Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: "College is better than the NBA because they're not selfish and play defense"

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

When's the last time you watched a college basketball game that didn't consist of a top 5 or 10 team?

You know what nearly every possession looks like? 4 players on offense passing around the perimeter for about 30 seconds until one of them decides to shoot a three-pointer.

Great teamwork.

sounds like the Lebran offense in the 4th quarter

Default Re: "College is better than the NBA because they're not selfish and play defense"

College is terrible. 35 second shot clock completely ruins the ending of close games

Anyone that claims there is good defense being played in an NBA game is either completely psychotic, or they are a pathological liar, or they have never actually seen an NBA game.

Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Anyone that claims there is good defense being played in an NBA game is either completely psychotic, or they are a pathological liar, or they have never actually seen an NBA game.

Take your pick.
    Shut the fvck up, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    keep believing that. this just shows that you only watch really bad teams and rockets. Even rockets don't do it that foolishly.
    The quality difference between NBA and college ball is so huge that even if what you are saying was true, i would still watch the NBA.
    Creating open 3s for your role players is a skill. shooting 3s well is a skill too.
    No one plays any defense in the NBA you idiot.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I can see why people like college basketball because lets face it, they're kids and they make mistakes so theres more room for comebacks and epic things to happen ( Think game 6 NBA finals) The quality of play is obviously better in the NBA but college basketball allows more room for heartbreak and upsets. Plus theres more teams in college. On that note, i still find the NBA more interesting because I want to see the best players and best teams play so I can witness greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

When's the last time you watched a college basketball game that didn't consist of a top 5 or 10 team?

You know what nearly every possession looks like? 4 players on offense passing around the perimeter for about 30 seconds until one of them decides to shoot a three-pointer.

Great teamwork.
    That's not the point. The point people are making is that in the NBA they don't play any defense. Low IQ, actually EXTREMELY low IQ people (NBA only fans) cannot differentiate the two.

They cannot differentiate from seeing a game where no one plays any defense from where players are hustling and lack the ability to create open shots.

Then you have clowns claiming "creating open shots is a skill"...........the most ridiculous thing ever........especially when these same clowns will come in and say that a league like Euroleague has no skill level comparable to NBA and that no one in Euroleague plays defense compared to NBA........

Because actually in Euroleague they ARE CREATING open shots. While in the NBA they just simply are not freaking playing any defense.

That's the point and it's unbelievable that so-called basketball fans can't even grasp that.

Your post proves you are one of them. Because you can't grasp that it takes several passes and a longer time in NCAA to move the ball around on the perimeter to get open shots as compared to the NBA............if you had even basic basketball knowledge this would be obvious to you.

its not "better" it is just a vastly different style of basketball played compared to the nba. though the offense in a lot of college games is atrocious, it's hard as fvck to score when you have these kids hounding you and rotating so crisp on defense

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I think if you want to watch basketball in its truest form then college basketball is to watch.

The college athletics is the pinnacle of athletics before professional leagues were introduced therefore you will get its purest form.

I like college basketball a lot but sadly I don't watch it much anymore since they had the 1 year rule in the NBA.

It goes far beyond just defense, they actually hustle and play in a cohesive way. There are just too much ISO in the NBA where all 5 players play a critical role for their school. Heck, they have 10 man rotations in college so there are 10 guys that are very important to the school.
    There are just too much ISO in the NBA
    How can you be a kobe fan and an ISO hater? (for the record, Kobe is my fav player).

People make ridiculous statements about how College players play better defense or play with more emotion/intensity... but the truth is that the only reason College hoops seem more intense is because of the atmosphere.

The only thing that College hoops have on the NBA is drunk College students. It creates an amazing atmosphere, but the product on the court is still inferior to the NBA in every way.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

cant stand college basketball, maybe it was better a few years back, but not atm

Banned

College ball is very bad basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    People make ridiculous statements about how College players play better defense or play with more emotion/intensity... but the truth is that the only reason College hoops seem more intense is because of the atmosphere.

The only thing that College hoops have on the NBA is drunk College students. It creates an amazing atmosphere, but the product on the court is still inferior to the NBA in every way.
    People just confirmed here in this thread by the comments. "All they do is make a bunch of passes on the perimeter then shoot a 3"..........

If you were not retarded, you would grasp that is because the defense is better.

The same morons are saying, "in the NBA they just make a pass and dunk it".......

yeah, and we are supposed to believe defense in the NBA is better.......

GTFO

The NBA does not even have ball movement and they don't even swing the ball on the perimeter. Because newsflash genius, there is no freaking defense in the NBA.

You can't even guard the damn lane or the rim by the definition of the rules and the refs don't even allow contact basically at all.

The NBA is pretty much the worst league there is anywhere defensively. I have livebasketballtv account and they are playing freaking better defense by miles in leagues like FIBA Americas.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-20-2014 at 07:24 PM.

People who love college basketball usually just enjoy that there are more white players than in the pros.

It's harder for NCAA players to get high % shots because the players are inferior, and there is no Def. 3-Sec. rule. It has nothing to do with the individual ability of players to defend. The NBA has the best defensive players in the World, and by a wide margin. That's why we see U.S.A. Teams comprised completely of NBA players dominate defensively on the International stage.