Page 143 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

The latest rumor is Lebron and Noel have plans to team up..... with the Lakers.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lebro...200002979.html

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The latest rumor is Lebron and Noel have plans to team up..... with the Lakers.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lebro...200002979.html
    I don't really want LeBron due to the baggage that comes with it. I'd prefer PG13 and building around PG13..

Now Noel would be interesting.. I definitely don't think we should bring back Lopez but Noel doesn't fit well with Nance on paper. Noel hasn't played consistent minutes though in nba so I don't know what to make of him.

NBA lottery pick

Any team in the NBA would have Lebron. It's silly to think otherwise. The rebuild would be completely done at that point.

Any team in the NBA would have Lebron. It's silly to think otherwise. The rebuild would be completely done at that point.
    LeBron is at the tail end of his prime at 33 when we would get him with maybe 2 more years before he begins to fall off. He would max out salary into high-30s mil for next 5yrs (he can't sign for full supermax like Curry or Harden since you have to be with team for certain number of years). It is like a Shaq Heat situation all over again, when Shaq was at end of prime. Miami got couple great years out of him then it was a mess of a situation afterwards, and he was owed tons of money. Except it would be for a lot more money with LeBron in modern times. I understand LeBron takes much better care of his body than Shaq, but LeBrons game leans heavily on athleticism. He won't be like Reggie Miller or someone with a jumper still balling till 40.

Secondly, lets forget the money for a moment. How would things look from team perspective? LeBron ball makes Lonzo a potential odd man out because Lonzo's game is around setting others up. LeBron would change the whole situation. We would have to essentially forget about Lonzo leading the charge for a few years. Kuzma/Ingram/Nance/etc would be fine though. We would shift to LeBron ball with a LeBron in his later seasons. I'm not saying it would be anything like Melo, but I would be a bit nervous about player development of rest of the young guys. It would be like current 76ers suddenly adding a 35yr old Kobe, which would change the entire team dimension.

There is of course other issues. All of the spotlights would flip to the Lakers. We already have tons of spotlights as it is - imagine how much adding LeBron would change things. So much extra pressure on these youngsters to get to the western conference finals or bust (we obviously can't beat Warriors even with LeBron).
    Last edited by bladefd; 12-11-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Home of the 16

I agree, any team would be happy to get Lebron, but I’m not quite sure where Lebron would fit into all of this. Where would that put BI? Kuz? It would just create a logjam since we’re seeing how Kuz is looking more like a natural 3 (debatable, but truly does look like a natural 3 to me). There’s enough bigs in the league now that will have you on second thought for going small ball, & the Lakers paid the price numerous amount of times this year. Lebron’s turning 33 by the end of December, I’m not sure if an aging star who is playing heavy minutes this year is a great idea to invest on, knowing the Lakers’ history with aging superstars.

NBA lottery pick

Then how do the Lakers intend to pursue Paul George as well? These last few weeks Ingram has really come on. I like that he's finally stepped up and showing his potential. If the Lakers don't at least try for Lebron and Paul George then who would you want them to go for though? The only other player I see that would be worth it would be Cousins. Maybe as a RFA you take a look at Lavine. Outside of that it's save the rest of the money for 2019 and try again.

Then how do the Lakers intend to pursue Paul George as well? These last few weeks Ingram has really come on. I like that he's finally stepped up and showing his potential. If the Lakers don't at least try for Lebron and Paul George then who would you want them to go for though? The only other player I see that would be worth it would be Cousins. Maybe as a RFA you take a look at Lavine. Outside of that it's save the rest of the money for 2019 and try again.
    Paul George for sure should be pursued with the max deal because he is still in his mid-20s. He just entered his prime about 2 years ago. I would offer Cousins max too. I wouldn't mind LeBron on a 3yr deal but I think he wants full max years so....

If both fall through, I don't know after that.. Maybe Bradley could be our starting SG? I don't know how much better he is than KCP. I would consider Nerleans Noel too. I would consider keeping Randle too depending on how much he wants and what other teams are willing to offer.. I don't want anyone else for beyond 1yr contract.

NBA lottery pick

Detroit is going to pay Bradley. They seem to like him and it sounds like that will get done.

Detroit is going to pay Bradley. They seem to like him and it sounds like that will get done.
    Yeah, it looks that way.

