Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #6721
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Suguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Then raprap's is top 2.

And ITare's is top 3 as well.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #6722
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently Bran and Hodor won't be in Season 5.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...ng-in-season-5
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #6723
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #6724
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:

worst storyline the books and on the show.
though it obviously is extremely important, somehow
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #6725
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Suguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation hereSuguru101 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
worst storyline the books and on the show.
though it obviously is extremely important, somehow

The worst storyline both on the show and in the books is Theon/Reek.

Bran's story in the books is actually good, but on the show it sucks. The actor and how they do the fantastical stuff on the show leaves much to be desired.

Last edited by Suguru101 : 09-03-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #6726
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

at the rate he's growing by the time he gets back he's gonna look like

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #6727
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
The wordy storyline both on the show and in the books is Theon/Reek.

Bran's story in the books is actually good, but on the show it sucks. The actor and how they do the fantastical stuff on the show leaves much to be desired.
Reek story line is awesome. It has tension, drama, suspense. It makes you feel uncomfortable, it makes you feel sad.

Bran's story line leaves almost zero impression for me. It was a chore to get through his chapters for me. So much of it was "OMG being a wolf is so cool, I can eat stuff" Joren: "dont stay in your wolf too long".

the torture theon gets put threw is so brutal in the books. When you compare how theon acted in the first and second book to how he acted in the 4th, you realize how deeply he is broken. It is very compelling/interesting.

I remember so many details of reeks story line, and almost nothing of brans.

Spoilers in white text, dont read if you havent read book 4

-theon begging to have parts of his body cut off because the skin has been flayed.
-Theon tricking the ironborn into surrendering
-theon being begged by the fake arya (actually jeyne poole, sansa's best friend) to save her.
-theon (who at this time is reek) being forced to pretend to be theon to give away "arya" for marriage to ramsey.
-Theon being laughed at for his appearance and thinking that words were nothing compared to being skinned alive.
-Watching ramsey humilate and rape jeyne a girl he has known since childhood and being too scared and broken to do anything beyond secretly hoping stannis kills ramsey. its hinted ramsey forces theon to go down on jeyne
-leading that old lady (i forget her name) through the crypts of winterfell as she tells him about how brandon stark took her virginity and how she hated rickard stark (father of ned and brandon) for forcing brandon to marry cat tully. Telling theon about how she hated ned for not bring her husbands body back from roberts rebellion. Basically telling theon why she is now against the starks and with the boltons.

-theon helping mance rayder rescue fake arya (actually jeyne poole) thus showing courage and redeeming himself. also because ramsey was going to cut off his lips for going down on his "wife".

Thoen has arguably one of the most interesting story arcs in all of ASOIAF. people are just made uncomfortable by his storyline because it is so bitterly depressing. But it very interesting.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #6728
GetBuckets
I airball my layups

GetBuckets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Reek story line is awesome. It has tension, drama, suspense. It makes you feel uncomfortable, it makes you feel sad.

Bran's story line leaves almost zero impression for me. It was a chore to get through his chapters for me. So much of it was "OMG being a wolf is so cool, I can eat stuff" Joren: "dont stay in your wolf too long".

the torture theon gets put threw is so brutal in the books. When you compare how theon acted in the first and second book to how he acted in the 4th, you realize how deeply he is broken. It is very compelling/interesting.

Thoen has arguably one of the most interesting story arcs in all of ASOIAF. people are just made uncomfortable by his storyline because it is so bitterly depressing. But it very interesting.

Yes..... Agree with this^^^^^^.
GetBuckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #6729
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Quote:

Spoilers in white text, dont read if you havent read book 4

It may be a good storyline, but Theon himself as a character is just not interesting. At least to me.

There are lots of villains/morally compromised/douche characters in GOT, and they all manage to be more solid than Theon. Theon is just a little bi**.

Last edited by Suguru101 : 09-03-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #6730
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
It may be a good storyline, but Theon himself as a character is just not interesting. At least to me.

There are lots of villains/morally compromised/douche characters in GOT, and they all manage to be more solid than Theon. Theon is just a little bi**.
Unquote that. Somebody who hasn't read the book will have it spoiled.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #6731
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Unquote that. Somebody who hasn't read the book will have it spoiled.

Didn't even notice. Just fixed it.

Thanks for looking out.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #6732
Craven Morehead
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Craven Morehead has an OK reputation so far

Craven Morehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #6733
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

[

Note. I have not really watched the tv show, so I am talking about the books.

I think all of the storylines get a little tedious at one point or another. I agree that Bran has a lull, but its also the story in the book that is laying the cosmology/worldview that underpins everything else.

I actually find Daenerys storyline the most tedious. I agree Theon has some slow moments as well, but its such a sick story that it really does draw you in.

In conclusion, to each their own.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #6734
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought the Reek chapters have maybe been the best written things in the entire series so far. Especially the first one. They really get you into his mind and into what he went through. The situation that he was in was devastating.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #6735
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I thought the Reek chapters have maybe been the best written things in the entire series so far. Especially the first one. They really get you into his mind and into what he went through. The situation that he was in was devastating.
this
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: