Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: Derrick Rose for Joe Johnson is a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    This might be a good move for Chicago, provided they find a competent PG this summer. JJ expires this summer, whereas Rose expires in summer 2017. Chicago theoretically would open up quite a bit of cap space this summer.

However, if they don't get another scrap heap PG to make it through this season and then don't find somebody this summer, they could be in some trouble.
    It's a home run trade still though. People will be lining up to play with a dude like Butler in a city like Chicago. They'd be a very good free agent destination going forward.

They can find someone to come in and fill in for Rose...and they'll be a better team for it.

Many guys would make the Bulls a better team filling in for Rose so far this season. He's been a huge negative on this team...and clearly he and Butler don't see eye to eye.

There is always the chance he turns it around, but ugh...not much faith on that front...and rightfully so.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-21-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    14/3/6 43% TS 11.1 PER...

Sorry, that is ****ing garbage
    hmm. hes only played in 10 games. and the only 2 important games theyve had which were against cleveland and okc, he put up 18 and 6 and 29 and 8. both wins. doesnt sound like a garbage player to me. but hey, keep looking at your general stats from a 10 game sample size.

tell me about how "grueling" it is to win in the west last year again? retard.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    hmm. hes only played in 10 games. and the only 2 important games theyve had which were against cleveland and okc, he put up 18 and 6 and 29 and 8. both wins. doesnt sound like a garbage player to me. but hey, keep looking at your general stats from a 10 game sample size.

tell me about how "grueling" it is to win in the west last year again? retard.
    every game counts son. you calling someone names doesn't change how garbage he's been.

also, staying on the floor matters...if you can't stay on the floor...your value as a player drops

he's been utter garbage overall this year...you don't get to cherry pick a couple good games. those games are included in his overall play...and it's been terrible to date.

now, that doesn't mean it will continue, but my god...it's been a horrific start to the year for him

It's a home run trade still though. People will be lining up to play with a dude like Butler in a city like Chicago. They'd be a very good free agent destination going forward.

They can find someone to come in and fill in for Rose...and they'll be a better team for it.

Many guys would make the Bulls a better team filling in for Rose so far this season. He's been a huge negative on this team...and clearly he and Butler don't see eye to eye.

There is always the chance he turns it around, but ugh...not much faith on that front...and rightfully so.
    why exactly are you so high on butler? you do know his impact isnt as what you think it is. looking at games won and lost, when ever butler was the leading scorer for that game, the bulls are 3-3. when any other player was the leading scorer the bulls are 5-1. d rose is 2-2 when he is the leading scorer. butlers impact is a facade, especially when he averages 3 assist for 38 minutes. but what do you know, you are ignorant.

why exactly are you so high on butler? you do know his impact isnt as what you think it is. looking at games won and lost, when ever butler was the leading scorer for that game, the bulls are 3-3. when any other player was the leading scorer the bulls are 5-1. d rose is 2-2 when he is the leading scorer. butlers impact is a facade, especially when he averages 3 assist for 38 minutes. but what do you know, you are ignorant.
    i'm actually lower on Butler than a lot of people here...especially bulls fans

rose has nothing to do with butler....it's truly insane to even compare them...nobody but you and other rose stans think Rose is remotely close to Butler as a player so far this year

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

If this did happen, Nate here would then become a Nets fan.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    I think he's done too. In all ways.

The Media Day episode prior to this season said it all, and warned any future team of exactly what they're getting. Which is.....a selfish, shortsighted, lazy, has been, who is so socially and mentally crippled, that he is biologically unable to ever understand the fluidity and brotherhood of championship-level team sports on any level.

It just further reinforces how utterly, frustratingly stupid he is, that he didn't even attempt to be shrewd and guarding of this "I'm preparing for free agency in 2 years as my #1 priority this season). He just blurted it out on Media Day, like an oblivious @sshole. I think taj broke son's orbital bone on purpose, to let him know what everyone felt about him, in the only language which leaves no room for misinterpretation.

