Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    that part, i disagree with... he was definitely out of control and who knew what the hell he was going to do at that given moment... only after the fact are you able to second guess the call.. he could have gone into the stands for all we know. that is the reputation he has earned himself and you have to factor that in as a ref.

Players are allowed to have a reaction if they have a legit reason. He had a legit reason to be upset obviously for a missed flagrant. I'm saying only 1, him pressing the issue technical should remain in tact.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Uh huh, and be suspended for the entire playoffs. Wonderfully smart move that would have been. This aint THUG LIFE bro. Stuff like that gets you removed for a long time from this game.
    Um... Did you forget when he went and beat the sh*t out of fans? If he'd do that to a fan, he'd do that to Kobe.

Plus he did get suspended for a long time... It wasn't smart, but that's how he played back then. (Hence why I said 5 years ago).

And I think everyone knows what the hell a "throat slashing gesture" looks like.

He DID a throat slashing gesture. Lets not get it twisted. Dude lost his temper. Period.
    WRONG. He was doing that gesture the moment Kobe elbowed him in the throat. Watch an entire video of the incident and you would know.

He gets called for the foul, then immediately swings his elbow mimicking Kobe's elbow. He keeps doing the same thing even after they separate him and Kobe. Then he gets tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC
    WRONG. He was doing that gesture the moment Kobe elbowed him in the throat. Watch an entire video of the incident and you would know.

He did it the moment Kobe elbowed him in the throat? The very moment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZ0B854hrE

Thats not what im seeing at about 36 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Hey... Genius. I used 5 years ago as a point in history. When Artest still would fight on the court.

It's not literally me matching up two rosters from 03-04 for a fight. Plus Oakley was not on the Lakers in 03-04 anyway.

I'm simply saying if it was 5 years ago, Kobe would've been punched in the grill.
    the lakers would have a thug on the team to protect kobe bryant is what i meant. is that the first thing u thought about when the play went down? imagining 2 grown assss men as if it were 5 years ago. i mean come on now, what is with the silly irrelevant imagination you have? u some kind of s!ck fck or something? this site dont need perverts like you running around.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

The flagrant foul with no suspension was the best call to make in this situation from the league's(not David Stern's ) point of view. As for Artest, he deserved both his technical calls. If he would have calm himself down and not give that gesture, he wouldn't have been ejected with the second technical.

He gets called for the foul, then immediately swings his elbow mimicking Kobe's elbow. He keeps doing the same thing even after they separate him and Kobe. Then he gets tossed.
    at first artest was pointing to his throat like a normal human being. then the demons in artests head told him to threaten kobe bryants life. that is what i saw. ron artest still has the devil inside of him. i am telling you, this guy is half way retarded. just when i thought he was better, his condition has worsened. sad.

Well, simple as this: regardless of how upset you are, you do not run up on a player, and get in their face with refs around like that. Imagine if Kobe (doubtful) would have reacted, or his team reacted and jumped in? Situations like that cause a potential fight.

When someone gets in your face, what do you usually want to do? Or if someone gets in your buddy's face?

Local High School Star

You can just delay the game by running across court, getting into a player's face, use a "cut-throat" gesture and not expect to be ejected. Especially Ron Artest!

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    the lakers would have a thug on the team to protect kobe bryant is what i meant. is that the first thing u thought about when the play went down? imagining 2 grown assss men as if it were 5 years ago. i mean come on now, what is with the silly irrelevant imagination you have? u some kind of s!ck fck or something? this site dont need perverts like you running around.
    Seriously dude? Are you really calling me a sick f*ck, and a pervert? It's not like I was watching the game jacking off the thought of Artest and Kobe fighting.

Every single person in the world that watched that game flashed back to Artest running into the stands. The refs did, they threw him out so he wouldn't escalate things further, the players got in between them, plus it's been brought up I don't know about a billion times on here today.

It was a hypothetical situation that I typed on a forum. I think you're the one with issues here.

I REALLY wish people would stop saying this. Kobe DID NOT ELBOW HIM IN THE THROAT.

He elbowed him in the chest NOT the throat.

I understand that people are only repeating the lie started by Artest, but you can clearly see that not only did Kobe not elbow him in the throat. Artest deserved the ORIGINAL foul call because HIS (Artest) elbow was all over Kobes neck and head, as well using his knee on him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Would have been a good call at the time, does it make any difference when called after the game though ?
    good question.

Well, simple as this: regardless of how upset you are, you do not run up on a player, and get in their face with refs around like that. Imagine if Kobe (doubtful) would have reacted, or his team reacted and jumped in? Situations like that cause a potential fight.
    And the Flagrant foul Kobe threw does not have the potential to start a fight?

And it wasn't a throat slashing gesture people.

im baffled artest didnt get a suspension. he basically threatened kobe's life. plain and simple.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    This has to be the dumbest statement I seen on this board. Go in the stands for what???????? Kobe was on the court. what the hell are you talking about?
    learn how to read english first and what the guy is saying.....he was implying...that he might have as well into the stands....GEEZ