Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Cavaliers Hold Players Only Meeting: Tempers Flare

Take ESPN articles with a grain of salt, but I do know last night was pretty frustrating to watch. Irving and Thompson looked completely frustrated a lot of the time, especially towards the end of the game. It looked like Thompson wanted to punch someone with how angry he looked.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are dealing with a three-game losing streak, and perhaps some chemistry problems within the locker room.

The Cavaliers held a players-only meeting following Wednesday's 29-point loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, multiple sources told ESPN.com. But the meeting got contentious, and players confronted each other, according to sources.

The Cavs lost Friday, 86-80, to the Charlotte Bobcats after squandering a 12-point second-half lead.

Cleveland, which has lost five of six games since starting the season 2-2, plays Saturday against the Washington Wizards.

In a loss at the Chicago Bulls on Monday, Cavs coach Mike Brown and star guard Kyrie Irving got into an exchange on the bench after Brown pulled Irving from the game.

The Cavaliers also have been making lineup changes recently, as several players' roles have been changing.

Irving is struggling, shooting just 38 percent from the field and 32 percent from 3-point range. He was just 5-of-16 shooting in the loss to the Bobcats.

Irving, who is averaging a team-leading 19.3 points and 7.2 assists, took to Twitter after Friday's loss.

"Tough times don't last, but tough people do." #keepmovingfoward

Cleveland could receive a boost Saturday from center Andrew Bynum, who is expected to return to the lineup after missing two games because of personal family reasons.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...s-only-meeting

Banned

Default Re: Cavaliers Hold Players Only Meeting: Tempers Flare

What is the point of "players only meeting" anyway? How does that not undermine the coach?

I know it's early in the season, but team chemistry is going to start with the coach and the tone he sets for the rest of the team and what he expects from his players and his players expect from him.

I still feel it was a mistake to higher him, so far even though it's early, it's not worked out. While his defensive strategy has been okay, we squander leads and our offense has been horrible. Yes, horrible.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Uncle Drew bout to body another coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    What is the point of "players only meeting" anyway? How does that not undermine the coach?
    Well in this case obviously it was to confront each other about what was going on. It didn't work, because they came out against the Bobcats after they already had the meeting, squandered a 10+ point lead at home and lost the game.

In other words ...mutiny?

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

I guess Kyrie is out of Cleveland next year.

Why is Irving playing like ass this year?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

It doesn't undermine the coach in any way.

Y'all tellin me you never had players only meetings when you played sports? Those never had anything to do with the coach, if anything they always signaled that we thought the coach was putting us in position to be successful but that the players themselves weren't getting the job done.

It's done to get a basic understanding among the players and to get on the same page. Time to focus in.

Welp, scratch off one team the Pistons have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    It doesn't undermine the coach in any way.

Y'all tellin me you never had players only meetings when you played sports? .
    nope.

NBA sixth man of the year

I remember when the Lakers held players only meetings weeks before Mike Brown got fired.

Cavs have been really disappointing. I projected them being as high as 4 seed in the East. They may not even make the playoffs the way things are going.

I can't believe you guys overpaid Earl Clark either, dude isn't playing like himself in Cleveland and should've stayed in LA with the Lakers.

Great college starter

Kyrie a headcase?

nthony Lima ‏@AnthonyLimaFAN 3h

I was attacked when I shared some behind-the-scenes stories of Kyrie last year. Pretty evident now I wasn't making stuff up
    Retweeted by Daryl Ruiter

Retweet
    Favorite

Expand
    Anthony Lima ‏@AnthonyLimaFAN 3h

If you don't think that contentious Cavs players' only meeting was a mutiny against Kyrie, you're fooling yourself. Players sick of his act
    Retweeted by Daryl Ruiter

https://twitter.com/AnthonyLimaFAN/s...05906952069120

https://twitter.com/AnthonyLimaFAN/s...05074995105792

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

im glad they are getting in each others' faces. they have been playing like sh*t.