Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Cavs beat the Warriors....

and Lebron wins FMVP and puts up respectable numbers, he is top 3 all time.

we are all witnesses.

Default Re: If Cavs beat the Warriors....

And if he embarrasses himself again and gets outplayed by Steph Curry he cements himself outside the top 10?

Why do people try to bump up somebody so far based on 1 year?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    and Lebron wins FMVP and puts up respectable numbers, he is top 3 all time.

we are all witnesses.
    Depends on how he plays and how healthy his team is...especially Kyrie.

I know I'll get hate here, but this Cavs team with a healthy Kyrie should not be thought of as crazy underdogs.

Underdogs? For sure, but the reason why everyone was laughing at the East was because the Cavs were beating the Bulls and Hawks without Kyrie and with Lebron in the midst of his worst shooting slump of his prime.

To go 8-2 in your last 10 games in the 2nd round and conference finals given those circumstances speaks to 4 things in my opinion: (in order)

1. The greatness of Lebron
    2. The shitty East
    3. The under-rated supporting cast in Cleveland
    4. Blatt is a damn good coach

But with a healthy Kyrie...why would this series not be close to a coin flip?

Lebron
    Kyrie
    Thompson
    Shump
    Smith
    Mozgov
    Delly
    James Jones

vs

Curry
    Klay
    Green
    Barnes
    Iggy
    Bogut
    Livingston
    Barbosa
    Ezeli

I mean...there is no doubt the Warriors have more depth and more talent, but it's not so lopsided that they don't have a prayer.

Also, these 8 days off are huge. They are going to get rest to heal up...

And the biggest factor to me at least...is that these games are not all every other day.

Lebron can go like 44 minutes a game probably.

It goes:

Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Friday

8 days off and then that? That really negates some of that depth advantage the Warriors have.

Now, if Kyrie isn't healthy...I don't think the Cavs have a shot and I'd be shocked.

Still don't see the Cavs winning and I imagine it will take greatness from Lebron to do it, but if Lebron is as great as some of you say on here...why can't he have a 33/8/8 62% TS series?

He does that and I bet they win.

And if he does that and they win...yea, I'll move him up on my rankings from fringe top 10 to somewhere locked in closer to that Shaq/Bird range for me.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-28-2015 at 11:29 AM.

NBA Superstar

Assuming he dominates in the win I'll move him from 10b to 8 or 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    And if he embarrasses himself again and gets outplayed by Steph Curry he cements himself outside the top 10?
    We were all witnesses

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

I know I'll get hate here, but this Cavs team with a healthy Kyrie should not be thought of as crazy underdogs.

Underdogs? For sure, but the reason why everyone was laughing at the East was because the Cavs were beating the Bulls and Hawks without Kyrie and with Lebron in the midst of his worst shooting slump of his prime.

To go 8-2 in your last 10 games in the 2nd round and conference finals given those circumstances speaks to 4 things in my opinion: (in order)

2. The shitty East

Lebron
    Kyrie
    Thompson
    Shump
    Smith
    Mozgov
    Delly
    James Jones

vs

Curry
    Klay
    Green
    Barnes
    Iggy
    Bogut
    Livingston
    Barbosa
    Ezeli

I mean...there is no doubt the Warriors have more depth and more talent, but it's not so lopsided that they don't have a prayer.

And the biggest factor to me at least...is that these games are not all every other day.

It goes:

Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Friday

8 days off and then that? That really negates some of that depth advantage the Warriors have.

Now, if Kyrie isn't healthy...I don't think the Cavs have a shot and I'd be shocked.

Still don't see the Cavs winning and I imagine it will take greatness from Lebron to do it, but if Lebron is as great as some of you say on here...why can't he have a 33/8/8 62% TS series?

And if he does that and they win...yea, I'll move him up on my rankings from fringe top 10 to somewhere locked in closer to that Shaq/Bird range for me.
    A big reason why the Cavs are dominant is Lebron. The Cavs are solid from top to bottom and when you factor experience there's no reason that the Cavs shouldn't be favourites.

Banned

Top 7 or 8 if he wins (probably 8th), sticking at 10th if he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    A big reason why the Cavs are dominant is Lebron. The Cavs are solid from top to bottom and when you factor experience there's no reason that the Cavs shouldn't be favourites.
    Of course Lebron is a big reason. It's more than that. He's easily the biggest reason. No other player in the league, imo, would have a chance with this roster in beating the Warriors.

Don't think they should be favorites though.

The Warriors are better and deeper...and have the best home court in the league.

I think I'd give the Cavs roughly a 40% chance to win it...up from the 33% or so Vegas had them at last time I checked.

But that is all based on Kyrie and his health. If he's not right, I'd be shocked if the Cavs took it past 5 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

2. The shitty East

Lebron
    Kyrie
    Thompson
    Shump
    Smith
    Mozgov
    Delly
    James Jones

vs

Curry
    Klay
    Green
    Barnes
    Iggy
    Bogut
    Livingston
    Barbosa
    Ezeli

It goes:

Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Thursday
    Sunday
    Tuesday
    Friday

Isn't the West so much better though? Warriors as best team in the West should destroy a puny Eastern team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Isn't the West so much better though? Warriors as best team in the West should destroy a puny Eastern team.
    Can't tell if you are trolling or not.

A conference as a whole being much better does not mean there isn't 1 or 2 teams in the other conference that are really good.

Sadly, you probably aren't trolling as I've seen this idiotic line of thinking before.

Lets try this.

Replace the current Cavs with the 86 Celtics....probably the best team I ever saw in my life watching the NBA.

Guess what? The East would still be a joke and it would still be terrible overall...it would just happen to have arguably the greatest team ever...and that 86 Celtics team would destroy these current Warriors and all it would mean is that the Celtics are unreal good...but would do nothing to make any of the other shitty scrub teams in the East good.

Many also are acting like the Cavs were healthy and Lebron wasn't as broke as he's ever been from range.

It was watching the Cavs run through the East with ease while losing their 2nd and 3rd best players and their best player not being able to make a shot from 10 feet or beyond.

If you read my post...I said if Kyrie is healthy...and because there is so much off time now and between the games...I don't think the Warriors depth will be nearly as important as it would be in the conference finals for example where it's every other day.

But...I'm sure you clowns will continue on the narrative that somehow having 1 good team in a conference makes it better overall.

If he wins - 8-10 range
    If he loses - 12-14 range
    If he completely loses his shit (07/11/14) - 15-17 range

Banned

Lithuania is the Kwame Brown of countries.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Definitely top 5, especially if Kyrie is hobbled and misses games throughout the series.

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Lithuania is the Kwame Brown of countries.