Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is last year's Spurs better than this Warriors team?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Best defense and best offense in the league. Spurs never did that.
    Umm neither did GS. Clips had the best offense. Spurs offense was better than either anyways

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

It all depends on what this Warriors team does in the next few seasons.

If they string 2 together or make a few visits in the next 5 years, this will be seen as a very strong team. If they fall off the face of the earth, this will be a small market team anomaly season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Warriors '15

PTS/G: 110.0 (1st of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 99.9 (15th of 30)
    SRS: 10.01 (1st of 30) ▪ Pace: 98.3 (1st of 30)
    Off Rtg: 111.6 (2nd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 101.4 (1st of 30)
    W-L: 67-15 (1st of 30)

Spurs '14

PTS/G: 105.4 (6th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 97.6 (6th of 30)
    SRS: 8.00 (1st of 30) ▪ Pace: 95.0 (10th of 30)
    Off Rtg: 110.5 (7th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 102.4 (3rd of 30)
    W-L: 62-20 (1st of 30)

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Yes

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Last years Spurs needed seven games to beat the Mavs in the FIRST ROUND. Let's not act like they had such an easy time of it getting through the west. They were practically almost eliminated in the first round. Get off their nuts, ish.
    Not to mention they beat an injured OKC team without Ibaka the first 2 games. OKC actually did quite well vs the Spurs once Ibaka came back and he wasn't even 100%. It's funny how people down talked the Warriors for playing injured teams when San Antonio went up against an injured team in the WCF.

I think it's better to make this thread once the season is over, Golden State hasn't won a title yet so there are still non believers out there, if they win the title in dominant fashion I bet you many posters will pick Golden State. I made a thread a couple of months back comparing the '02 Kings to Golden State, almost EVERYONE picked the '02 Kings. If I make that thread right now you will see many people picking Golden State.

People are always negative towards a team when they haven't won anything yet if you are comparing them to a past championship team, that's just how it is. Lets just wait and see how the Warriors do against the Cavs then we will talk.

I'll just say this, being 67-15 and having pretty much the #1 offense & #1 defense also winning a title means you are an all-time great team.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Not to mention they beat an injured OKC team without Ibaka the first 2 games. OKC actually did quite well vs the Spurs once Ibaka came back and he wasn't even 100%. It's funny how people down talked the Warriors for playing injured teams when San Antonio went up against an injured team in the WCF.

I think it's better to make this thread once the season is over, Golden State hasn't won a title yet so there are still non believers out there, if they win the title in dominant fashion I bet you many posters will pick Golden State. I made a thread a couple of months back comparing the '02 Kings to Golden State, almost EVERYONE picked the '02 Kings. If I make that thread right now you will see many people picking Golden State.

People are always negative towards a team when they haven't won anything yet if you are comparing them to a past championship team, that's just how it is. Lets just wait and see how the Warriors do against the Cavs then we will talk.

I'll just say this, being 67-15 and having pretty much the #1 offense & #1 defense also winning a title means you are an all-time great team.
    #2 offense

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    LeBron had to have a monstrous game in the 2nd game and they still only won by 2 points i think.
    it was all blown out games when Spurs won

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Yes. No one has gotten to that level they were at in the Finals last year. I don't think either team can.

This Warriors team turns the ball over too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    #2 offense
    Clippers: 109.8 offensive efficiency
    Warriors: 109.7 offensive efficiency

They are basically the same. Warriors also had the best defense in the league by good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    This Warriors team turns the ball over too much.
    They turn the ball over alot because of the pace they play in, although they had some careless turnovers this postseason it can easily be corrected.

Warriors were actually #15 in the NBA in turnover ratio which is pretty average.

Clippers: 109.8 offensive efficiency
    Warriors: 109.7 offensive efficiency

They are basically the same. Warriors also had the best defense in the league by good margin.
    Clips-112.4 ORTG
    Warriors-111.6 ORTG

not arguing about defense, GS is clearly the best. Ron Adams, Bogut, Draymond, Iggy, Klay, Livingston, Ezeli. Insane talent and great system that makes avg defenders even look good

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

They turn the ball over alot because of the pace they play in, although they had some careless turnovers this postseason it can easily be corrected.

Warriors were actually #15 in the NBA in turnover ratio which is pretty average.
    Every game I've watched they've had a handful of silly turnovers.

It COULD be easily corrected but it hasn't been.

Simply I haven't seen this team get to a point that the Spurs team did and stay there like they did.

I think we all agree that a Spurs/Warriors series from this season would have been the best matchup for the Warriors. That's pretty telling since this Spurs team is nowhere near how good they were last playoffs.

Spurs peaked at the right time.
    But if we look at the whole picture, as of right now, Warriors have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Simply I haven't seen this team get to a point that the Spurs team did and stay there like they did.
    They dominated the Finals, but they got taken to 7 games in the first round and they were 2-2 against OKC with Ibaka in the lineup. Spurs didn't really dominate on their way to the Finals, lets see how Golden State does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Clips-112.4 ORTG
    Warriors-111.6 ORTG

not arguing about defense, GS is clearly the best. Ron Adams, Bogut, Draymond, Iggy, Klay, Livingston, Ezeli. Insane talent and great system that makes avg defenders even look good
    What's the difference really? Being the #2 offense, #1 defense, and winning 67 games is historic stuff that you rarely see in the NBA. I think Jordan's Bulls are the only team to accomplish this. You can throw the '86 Celtics in there with their #1 defense and #3 offense.