Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Basketball Hall of Fame 2014 Finalists

Tim Hardaway, Spencer Haywood, Kevin Johnson, Harley Redin, Mitch Richmond, Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton, Gary Williams, Immaculata University (team) and Alonzo Mourning.

Also, in addition to the finalists, five people were elected directly into the Hall of Fame, including recently retired commissioner David Stern.

Default Re: Basketball Hall of Fame 2014 Finalists

Zo should make it for sure.

Spencer Haywood is the only lock.

Of the recent players in Hardaway, KJ, Zo and Richmond, I can see all of them getting in and I can see all of them missing the cut In Reggie Miller's first year up, he didn't even make the finalist.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Alonzo. That's it.

Zo should definitely make it.

Sidney Moncrief always getting snubbed Bobby Jones the same. ****ing disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Zo should definitely make it.

Sidney Moncrief always getting snubbed Bobby Jones the same. ****ing disgraceful.

Zo on first ballot, I don't know. Hell, it took Nique Wilkins 2 years to make it in.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

No Moncrief

No Gus Williams

Took like 15 years for Oscar Schmidt

Took like 20 years for Gilmore

Bunch of idiots voting for their buddies and funny personalities over basketball career

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Zo on first ballot, I don't know. Hell, it took Nique Wilkins 2 years to make it in.
    1st only? He probably won't make it then. He's the most deserving out of those guys though. Spencer has the ABA going on for him and he's been retired for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    No Moncrief

No Gus Williams

Took like 15 years for Oscar Schmidt

Took like 20 years for Gilmore

Bunch of idiots voting for their buddies and funny personalities over basketball career
    I don't know if Gus Williams is a HOF'er?

If so, than you're gonna have to add JoJo White (who I think is better than Gus), Lou Hudson, Norm Van Lier, Paul Westpal, Marques Johnson (same as White), Bobby Jones, Jack Sikma, ect. Those level of players.

Tim and Zo

1st only? He probably won't make it then. He's the most deserving out of those guys though. Spencer has the ABA going on for him and he's been retired for a long time.
    At their best, I think Tim was the better of the four (of KJ, Mitch and Zo.) And they played in basically the same era.

With KJ being a mayor now, that might get him in. When he wasn't a mayor, he was gettin passed over all the time. That's the only thing that has changed now than when he originally was nominated 10 years ago or so.

I don't know if Gus Williams is a HOF'er?

If so, than you're gonna have to add JoJo White (who I think is better than Gus), Lou Hudson, Norm Van Lier, Paul Westpal, Marques Johnson (same as White), Bobby Jones, Jack Sikma, ect. Those level of players.
    Bobby Jones should definitely make it though. 9 all-defensive teams (8 1st), would've had most likely one dpoy had there been the award in the 70's, 6th man of the year once, 4x nba all-star, leader in FG% once, important part of a championship squad and one of the greatest teams ever, couple of really good years in the aba, top 60 in steals and blocks (nba and aba combined), pretty good overall player at his best, good college career. Looking at some guys already in, easily deserves it. I'd say it's a shame he's not even a finalist by now, even more for Moncrief.

Yea but it's hard for player like Gus. He had a really good peak, has one ring, all-star, 5th in mvp voting once, once all-nba 1st, overall the 3rd best PG of the 80s.. but again, hard for him to make it, even with that really good resume. Sikma, Marques or Jo Jo also in that same boat, really good resume and players at their best but it's hard for them to get it, and, like you've said, dudes like Westphal, Sweet Lou, Van Lier..
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 02-15-2014 at 01:51 AM.

At their best, I think Tim was the better of the four (of KJ, Mitch and Zo.) And they played in basically the same era.

With KJ being a mayor now, that might get him in. When he wasn't a mayor, he was gettin passed over all the time. That's the only thing that has changed now than when he originally was nominated 10 years ago or so.
    Looking at everything - peak play, longevity and accolades/awards/acomplishments - I got Zo 1st, out of those. As far as peak, hard to tell, Zo was a beast on d and could get it done on offense, KJ one of the greatest peaks for a PG (shame for injuries), Mitch could really ball, of course Hardaway was just insane with it.

Bobby Jones should definitely make it though. 9 all-defensive teams (8 1st), would've had most likely one dpoy had there been the award in the 70's, 6th man of the year once, 4x nba all-star leader in FG% once, important part of a championship squad and one of the greatest teams ever, couple of really good years in the aba, top 60 in steals and blocks (nba and aba combined), pretty good overall player at his best, good college career. Looking at some guys already in, easily deserves it.

Yea but it's hard for player like Gus. He had a really good peak, has one ring, all-star, 5th in mvp voting once, once all-nba 1st, overall the 3rd best PG of the 80s.. but again, hard for him to make it, even with that really good resume. Sikma, Marques or Jo Jo also in that same boat, really good resume and players at their best but it's hard for them to get it, and, like you've said, dudes like Westphal, Sweet Lou, Van Lier..
    JoJo was important to the post Russell-pre Larry Celtics. He should have been in years ago. He's part of Celtics history and to leave him out is not right when other Celtics like Frank Ramsey and the recent tom Sanders from Russell's era is in. Technically, Dave Cowens is the only Celtic post Russell-pre Larry in the Hall of Fame. I don't count Hondo since, he played with Russell since 1962.

Larry era Celtics there are 6 and Russell has a bunch (Cousy/Sharman/Heinsohn/Jones boys/Hondo/Ramsey/Sanders and others who played a few years and are in the Hall in Baily Howell, Clyde Lovellette, Arnie Risen and Andy Phillip.)

The Hondo/Cowens/White era, White should be added.

Bobby Jones should definitely make it though. 9 all-defensive teams (8 1st), would've had most likely one dpoy had there been the award in the 70's, 6th man of the year once, 4x nba all-star, leader in FG% once, important part of a championship squad and one of the greatest teams ever, couple of really good years in the aba, top 60 in steals and blocks (nba and aba combined), pretty good overall player at his best, good college career. Looking at some guys already in, easily deserves it. I'd say it's a shame he's not even a finalist by now, even more for Moncrief.
    2nd team all american, with guys like Bill Walton and David Thompson in front of him. That's maybe 2 of the top 5 college basketball players of all time. Did get one first team selection from the USBWA.

Finished his career as the alltime FG% leader at UNC. One season he broke the record for the highest FG% in ACC history. In a different season he had the second highest rebounding season in school history (behind HOFer Billy Cunningham).

He had an outstanding college career.

Also an Olympian, although on that 1972 team. Then all of the off the court stuff.