I think Rose will be traded in the last year of his contract, right before the deadline, for whatever they can get. And it won't be much, because anyone who knows anything knows Rose isn't gonna give any team or sponsor anything anymore, besides dissapointment, an unmarketable aspergers personality, and a dumb blank stare.
    this is some of the hardest hitting shit i read on this site ever

what exactly ahppened between rose and butler in the playoff game?

every game counts son. you calling someone names doesn't change how garbage he's been.

also, staying on the floor matters...if you can't stay on the floor...your value as a player drops

he's been utter garbage overall this year...you don't get to cherry pick a couple good games. those games are included in his overall play...and it's been terrible to date.

now, that doesn't mean it will continue, but my god...it's been a horrific start to the year for him
    every game counts as far as stats go so to you its important. i care about wins and which player helped win. if rose doesnt try his best or isnt into a game because its a gimme for the bulls where he can just create and involve his teammates, thats fine with me. i dont disagree with you that hes had some horrific stat games, some times hes been negative, mostly hes just has no effect. but hes had some great games, especially the one in indy where he put up 27 points and 6 assists shooting 50 percent. sorry but thats not a garbage player. whether you believe it or not, rose is still the best player on the team, and the most impactful, and guess what? hes is the winningest player on the bulls so far this season.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Should have traded Rose for Bledsoe when Phoenix and Bled hated each other

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    I think he's done too. In all ways.

The Media Day episode prior to this season said it all, and warned any future team of exactly what they're getting. Which is.....a selfish, shortsighted, lazy, has been, who is so socially and mentally crippled, that he is biologically unable to ever understand the fluidity and brotherhood of championship-level team sports on any level.

It just further reinforces how utterly, frustratingly stupid he is, that he didn't even attempt to be shrewd and guarding of this "I'm preparing for free agency in 2 years as my #1 priority this season). He just blurted it out on Media Day, like an oblivious @sshole. I think taj broke son's orbital bone on purpose, to let him know what everyone felt about him, in the only language which leaves no room for misinterpretation.

I think Rose will be traded in the last year of his contract, right before the deadline, for whatever they can get. And it won't be much, because anyone who knows anything knows Rose isn't gonna give any team or sponsor anything anymore, besides dissapointment, an unmarketable aspergers personality, and a dumb blank stare.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gev_Phjl764

every game counts as far as stats go so to you its important. i care about wins and which player helped win. if rose doesnt try his best or isnt into a game because its a gimme for the bulls where he can just create and involve his teammates, thats fine with me. i dont disagree with you that hes had some horrific stat games, some times hes been negative, mostly hes just has no effect. but hes had some great games, especially the one in indy where he put up 27 points and 6 assists shooting 50 percent. sorry but thats not a garbage player. whether you believe it or not, rose is still the best player on the team, and the most impactful, and guess what? hes is the winningest player on the bulls so far this season.
    but rose isn't helping them win...the Bulls are -1.7 points with Rose on the floor and 6.6 points better without Rose on the court.

he is not their best player so far....just stop it

Deron Williams is balling Bulls should try to trade for him.

but rose isn't helping them win...the Bulls are -1.7 points with Rose on the floor and 6.6 points better without Rose on the court.

he is not their best player so far....just stop it
    yo do you watch games or you watch box score and stat sheets? rose did win the OKC and IND game for the bulls, they were definitely losing those 2 if he wasnt playing. 2 definite games he won out of 10 games played.

Decent college freshman

I'd pull the trigger if this was presented, especially if Chicago can extract anything else out of Billy King.

I think that if they do this deal, they'd only have Butler/Gibson/Mirotic/MDJ on non-rookie deals. That assumes Gasol opts-out, which I imagine he does.

They can replace Rose's current production, likely without much trouble. They should be able to open enough room for 2 maxes + a small signing next summer.

I think the bigger question is why would Brooklyn do this trade for any reason other than to make it less likely to give Boston the #2 pick. This gives them like the #4 pick, maybe lol.

yo do you watch games or you watch box score and stat sheets? rose did win the OKC and IND game for the bulls, they were definitely losing those 2 if he wasnt playing. 2 definite games he won out of 10 games played.
    yo yo...he hasn't been their best player

I guess JVG was a troll the other day when he called Butler by far their best player....right?

i applauded and praised Rose for his game against OKC...it was great to watch...

problem is...you can't do that 1 every 5 or so games while being terrible the other games. that isn't helping a team enough...especially when you are making 20 plus million a year

his value is really really low for a team at his current level of play