Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Election Fraud in North Carolina House Race

North Carolina Election Board Finds Evidence Of Significant Fraud To Help GOP Candidate

The executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections revealed Monday that state officials had uncovered a “coordinated” and “unlawful” effort to collect absentee ballots on behalf of a Republican congressional candidate in the November election.

In the first public comments outlining the results of the state’s probe, Strach said investigators had evidence that McCrae Dowless, a political operative working on behalf of the Harris campaign, filled out and mailed in incomplete or blank ballots from both his office and home. She said Dowless paid people in cash to collect requests for absentee ballots and the ballots themselves. The state board also has evidence, she said, that Dowless paid people to falsify signatures on absentee ballots indicating that they had witnessed those ballots being filled out.

[Lisa Britt] accused Dowless of trying to obstruct the investigation into irregularities and even attempting to influence her testimony before the board. She said that after the election, he had told his workers that if they stuck together, nothing would happen because officials didn’t have evidence of wrongdoing. According to Britt, Dowless instructed her last Thursday to testify on Monday that neither she nor Dowless had done anything wrong and to plead her 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination.
    Perhaps the most salient instance of voter/election fraud to be laid bare in recent history. The additional obstruction of justices charges are going to sting.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Election Fraud in North Carolina House Race

Just for the record, OP, you believe if he never got caught and was elected, he should have lots and lots of centralized power, correct?

Err, wait... only if he’s elected from your party though. Right?

Sorry, remind me how it all works again?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Perhaps the most salient instance of voter/election fraud to be laid bare in recent history. The additional obstruction of justices charges are going to sting.
    You know that what they’re accused of doing, although illegal in NC, is legal in states like California, right?

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Just for the record, OP, you believe if he never got caught and was elected, he should have lots and lots of centralized power, correct?

Err, wait... only if he

NBA Legend

What kinds of centralized power do solitary 1st term House members have... especially when they're in the minority? Even the speaker of the House has pretty limited authority, less centralized governmental power.

Also, Harris hasn't been caught doing anything; there is no indication, as yet, that he had anything to do with the scheme carried out by Dowless. He was foolish to contract with Dowless given his dubious reputation prior to the 2018 election, but the focus right now is on Dowless, the people he paid to commit election fraud, and any possible attemps to obstruct justice on top of it all.
    Ok. The excerpt said “political operative working on behalf of the harris campaign.” I assumed that meant the scheme was under Harris’ direction but perhaps not necessarily.

But youre a big government guy, right? Politicians should decide where all the money in this country goes, correct...? Not each person deciding where their own money goes.

Thats like a core political belief of yours, isnt it?

[QUOTE=NumberSix]You know that what they

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Ok. The excerpt said

Mark Harris has repeatedly asserted that he knew nothing about illegal activity conducted during the 2018 on his behalf, but it appears that he was warned about McCrae Dowless prior to the election on more than one occasion, and one of those times was by his son, an assistant US Attorney in North Carolina.

Harris' son, John Harris, is an assistant U.S. attorney in North Carolina. He said Wednesday that he reviewed the 2016 primary results after Harris was defeated by incumbent Robert Pittenger.

He noticed oddities in vote-by-mail results in Bladen County, where the third-place finisher, Todd Johnson, won a near sweep of those ballots in the county. Dowless worked on behalf of Johnson in 2016.

John Harris then looked at publicly available data on when ballots were received and noticed that the absentee ballots were returned in "batches."
    That led him to believe that someone was collecting ballots and turning them in.

"Did you talk about those concerns with Mark Harris?" asked Kim Strach, the executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
    "I did," said John Harris.

Investigators showed the board a number of emails John Harris exchanged with his father about absentee ballots in Bladen County, including an email in which he forwarded the specific North Carolina statute that forbids the collection of ballots.
    [QUOTE]I love my dad and I love my mom,

Oh, I should add: Harris and his wife were unaware that their son would be testifying yesterday, and Mark Harris is set to testify today in the face of this new revelation.

Apparently that type of fraud has been going on so long in Bladen and Robeson Counties (some of the poorest areas in the state, full of inbred troglodytes) that it became business as usual for voters there. For me the biggest red flag that something was awry was Harris defeating Pittenger in the primary. How does a multi-term Republican incumbent lose to a newcomer in a gerrymandered district?

Harris is such a phony, claiming to be a man of God and then jumping right in this shit pile. A new election should be held and he should be investigated for any other crimes he and his campaign might have committed.

NBA Legend

I thought you would be aware of the situation in NC since you were commenting. You really should read up on the background of the happenings in NC. It's some of that classic election/voter fraud that we've been warned about by the administration. Surprisingly, people suddenly don't want to talk about it... choosing rather to change the subject or find a tanget when it comes up. It's weird, right?

What is there to say about this? I personally EXPECT this kind of thing from politics. I believe in strong deterrents. If anyone manipulates the actual voter count, throw the book at them. I'm all for it.

The larger problem is that people like you want to give corrupt individuals MORE power of law. Greed, corruption, chrony-ism, they're not going away. At least in the hands of business and the free market they do not have the force of law. No corporation can send a person to jail for failing to comply with its directives. A government can.

You want corrupt individuals to have the authority of law over everyone else.

That's one of your core beliefs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Maxfly gonna make any new comments or posts about the Virginia debacle or is he going to pretend he’s objective and unbiased?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...226561504.html

RALEIGH
    In a startling statement, Republican candidate Mark Harris Thursday called for a new election in the 9th Congressional District “to restore the confidence of voters.”

Hmmm... I honestly thought he was innocent in all of this, but I'm starting to reassess that. From his testimony today:

Harris said he took Dowless' word about the legality of his operation. He said he also asked his main consultant, Andy Yates, to weigh in.

Yates testified over two days this week that Dowless' hiring was a "done deal" by the time he came on board in the summer of 2017. He also testified that for the most part he paid Dowless not on invoices but by verbal requests. Elections officials say Yates' company, Red Dome Group, paid Dowless a total of $131,000 during the campaign.

In answer to questions, Harris said he didn't know about the lack of oversight until this week.

"I did not know it was simply word of mouth," he told the board. "I was not keeping up with the checks and the money being spent down there until I saw your figures here."

Harris was asked about a check he wrote Dowless in May 2017 made payable to "Patriots for Progress," a political action committee. Kim Westbrook Strach, executive director of the board, asked him if he knew it was illegal for campaigns to coordinate with PACs set up for independent spending. He said he did not.
    At this point, election officials should probably say, "Not so fast with a new election... let's figure out your liability here and if you should even be allowed to run."

[QUOTE=Hawker]Maxfly gonna make any new comments or posts about the Virginia debacle or is he going to pretend he