Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Default Re: Team Durant v. Team Oden

Quote Originally Posted by JMEWLS
    Seriously, i wouldnt be surprised either. Oden just has way too much hype, i know he's a great shot blocker and a great rebounder. But he's scoring game must improve, he hasnt really made any progress from highschool.

Also he's only really got a decent inside scoring game, if he's going to live up to his expectations he's gotta improve his shooting range.

Oden will probably be like Emeka Okafur in the NBA. Good serviceable center. I am not saying Bynum will be a HOFer either, just saying I think Bynum will have a better career than Oden.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I'm with Oden.

And all of you guys pointing at this Purdue game..did you guys even watch? He held Carl Landry to 35% shooting. Landry's averaging 20/7 for the year. Purdue was also 12-0 at home prior to the game, the game was huge.

But forget that. Do you guys know what Oden was doing before the game? His bestfriend died in a car accident over the weekend. He spent the day at home with his friend's family and mourning at the funeral. While being there for them as well as dealing with his personal emotions, you can't fault the guy for not being totally focused last night. You gotta give him credit that he went home, but still decided to play against Purdue when a lot of people would sit out, and rightfully so. The kid's got heart, and I'm on his side.

I like Durant, but if I had the #1 pick, I would go with Oden.
    Last edited by wang4three; 02-01-2007 at 07:48 AM.

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I like Durant, but if I had the #1 pick, I would go with Oden.
    I totally agree. Oden won't come out this year anyway. He's a smart guy and will want to refine his game completely.

The question isn't Durant or Oden, it will be Oden or Mayo.

ODen is a franchise big, you never pass on franchise big. Once he gets a little bit of range, gets totally healthy, and takes control of the team (it'll help once Lewis leaves) he will be the man.

People picking Durant =

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Going to go with durant, Oden just doesn't seem to be improving in college to me, or have the skills to ever be a dominant lowpost scorer in the NBA.
    You don't even watch college ball so you have no idea what you're talking about. Oden was the co-Big 10 player of the week last week averaging 18/12.

[QUOTE=Se

You don't even watch college ball so you have no idea what you're talking about. Oden was the co-Big 10 player of the week last week averaging 18/12.
    How would you know what I watch and don't watch ? Besides Durant is averaging better than that for the enitre season.

Superstar

I have no doubt that Oden will succeed in the league. My opinion is due more to seeing Durant's skillset and potential. He has all the tools to be an unstoppable offensive player in the game. His overall combination of size, skill, athleticism, quickness etc. intrigues

How would you know what I watch and don't watch ? Besides Durant is averaging better than that for the enitre season.
    I don't care that you pick Durant over Oden, but the fact that you say he's not getting better is completely wrong. You either don't watch him or have some sort of active animosity towards him.

I don't care that you pick Durant over Oden, but the fact that you say he's not getting better is completely wrong. You either don't watch him or have some sort of active animosity towards him.
    Neither, I like Oden and think he will be an all-star center in the league for years, just not sure he's good enough offensively to carry a team.

Speak To Me Cleanly imjustlikemusiq's Avatar

Yeah everyone keeps forgetting Oden is also a freshman... just because he looks 38 years old doesnt mean he cant also develop his game, Oden has plenty of developmental potential too, Durant might be the more skillful player over time, BUT, Oden will be more successful, because a team with a legit. post presence has a better shot at getting to a finals then a team with a combo foward

Speak To Me Cleanly imjustlikemusiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
    Yeah everyone keeps forgetting Oden is also a freshman... just because he looks 38 years old doesnt mean he cant also develop his game, Oden has plenty of developmental potential too, Durant might be the more skillful player over time, BUT, Oden will be more successful, because a team with a legit. post presence has a better shot at getting to a finals then a team with a combo foward
    Essentially what im saying is, youre picking position over player, you want the Center over the Forward anyday

Neither, I like Oden and think he will be an all-star center in the league for years, just not sure he's good enough offensively to carry a team.
    Yeah, cause he's 18 years old without full function of his dominant hand, it's predetermined that he will never have a good to great offensive game. Save the backpedaling for later.

Yeah, cause he's 18 years old without full function of his dominant hand, it's predetermined that he will never have a good to great offensive game. Save the backpedaling for later.
    He's 19, and when have I backpeddled ? Just said I think Durant will be the better NBA player.

He's 19, and when have I backpeddled ? Just said I think Durant will be the better NBA player.
    Like I said, I don't care that you pick Durant over Oden, but you're wrong if you think Oden's not improving in college. Dead wrong. And that's the last time I'm going to address it for you.

why live??

Wang you forgot to add that he said Bynum is going to have a better career. What a moron.

Bynum had zero impact as a rookie, if Oden came straight out of high school to the NBA he'd be in for allstar consideration. Head and shoulders above Roy for Rookie of the year. Imagine Oden on Toronto, just imagine..... no team could crowd him like the do in college because the Raps have some dependable outside shooters, and a hi-low of Bosh and Oden would be damn scary. + I'm sure the Raptor players don't have a pet-aversion to feeding the post. I hate watching Ohio St because of the damn perimeter guys. Cook, Conly Jr, Lewis and that scrub freshman on the bench, I forget his name but I hate him with a passion.