Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Ray Allen Wants Heat Or Clippers

“If the Celtics don’t pan out for Allen, Sports Illustrated’s NBA writer Chris Mannix was told that the Knicks and Heat are at the top of his list. But a source very familiar with Allen’s situation told ESPNNewYork.com that the Heat, as well as potentially the Clippers, will be more attractive to the five-time All-Star in the offseason because they’re top teams that can offer more than the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million. That will likely be the Knicks’ spending limit for free agents. “

Basically he'd also want Knicks but knows they can't afford him. Is Allen at this age/point even an upgrade to Billups? He struggled a lot in the playoffs.

Something for laughs BTW.... At the trade deadline Clippers were in talks for Ray Allen but the Celtics demanded Bledsoe+DeAndre+ 1st rounder. LMFAO.... Is Ainge out of his fu**ing mind? I'm sure the Clippers had a great laugh, told him to **** off and that they will just get him in free agency.

Default Re: Ray Allen Wants Heat Or Clippers

LeBron's team is where players go to die and get blamed for LeBron's failures.

Da Mavs

[QUOTE=Clippersfan86][B][I]

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Oh you're sure that's what they said, eh? Exactly, word for word? Or more like along those lines?

. No but seriously has Ainge went off the deep end? Declining 36 or 37 year old Ray Allen who's about to be an unrestricted free agent and they ask for Bledsoe+DJ+Pick? Bledsoe alone has a lot more value than Ray Allen at this point.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

[QUOTE=Clippersfan86][B][I]

The Heat need a center and a point guard, not a backup for Dwayne Wade. Now, if the Heat somehow trade Wade to get one of those pieces...Ray would slide right in to a team where he'd be blamed for not being good enough to get Lebron a ring.

Knicks would be a good move, but I hope he doesn't think Melo and Amar'e will be out there setting screens for him to get open.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    I'm pretty certain of 3 things: the trade conversation was Bledsoe + a 1st + filler for Ray, Ray is almost certainly NOT signing back with Boston, and he will be back much better next year (without ankle spurs) than he was in the playoffs.
    "The Clippers inquired about Allen at the trade deadline, but Boston asked for Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan and a future first-round pick. The Clippers instantly balked at the asking price, preferring to pursue Allen as a free agent."

http://clippers.ocregister.com/2012/...-the-clippers/

Bledsoe has more value league wide than Allen by himself. Not to mention they demanded a starting center with upside and a 1st rounder. Crack smoke offer.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    . No but seriously has Ainge went off the deep end? Declining 36 or 37 year old Ray Allen who's about to be an unrestricted free agent and they ask for Bledsoe+DJ+Pick? Bledsoe alone has a lot more value than Ray Allen at this point.
    Ainge doesn't want DeAndre Jordan for 3 years on that contract. No thanks. He'd have been used for another trade, probably to the Warriors or Rockets.

NBA lottery pick

He'd be more suited just signing with the Clippers instead of the Heat. Unless he wants to be blamed for potential shortcomings of a championship.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

If Ray goes to the Heat, . Considering he was playing for the Celtics for 5 seasons, and Celtics-Heat being a nice rivalry for a few of those runs/seasons, I'm not sure what to really say.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Thumbs down Re: Ray Allen Wants Heat Or Clippers

The title should be "Ray Allen wants Knicks or Heat, with Clippers as an afterthought"

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Something for laughs BTW.... At the trade deadline Clippers were in talks for Ray Allen but the Celtics demanded Bledsoe+DeAndre+ 1st rounder. LMFAO.... Is Ainge out of his fu**ing mind? I'm sure the Clippers had a great laugh, told him to **** off and that they will just get him in free agency.
    Thank god that trade didn't happen

Deandre has 1 of the worst contracts in the league and as a player he is the same as Ryan Hollins whom the Celtics signed for the minimum. Oh and Hollins is a better free throw shooter

Bledsoe for Celtics doesn't make any sense since we have Bradley who is an upgrade over Bledsoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

The title should be "Ray Allen wants Knicks or Heat, with Clippers as an afterthought"
    [B][SIZE="4"]But a source very familiar with Allen

Ray was playing hurt the entire playoffs. He had bone spurs and that shyt is painful. Surgery will clean that up and he should be more effective next season. He literally came back midway through the first round and what do you expect him to do? Come back in 100% form?

Clippers would be lucky to get his services.

I saw this report. First of all always take a "sources very familiar with his situation" story because that's a way for a writer to get away with passing speculation for news. But it makes a lot of sense. The Clips are perfect for Ray. He'd essentially play Chauncey's role but he's more of a true SG.

I don't see Miami giving Ray their tax payer's MLE. They have 3 similar back ups to their 2 best players already and should go for a big man. Also Ray in Miami gets under-utilized. I promise. Mike Miller and James Jones both became much worse there and the same would happen to Ray. I know he's better than the them, but he's also old.

Also, I wouldn't count NY out. He fits perfectly, he'd get a big role (probably start) and maybe get big minutes (especially early on with Shump out). If we win the union case, then we'd get money to throw at him. But even if we don't, I'd say there's an outside shot.

Chicago actually would be the favorite if Rose wasn't injured... but he is, so I can't see either side really seeing the same appeal.

And regarding that trade. Wow. Ainge really tried to get away with a steal. I would've guessed Boston would be the one giving up a pick(s) in a Deandre- Ray swap! Let alone ask LAC to give picks and Bledsoe!