Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistons are 5-1

Default Re: Pistons are 5-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    err. you realize dwight has like... the most 20/20 games since like 1986 right?
    He has 44. More than Shaq, Barkley, Hakeem, etc.

You also realize Drummond has pushed 30 rebounds twice already? Dwight was also undisciplined at times despite his 20/20 games. Him relying on his freakish athleticism also resulted in him having chronic back problems at 27. Drummond looks much more disciplined than Howard did. His personality is also different than Dwight's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    SVG!

How is the Magic going Jam tin?

Dem Bulls yo. We da best

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    You also realize Drummond has pushed 30 rebounds twice already? Dwight was also undisciplined at times despite his 20/20 games. Him relying on his freakish athleticism also resulted in him having chronic back problems at 27. Drummond looks much more disciplined than Howard did. His personality is also different than Dwight's.
    drummond was also half the defender though. i dont really know what you mean when you say undisciplined that really doesnt make sense
    we're six games into the season. andre still has a ways to go

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I told y'all the Pistons were gonna do damage.

Moving Monroe's garbage ass did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Captvic
    I told y'all the Pistons were gonna do damage.

Moving Monroe's garbage ass did the trick.
    Monroe leaving is a big factor in Drummond feasting but calling him garbage is complete nonsense. Monroe is a center who they forced into playing PF. You force a traditional back to the basket, low post center to play alongside another center with zero range on offense, and then on defense you force him to chase around PFs in a league with athletic, mobile stretch 4s? No shit that's going to destroy spacing and hurt their defense.

Monroe is averaging 18/9 on 53% FG, has been a net positive and is the 2nd best player on a playoff team. Dude has been one of the biggest bright spots of our team so far and has carried the team on several occasions.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    https://vine.co/v/elKLBJxJm5K

holy shit

baby shaq
    First time I ever saw him pull this move off. My company line for as long as Drummond's been in the league has been "Maybe he's just meant to be a DeAndre Jordan type of player" (which would still be great). His post awareness and presence just looked so awful.

But man, very, very impressed with his jump hook tonight. And this evening has been a culmination of a couple of nights where he's shown way more promise than I ever imagined his would with his back to the hoop.

As for Monroe, I could always recognize his skills and his effective statistics while he was in Detroit but there was something about his play style that seemed to have a questionable effect on the Pistons as a basketball team for a lot his time here. Particularly as the team became more uptempo, coming to realization that their most reliable scorer was a guy who was going to average around 16 a night by catching in the post and plodding slowly into an up-and-under sometimes seemed strangely limiting. I was always curious how he'd do in another environment, so I'm glad to see him fitting in and doing well.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-09-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Decent college freshman

They should get some players to strengthen their bench, they dont have a bench at all. This will haunt them rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Gospellllllllll.

Cleveland
    Atlanta
    Chicago
    Toronto
    Miami
    Detroit
    Washington
    Indiana

SHIT
    literally

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    +1

I did not see this coming. Don't underestimate SVG I guess.
    Moral of the story, basically. SVG is one of the most transformative and frankly underrated coaches ever. His system breeds wins as we saw last year when they dumped Smith, and as we're seeing now.

Damn, I went to sleep because the game was on late, and Pistons were trailing big at the half...

Should've stayed awake to see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I love SVG. I owe Detroit an apology though, I thought they'd still suck this season but I was wrong.

Still 6 games in. They could still lose all their momentum

NBA Superstar

Drummond remains relatively undisciplined himself. He's a huge dude with an incredible reach that allows him to act like a jumping giant, swatting and tipping balls into the hoop.

I said before, but last night was the first time I've ever seen him play as well as he did with his back to the basket. It could have just been a hot night. However, he's shown signs of some development in that regard of late.

Still, he's prone to the young big man stuff.

Prime Dwight relied too much on athleticism. They're not the same player. Drummond is more grounded. You can't even call this a fluke because he had a monster game against Favors/Gobert as well.

This. Drummond doesn't use his superior atheticism to get rebounds (in which he does have superior athleticism over most Centers).

He just takes up space. This dude carves out an elephant sized plot of land around him and if that ball falls in the zone, he has it. He's not flying sky high. He's already there. He's not moving over laterally 5 or 6 feet. He just bumps someone with his hip and the ball is his.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Drummond remains relatively undisciplined himself. He's a huge dude with an incredible reach that allows him to act like a jumping giant, swatting and tipping balls into the hoop.

I said before, but last night was the first time I've ever seen him play as well as he did with his back to the basket. It could have just been a hot night. However, he's shown signs of some development in that regard of late.

Still, he's prone to the young big man stuff.
    Howard is still prone to the young big man stuff. I'd say he's just prone to NBA Big man stuff.

His fouls per game has fallen drastically from 2 years ago. He doesn't go up and start swatting at everything like he used to. His rebounds are small, controlled tips. He's not leaping into the air over people. For the most part, he's doing light tips in a space he carved out.

Using swatting and tipping undermines Drummond's strategy. A lot of times, he will double tip on purpose to get the ball in a zone he is more comfortable to tip from. He's done interviews expressing that.

League needs more skilled bigs like this

Sick of 6'10"-7'0" guys who can shoot from 18' out but can't play with their backs to the basket and fight for rebounds.