It seems to me like he doesnt really have a vision or purpose for what he wants all this money to do, but rather is just doing whaever hes supposed to to meet the expectations of being the big philantropist.
    Yes, it's pretty obvious that he is a phony

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    He's sitting on $90B...

That's a lot of MY taxes I don't have to pay if he donated it all. He can get by on a billion, yes? So donate the other $89B and so I don't have to keep paying for people to exist.
    Wow! You're a massive idiot.

This is coming from someone who usually agrees with your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    He plans on leaving each of his 3 children just $10m each. The rest will be given to charity.
    **** that. If I worked my ass off to make tens of billions of dollars, I'd leave my kids at least a third of it. Why would you want your kids to "struggle" as well? I mean, they were born into billions and now they're left with "only" $10M. That's just idiotic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    That's a lot of MY taxes I don't have to pay if he donated it all. He can get by on a billion, yes? So donate the other $89B and so I don't have to keep paying for people to exist.
    How are you saving money if he's donating to charities?

A guy who associates with the elites and states the need to reduce the population ideally to around 5 billion people with this much money is a major concern.

Fck that guy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yall know there's a difference between networth and liquid assets right?

Bill gates is worth 90b but he may only have 10-20bill in the bank, For example, microsoft is worth about 70 billion that contributes alot to his high net worth, I aint saying i support dude or anything im just telling it like it is.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

There is no way he even has $1B in the bank doing nothing. No reason to have that much freed up, unless you're buying a stealth bomber or something.

In theory, if he liquidated everything he owns, M-Soft stock and all, he would have $90B in cash,

An Icon Forever

"Gives it to charity"

What does this mean?

Does anyone even care?

If I give a homeless person 10 bucks, they keep living on the street instead of being forced to seek shelter at a resource center that can better help them for the long term. Did I give to charity?

Curing polio and malaria in dirt poor countries where resources are already spread thin. More babies survive, but the resources are still scarce. This increases poverty.

Is that charity?

The problem is, we as a society are so quick to fall for anything that sounds nice on the surface. We don't truly examine cause and effect, and what the true meaning of "good" or "right" actually is. It's just whatever triggers an immediate emotional synapse, regardless of how shallow the actual concept.

This is why Plato said society is ****ed until the day we are ruled by "Philosopher Kings." Because the purpose of philosophy is inquiry into the truth. And if we aren't doing that, how can we even know if WHAT we're doing makes any sense? We operate like chickens with our heads cut off. No consideration of long term consequences.

Of course, power hungry monarchs cannot be "Philosopher kings." So what I believe he means is that we must ALL become philosophers. Rule by philosopher kings means a democracy of people who've reached the apex level of philosophy. THEN we can achieve the things that are truly best to achieve.

Thank you for your time.

Didn't read a single word

I wonder how much of his money actually makes it to where it is needed in regards to all the charities he gives to.

You'd think if he does end up giving away $80b dollars that it would entirely fund some charities for the next 10 years by himself.

He should give 100% of it to his children.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/23/tech...hp-toplead-dom

He plans on leaving each of his 3 children just $10m each. The rest will be given to charity.

He has also talked other billionaires, like Buffet, into doing the same.

Gates probably deserves a lot more praise than he gets...
    Bill's a friend , and he said once , one bill is just like the rest.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

As a parent, that's f*cked up. $10m is a lot, and most of us will never reach it but if my dad was worth $90b, it's insane that i would only inherit that much. Holy sh*t I would be pissed