Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Reggie Jackson and James Harden's averages since leaving OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I used to think OKC would be fools if they kept Ibaka over Harden.. and they were, but I'm still glad it happened. While no doubt Harden would visibly evolve and go all-star level, not sure if he'd be as recognized and good as he is now. Never know that for sure.
    Fools? Just no...the 13 Thunder were clearly better than the 12 Thunder when healthy.

The problem with having WB and Harden and Durant is that is no way can they play at optimal levels. Even worse, if the ball isn't in WB's hands...he's essentially useless...and with Harden and Durant...that would happen too often.

The problem with this team post 2013 (when they were probably the best team if healthy) is that they continue to suck at the sg position. They either have guys that can't shoot and can defend...or can't defend and can shoot.

Throwing Waiters into the mix just adds to these problems in my opinion.

They should have traded for Afflalo back in 14 when they had the chance...or at least drafted a guy like Rodney Hood like they should have. Or making a better trade for a guy like Shumpert...who makes a ton more sense on this Thunder team than Waiters.

Presti has done some really good things and some really bad things...but more bad things with this team since 13. If Donovan doesn't work out (and I'm worried about him) then this could turn into a nightmare with Durant leaving.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-09-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Thunder were absurdly stacked in 2012/2013. They were green tho and their coaching was WOAT level.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Fools? Just no...the 13 Thunder were clearly better than the 12 Thunder when healthy.

The problem with having WB and Harden and Durant is that is no way can they play at optimal levels
    . Even worse, if the ball isn't in WB's hands...he's essentially useless...and with Harden and Durant...that would happen too often.

The problem with this team post 2013 (when they were probably the best team if healthy) is that they continue to suck at the sg position. They either have guys that can't shoot and can defend...or can't defend and can shoot.

Throwing Waiters into the mix just adds to these problems in my opinion.

They should have traded for Afflalo back in 14 when they had the chance...or at least drafted a guy like Rodney Hood like they should have.

Presti has done some really good things and some really bad things...but more bad things with this team since 13. If Donovan doesn't work out (and I'm worried about him) then this could turn into a nightmare with Durant leaving.
    The dream team couldn't play at an optimum level either. Eventually talent overcomes efficiency. Those Thunder teams fit well enough to win. But you need to have leadership and run a system that utilizes that talent.
    Last edited by FKAri; 11-09-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Thunder were absurdly stacked in 2012/2013. They were green tho and their coaching was WOAT level.

The dream team couldn't play at an optimum level either. Eventually talent overcomes efficiency. Those Thunder teams fit well enough to win. But you need to have leadership and run a system that utilizes that talent.
    The problem is that the dream team had versatile players...those three really aren't next to each other.

Which one of them is content with being more the defensive stopper year in year out?

Which one of them is content with taking only around 12 shots a game on average?

Which one is content with playing a little less minutes and spotting up more?

The truth is that Harden knew he was going to be that 3rd guy for a long time and he didn't want to...and we also already saw chemistry issues concerning Russ and Harden in 11 and 12.

So yea...if it was Durant, Harden, and Jerry West it makes a lot more sense because West could impact the game so much without the ball and would be an elite defender.

But you take WB off the ball a lot and it just takes a lot away from his game...and he's nowhere near the kind of defender (neither is Harden) for all 3 of them to be on the court at the same time a lot and have an elite defense.

Decent college freshman

Harden is too good to be the 3rd guy even it its to Durant and Westbrook.

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

That trio swept the defending Champion Mavs, obliterated the Lakers, backdoor swept that insane Spurs team that were on a 20 game streak and were a bad call away from going 2 up against Miami. That's unheard of for a core that was only 22/23. Their window is closed now with the emergence of the Warriors.

Jeremy Lamb is even having a decent year.

HC - Scott Brooks
    AC - Derek Fisher

Reggie Jackson
    James Harden
    Thabo Sefolosha / Jeremy Lamb
    Jeff Green
    Kendrick Perkins

could probably get a top seed in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue89
    That trio swept the defending Champion Mavs, obliterated the Lakers, backdoor swept that insane Spurs team that were on a 20 game streak and were a bad call away from going 2 up against Miami. That's unheard of for a core that was only 22/23. Their window is closed now with the emergence of the Warriors.
    Yep...and they were even better in 13.

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Yep...and they were even better in 13.
    Regular season

I don't understand the relevance of this post to your OP. At all...
    I think he's saying that 'it's two superstars, Ibaka and a bunch of mediocre players' isn't a valid excuse for OKC.