I don't think KCP can be a long-term solution.. I was hoping he could be. He is good but pretty streaky ... Maybe if we can get him for same deal as Clarkson and move Clarkson for a 1st round pick. I prefer KCP over Clarkson because KCP plays good defense.

NBA lottery pick

KCP has had a pretty good season. His name is in the trade rumors now though. I could see them moving him to OKC for George. Kinda makes sense for both teams. KCP has proven he can produce without being a focal point of an offense. He's doing it right now. So that would keep the ball in Westbrooks hands. Plus he can guard the other teams best wing player. That would be a nice back court in OKC. If that rumored trade never happened they could just let him walk too. Or if they strike out and he plays the season they may resign him. His future is really up in the air. Kinda weird for a guy who is one of the better SG's in the league. I'd move him for George in a heart beat though.

KCP has had a pretty good season. His name is in the trade rumors now though. I could see them moving him to OKC for George. Kinda makes sense for both teams. KCP has proven he can produce without being a focal point of an offense. He's doing it right now. So that would keep the ball in Westbrooks hands. Plus he can guard the other teams best wing player. That would be a nice back court in OKC. If that rumored trade never happened they could just let him walk too. Or if they strike out and he plays the season they may resign him. His future is really up in the air. Kinda weird for a guy who is one of the better SG's in the league. I'd move him for George in a heart beat though.
    Why would OKC do that? They are hoping for George to stay long-term. Why would they kill that altogether just 3 months into the season? They will look for a scapegoat if they continue losing and that scapegoat will be the head coach as it usually is the case. They will need time to see how the new coach does (probably would be one of Donovan's assistants). They would do that before rushing to move George right before trade deadline.

If OKC continues to suck then George won't stay there. Do we blink first or do we let OKC blink first? .

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Why would OKC do that? They are hoping for George to stay long-term. Why would they kill that altogether just 3 months into the season? They will look for a scapegoat if they continue losing and that scapegoat will be the head coach as it usually is the case. They will need time to see how the new coach does (probably would be one of Donovan's assistants). They would do that before rushing to move George right before trade deadline.

If OKC continues to suck then George won't stay there. Do we blink first or do we let OKC blink first? .
    You answered it with your last line. They aren't playing well. He won't want to stay there. They will try to move him and get something in return before he just leaves. Plus everyone still says he's planning on going to LA anyhow. If they're losing I wouldn't blame them for blowing it up.

You answered it with your last line. They aren't playing well. He won't want to stay there. They will try to move him and get something in return before he just leaves. Plus everyone still says he's planning on going to LA anyhow. If they're losing I wouldn't blame them for blowing it up.
    KCP is on 1yr expiring deal too. It would have to be a sign and trade with terms agreed up front. I don't know how that would even work tbh..

Home of the 16

Let's think long-term, does Kuzma bulk up & play at 4? Sooner or later, the Lakers will have to make a decision. Is this where positionless basketball factors in, or go with a tall lineup? Zo, BI, Kuzma? I like that.

I really can't figure out where the Lakers are heading with this roster, atm. But I like this. Just thankful for Brook who, in my opinion, has been great for the Lakers. He's been great defensively by constantly contesting & altering shots game after game. His ability to stretch the floor has been great as well, but he too is very streaky, I think he shot 55+% from 3 for a week & went on to have the worst week he could possibly have a week after. lol

Do you think BI will continue to play at 3 or would you rather move him down at 2? Obviously he'll be guarding quicker guards, but I don't think that's a bad thing, it just means he'll be taller than them. You're probably reading this & thinking of how odd this is, but honestly, offensively, it does not go against his playstyle, better yet, it just means teams will be forced to adjust to match BI's length if he's playing well. I like the idea of using the Bucks' system in terms of position placement for their players—they're so lengthy, which I believe the Lakers have as well.

Guys, what happens here?

NBA lottery pick

I don't think we will know the answer to any of those questions until after this off season happens. It all depends on if the Lakers can land a big time FA. That's going to change the lineup. If the get George for example, he and BI will be playing the 2 and 3. They'll probably lose Randle. That will open up the 4 spot and I think it's Kuzma's eventually. Nance is a guy who should be coming off a bench. I think it's all dependent on signing a guy like that though. Then maybe they can get Cousins to play C. Of course Ball is the PG. This year I think it's all about development though.