Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you all honestly prefer the NBA over NCAAB?

NBA is less boring.

rather watch the best of the best or some kids my age and younger?

Well, I have no affiliation with any college teams. My school's team isn't even D1, so why watch?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife

Let's see how Jimmer scores 28 PPG in the no defense NBA.

GTFO
    Adam Morrison and JJ Reddick averaged around 30 points in college. That production carried over well . Also, NBA players going at 70% >>>>> College players going at 110%

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Not really. I generally wait until the season is over, then read up on articles by good writers about the good prospects.

But to be fair, I'm a Laker fan so generally college kids don't interest me. I like my free agents already battle-tested.
    Understandable. A productive draft pick by the Lakers is generally just a bonus. Hell, you guys usually don't even have a first round pick.

It's amateur sports.... and I don't really care how much "passion" they play with. Don't get me wrong, I watch College ball, and love March Madness... but NCAA better than NBA?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Exactly.

People saying otherwise..........typical NBA only fans. Not even true sports fans at all.
    Will you shut the f*ck up already? I thought you were "done" posting here.

There are so few "NBA only fans." In fact, most people at least fill out brackets and watch the NCAA tournament. If they don't do that, most people at least follow one other sport, because there's always that downtime between seasons.

Some people in this thread are delusional. Defense in college basketball is superior to the NBA? As someone pointed out, how the hell did Adam Morrison drop 30 a game?

Just because it looks easier for them doesn't mean they aren't much, much, much better defenders.

The worst NBA team would beat the best college team. Most people here wouldn't watch the two worst NBA teams go at it, so why would I watch even worse talent?

and LOL at people saying that college kids play for the love of the game. The very worst do maybe because they don't have a shot at the NBA (but who cares about the very worst college bball players.. effort doesn't make up for the fact that their play is an eyesore for viewers) but any college player who is good at all is out there because he wants to get paid in the NBA. They are worse than contract year hoes in the NBA.

Banned

NCAAB and the NBA are both exciting to me for different reasons.

Pros of NCAAB: Competitiveness, school rivalry, betting on games and playoff brackets.
    Cons of NCAAB: Shot clock is too long, not as much physicality as the NBA, and not as many great plays (alley oops, fast-break dunks/assists, etc.)

Pros of NBA: Team history, exciting playoffs/finals, physicality.
    Cons of NBA: Players not always loyal to teams, motivated by money, the flopping that can occur, and sometimes referee influence.

So I prefer both, and will continue watching both.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

I honestly hate the NCAAB defensive and 5 second rules. When I watch college it seems like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around.

I actually enjoy seeing the most skilled and athletic players in the world iso someone up and destroy them, whether it's stuff like Shaq/Barkley in the post, MJ/Kobe footwork/fadeaways, Wade/Rose/Lebron driving on a whole defense, etc.

NCAA is more if you enjoy fundamentals and team basketball, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a preference.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

College players play their hardest to get into the NBA.

NBA players play just enough to get into the best basketball played in the world.

That's why I watch the Nba

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

I have no interest in NCAA or March Madness. Don't care about brackets or anything of that sort. I'm only interested in the NBA, and when the NBA is finished for the season i watch the NFL. College Ball is extremely boring to me. Whenever NBA season comes up, i purchase league pass and watch as many games from as many teams to get my NBA fix.

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    I honestly hate the NCAAB defensive and 5 second rules. When I watch college it seems like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around.

I actually enjoy seeing the most skilled and athletic players in the world iso someone up and destroy them, whether it's stuff like Shaq/Barkley in the post, MJ/Kobe footwork/fadeaways, Wade/Rose/Lebron driving on a whole defense, etc.

NCAA is more if you enjoy fundamentals and team basketball, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a preference.

The biggest problem with College ball is the 35 second clock. It causes inferior teams to play the possession game, and just sit on the ball for 30 seconds every possession.

I could live with a 30 sec shot clock... but 35 seconds? really?

The only thing I like about NCAA more than the NBA is the gameday atmosphere.

Other than that, NBA all day.

I'll watch march madness and the end of close NCAA games, but that's about it. Can't get into a full game unless it's my alma mater, and I'm there at the arena.

I don't care about the NCAA because I don't feel any affinity to the teams there. Simple as that, though I'd guess it would be different if you were actually rooting for a school there.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    NCAAB and the NBA are both exciting to me for different reasons.

Pros of NCAAB: Competitiveness, school rivalry, betting on games and playoff brackets.
    Cons of NCAAB: Shot clock is too long, not as much physicality as the NBA, and not as many great plays (alley oops, fast-break dunks/assists, etc.)

Pros of NBA: Team history, exciting playoffs/finals, physicality.
    Cons of NBA: Players not always loyal to teams, motivated by money, the flopping that can occur, and sometimes referee influence.

So I prefer both, and will continue watching both.