Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Can Kyle Anderson make the leap to Contributor?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i liked Kyle over LaVine in last years draft

kyle just understands the game and a good team and coach could mask his slow feet defensively

look at what andre miller did for denver. slow as hell, but was one of our biggest offensive threats with his desicionmaking and savyness

also love delon wright for similar reasons. tho he also has legit defensive potential to go with it
    Andre Miller is actually pretty explosive when it comes to change of pace...he's not all that slow.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

The Spurs didn't seem to make wing players their priority after Aldridge and I felt like that's a big need for them after losing Joseph and Belli. I assumed they were working on certain guys or they have faith in Anderson covering up some holes.

I think he'll have a spot in the rotation and it'll be up to him to keep it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

if andre miller can succeed, so can kyle anderson

Banned

Give him time. Players with unique skilsets rarely excel early in their careers. He's on the right team but he needs to figure a lot of stuff out before he can be relied upon.

Also, not to beat a dead horse but he needs to be able to shoot threes and defends 4's if he's ever going to have success

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    He needs to be a 4. His skillset as a 4 can present mismatch problems similar to how Diaw is used. On the wing he's just another guy, except he moves at one-tenth the speed.

I agree with this, and even when they drafted him I thought of Diaw. But like everyone is saying, he's gotta get stronger to defend the four, and it'd be huge if he could get that jumper fixed.

Glenn Rice is having an issue converting dominant D-League performance into NBA contributor status, and the problem is he's a scorer, so the thing he brings to the table is something other guys already do better than him. If Anderson is acting as the pimary playmaker for his D-League team, he may have a similar problem. Shooting and defense are off ball skills that translate better, and once he's in a rotation he's playmaking can flash and make him stand out among the role players. But he needs the other stuff to get into a rotation first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I agree with this, and even when they drafted him I thought of Diaw. But like everyone is saying, he's gotta get stronger to defend the four, and it'd be huge if he could get that jumper fixed.

Glenn Rice is having an issue converting dominant D-League performance into NBA contributor status, and the problem is he's a scorer, so the thing he brings to the table is something other guys already do better than him. If Anderson is acting as the pimary playmaker for his D-League team, he may have a similar problem. Shooting and defense are off ball skills that translate better, and once he's in a rotation he's playmaking can flash and make him stand out among the role players. But he needs the other stuff to get into a rotation first.
    The thing is, even this old fat version of Diaw is faster than Kyle. Dude is slow as fvck. Moves like the Big Show.

To everyone saying Miller was unathletic...he wasn't really that much.

He had incredible endurance, hustle, and good acceleration.