Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Thunder Fans Must Realize

Thunder fans should accept the bitterness of the true Sonics fans right now.

OKC=Originally King County

Banned

Default Re: Thunder Fans Must Realize

It would def. be way cooler if it was still the sonics. thunder is the most wnba type ish ever.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

We don't give two shits, dude. We really don't.

And don't misinterpret that as we don't feel for Sonics fans. I feel awful for them. But I root for the Thunder, not for Clay Bennett. I root for Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden, not Aubrey McClendon.

For what it's worth, you look like an awfully bitter child for hating on this team's fans so much. They did nothing wrong.

This is such an annoying argument. And I'm not saying that Seattle fans shouldn't be bitter... but OKC and their fans did nothing wrong. I mean, somebody was gonna get the team anyways. You can hate Bennett, Stern and all those business men for unfairly taking away a beloved, historic franchise to earn more money... but don't hate the OKC fans, they really don't owe you anything besides a meaningless, "sorry guys it sucks for you but we didn't do anything."

I guess it's like being mad at an ex's new boyfriend because they stole your girl (and in this case, she broke up with you). Sure, you could be mad about it... but you don't have a legit reason to hate the new boyfriend.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Seattle deserves a team and that OKC's fans get waaaayyyy over-rated... I mean, let's see how they root for this team when they're losing and not new.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    This is such an annoying argument. And I'm not saying that Seattle fans shouldn't be bitter... but OKC and their fans did nothing wrong. I mean, somebody was gonna get the team anyways. You can hate Bennett, Stern and all those business men for unfairly taking away a beloved, historic franchise to earn more money... but don't hate the OKC fans, they really don't owe you anything besides a meaningless, "sorry guys it sucks for you but we didn't do anything"

And this is coming from someone who thinks OKC's fans get waaaayyyy over-rated... I mean, let's see how they root for this team when they're losing and not new.
    The thunder fans arent overrated at all. those freaks are standing and cheering like its the 4th qtr. With 5 seconds left on the shot clock when their team is down by double digits. example, game 6 of the WCF.

Banned

I had legit goosebumps when perkins sealed the game with that dunk. ive never heard a louder arena.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    I had legit goosebumps when perkins sealed the game with that dunk. ive never heard a louder arena.
    They're actually a throw-back to when Fans cared, and didn't sit on their hands or on their phones expecting to just be handed a victory night after night. Any player will tell you hyped crowd also gets them hyped to play.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    The Kings fans from the early 00's were as loud if not louder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    The Kings fans from the early 00's were as loud if not louder.
    True. also the 90's jazz fans were loud too. okc fans bring it back old school.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Lakers Legend is a bit of a loner, the one sonic fan wolfpack.

poor guy

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    This is such an annoying argument. And I'm not saying that Seattle fans shouldn't be bitter... but OKC and their fans did nothing wrong. I mean, somebody was gonna get the team anyways. You can hate Bennett, Stern and all those business men for unfairly taking away a beloved, historic franchise to earn more money... but don't hate the OKC fans, they really don't owe you anything besides a meaningless, "sorry guys it sucks for you but we didn't do anything."

I guess it's like being mad at an ex's new boyfriend because they stole your girl (and in this case, she broke up with you). Sure, you could be mad about it... but you don't have a legit reason to hate the new boyfriend.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Seattle deserves a team and that OKC's fans get waaaayyyy over-rated... I mean, let's see how they root for this team when they're losing and not new.
    Stupidest argument people keep repeating, claiming we can't be happy for the success because the Thunder weren't bad for long enough first. Don't get mad at us, blame other GMs for not drafting as well, or KD/Russ/Ibaka/Harden/Green for improving so quickly

Of the 18,203 seats in Chesapeake Energy Arena, 14,000 (where they capped it) are season tickets. There is a waiting list for season tickets that is over 2,500 names long last I asked and most of those people wanting more than 1 ticket. We literally pay the 2nd highest markup between face value and resale value (just google right now and look at people charging $400 for $41 top of the arena tickets, the main reason to have season tickets btw).

Ignoring that Presti is a Godly GM and it seems unlikely we will go through a large amount of time of losing, even if so, people would recognize them for the positive impact they've made to the city.

For all the Thunder do in the community alone, they could go 3-29 again and there would still be a butt in every seat and they'd be local heroes.

People wake up at 2AM to go cheer them on arrival from the other side of the fence at the airport after road playoff games.
    http://www.twitvid.com/HI5HA

OS and OSU are still big here, but they have been largely replaced by the Thunder.

Great college starter

**** Yo Thunder Clown.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

eliminated your Spurs

It believe having a young exciting team with Kevin Durrant as the leader makes up any shady business deals Bennett did to move the franchise in the first place.

If you're rooting for the Thunder to fail based on the owner, than that's not enough of a reason. OKC has good fans and that move definately helped out that area, all be it at seattle's expense. It's a bit hypocritical for fans to call for desolving four to six nba franchises when they get butt hurt about one team relocating.

Sonics fans need to get over themselves. Its indisputable that Oklahoma City is providing a much higher level of support for their team than Seattle ever did.

If this weren't the case, Bennett would never have had the opportunity to come in and steal the team. It doesn't matter what his motives were, or whether he lied. Had local Seattle businessmen and elected officials come correct, he never would have had the chance. I applaud his business savvy for sensing weakness, and making his move.

Watch the Sonicsgate documentary. Its both revealing and pathetic at the same time.