Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Ibaka's injury does not give KD an excuse for not winning a ring

I'm not even sure why some of you are even discussing this. Ibaka being out is a huge blow for okc. He's PART of what makes them dangerous.

You don't just sit there and go "well you can insert player B for player A and they'll be fine"

Real life doesn't work that way lol

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    You know what the underlying BS to all these "no excuses" threads are?

If Durant doesn't win a title these kids can finally feel validated that their savior didn't win the MVP this year.

F*cking threads are swimming in agendas.

These threads have been popping up left and right ever since Durant for the MVP.

Christ you guys are petty
    In all honesty, if Durant had been balling out and balled out for the rest of the playoffs but didn't win, there would be nothing to be ashamed of.

However, if OKC loses close games and KD continues playing crappy as he has been most of the playoffs, then yeah. No excuse.

I'm not even sure why some of you are even discussing this. Ibaka being out is a huge blow for okc. He's PART of what makes them dangerous.

You don't just sit there and go "well you can insert player B for player A and they'll be fine"

Real life doesn't work that way lol

In a nutshell

And with this accurate post, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    In all honesty, if Durant had been balling out and balled out for the rest of the playoffs but didn't win, there would be nothing to be ashamed of.

However, if OKC loses close games and KD continues playing crappy as he has been most of the playoffs, then yeah. No excuse.

I can see that. One doesn't get a pass for playing like shit.

And with Ibaka out he HAS TO play big. If he shrinks away completely then you can sit there and talk about his game.

But to suggest that somehow Ibaka being out doesn't change anything? That's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    In a nutshell

And with this accurate post, I'm out.
    As much as you bitch about the minimal amount of bad calls in Miami games, it's weird that you seem to be completely silent about the insane officiating in OKC games.

I can see that. One doesn't get a pass for playing like shit.

And with Ibaka out he HAS TO play big. If he shrinks away completely then you can sit there and talk about his game.

But to suggest that somehow Ibaka being out doesn't change anything? That's crazy talk.
    If Durant plays mediocre, but OKC plays well enough to keep the games close, then yeah, it is on KD. In that situation, they would win if he plays well.

* Westbrook has no excuse

Durant is a sidekick

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    * Westbrook has no excuse

Durant is a sidekick
    This.

Decent college freshman

I don't expect the Thunder to win a title without Ibaka, as he's their best defender overall. However, I don't think people can line up the excuses for the Thunder prior to the series. Parker's hammy won't be 100% for each game in that series most likely and he's critical for the Spurs, and I haven't heard Spurs fans making excuses yet.

Durant has stepped up during this past regular season when a key player went down- if he wants to have a memorable playoff run, then he overpowers OKC past SAS. So far, he's been very lucky to get to WCF with playing awful (compared to normal standards) in what seems like half his playoff games. He's lucky Westbrook's "great" games have coincided with his terrible outings to keep them afloat at times.

If he plays amazing and OKC loses a tight, competitive series, I won't blame him entirely. However, LBJ went OFF vs. Indy once Bosh went down and was forced to carry Wade through most games in last year's playoffs. If Durant wants to surpass current LBJ, he's gonna need to prove it in the face of adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    As much as you bitch about the minimal amount of bad calls in Miami games, it's weird that you seem to be completely silent about the insane officiating in OKC games.

I have complained about it in other series too(Clippers v OKC), but let's not forget Miami has the best player in the game and huge marketability. There is more reason to influence Miami games than any other team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I have complained about it in other series too(Clippers v OKC), but let's not forget Miami has the best player in the game and huge marketability. There is more reason to influence Miami games than any other team in the league.
    There no reason to influence Miami games. They don't end it.