Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Question Does it feel like there's been less 'terror' under Big Dick Donald?

With respect to organized, foreign groups, that is.

Obviously we've had plenty of domestic terror from lefties who attack random people in red hats, as well as a horrible synagogue shooting from some nazi screwloose. But these kinds of random events perpetrated by individuals have happened sporadically throughout recent decades anyway.

But like foreign terror? That was a major headline all throughout the Bush and the Obama presidencies.

During the Bush admin Al Qaeda was out to get us. They were releasing warning tapes and sending anthrax, etc.

During the Obama admin it was ISIS. They were cutting off peoples heads on film, driving cars into crowded areas.

Terror was constantly a theme on the news for 16 years before BDD took office. Now all of a sudden... you hardly hear of it.

Has it stopped? Or does the news think that murderous rampages are no longer worth covering, now that we have the Mueller investigation?

Seems weird... doesn't it?

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: Does it feel like there's been less 'terror' under Big Dick Donald?

You could argue that the media was pushing all of those narratives...

But now they have something else to focus on... Donald Trump himself.

He is the story. They love him being president despite their posturing to the contrary.

Donald Trump = ratings. Whether people love him or hate him, almost everyone is obsessed with talking about him. He's basically the LeBron James of presidents, in that regard.

I think this is why we don't hear about terror plots and I think this is also why narratives like the cops shooting everyone just completely vanished overnight.

They have all the story they'll ever need in Donald Trump so long as he remains in office.

I think within a few months time of our next president's term, we'll start to see horror narratives start to pop back up.

I will say though my favorite part of Donald's presidency is the fact that he hasn't taken us into another country. I mean, he's basically the only president that's operated that way since I can remember...

i guess you avoided the news a few weeks ago when isis carried out a suicide bombing that killed 19 people, including 4 'murricans. this was just after bdd announced isis was defeated and we were pulling out of syria (at the behest of vlad).

I will say though my favorite part of Donald's presidency is the fact that he hasn't taken us into another country.

so i guess yemen isn't a country now?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    You could argue that the media was pushing all of those narratives...

But now they have something else to focus on... Donald Trump himself.

He is the story. They love him being president despite their posturing to the contrary.

Donald Trump = ratings. Whether people love him or hate him, almost everyone is obsessed with talking about him. He's basically the LeBron James of presidents, in that regard.

I think this is why we don't hear about terror plots and I think this is also why narratives like the cops shooting everyone just completely vanished overnight.

They have all the story they'll ever need in Donald Trump so long as he remains in office.

I think within a few months time of our next president's term, we'll start to see horror narratives start to pop back up.

I will say though my favorite part of Donald's presidency is the fact that he hasn't taken us into another country. I mean, he's basically the only president that's operated that way since I can remember...

Interesting.

So the public would rather watch updates on the Mueller investigation and Stormy Daniels, rather than stay abreast of current threats of violence aimed at the country...?

Or are those threats not really threats, and the news straight up lies about them when BDD isn't in office because it brings in more eyeballs?

Either way... that's a REALLY bad look for somebody

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude

i guess you avoided the news a few weeks ago when isis carried out a suicide bombing that killed 19 people[/B], including 4 'murricans[/B]. this was just after bdd announce isis was defeated and we were pulling out of syria (at the behest of vlad).

Guess I missed it. It must have been pretty brief. Used to be any time I stopped on CNN while flipping through, there was either a story on terror, or a story "coming up next" on terror. Now if you blink you miss the coverage of suicide bombings.

There used to be constant news headlines on the latest terror cell activities and scares on sites like yahoo and facebook. Used to be weekly threads on ISH even.

Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

i guess you avoided the news a few weeks ago when isis carried out a suicide bombing that killed 19 people, including 4 'murricans. this was just after bdd announced isis was defeated and we were pulling out of syria (at the behest of vlad).

Hey... first of all, we aren't in a direct conflict with Yemen. Secondly... that shit started under Obama, slappy.

NBA Legend

Ah, just checked the link.

ISIS Attack in Syria Kills 4 Americans, Raising New Worries About Troop Withdrawal

How convenient. We're on the verge of pulling out, and suddenly ISIS claims a big terror attack.

Our poor soldiers. They're being blown up by Rumsfeld and Cheney and Soros and Bolton and Bubba and Lockheed and GE and Boeing, and the guy in NumberSix's avatar, etc, just so the international mafia can continue to operate. And we let it happen, because we need them to keep us safe from the wacky terrorists these very same people help the Saudis to organize and encourage.

What a time.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 02-19-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Interesting.

So the public would rather watch updates on the Mueller investigation and Stormy Daniels, rather than stay abreast of current threats of violence aimed at the country...?
    Yes, but also...

Or are those threats not really threats, and the news straight up lies about them when BDD isn't in office because it brings in more eyeballs?
    Mostly correct, yes.

that shit started under Obama, slappy.
    and yet the republican majority senate just a few weeks ago openly rebuked bdd for his f*ckery in yemen.

also, related- you hear about maga/flynn tryna sell nuclear secrets to the saudis?

breaking news.

How convenient. We're on the verge of pulling out, and suddenly ISIS claims a big terror attack.
    sounds like abu bakr al-baghdadi has read sun tzu a few times.

NBA Legend

and yet the republican majority senate just a few weeks ago openly rebuked bdd for his f*ckery in yemen.

also, related- you hear about maga/flynn tryna sell nuclear secrets to the saudis?

breaking news.

sounds like abu bakr al-baghdadi has read sun tzu a few times.

I think it's more about guys like Kagan and Kristol and Wolfowitz reading The Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I think it's more about guys like Kagan and Kristol and Wolfowitz reading The Prince.
    reading is fundamental.

NBA Legend

reading is fundamental.

"The 99%" are simply mental. And muh*****erz wonder why they always get screwed over.

The proles will never rise up. - O'Brien, 1984

They seriously won't. They can't.

What part of "hasn't taken us into another country" don't you understand you silly agenda driven dipshit? I never said anything about him doing more militarily or doing less in countries that we're not already in.

This isn't semantics. I was specifically talking about the fact that he hasn't taken us into a new country, which practically every other ****ing president has done, including Obama and Bush. Dumbass.

What part of "hasn't taken us into another country" don't you understand you silly agenda driven dipshit? I never said anything about him doing more militarily or doing less in countries that we're not already in.

This isn't semantics. I was specifically talking about the fact that he hasn't taken us into a new country, which practically every other ****ing president has done, including Obama and Bush. Dumbass.

NBA Legend