Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: NBA prospects predict their '2K' ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think Crimzon's right. 2K's ratings may sound strict but I think it has more to do with their switch over to a 25-99 scale a few years ago (in contrast to their former 50-99 scale), so some numbers that sound low or strict really aren't, we're just accustomed to them standing for a different value.

In 2K12, the only top ten pick to be rated in the 50's was Bismack Biyombo and he, along with Nikola Vucevic and Cory Jospeph, were the only players drafted in the first round to have overall ratings below 60 (at the beginning of the year. I don't know where they finished).

Here's a full look of what the 2K12 rookie slate looked like (before the season began):

Last year was considered a "weak draft" so it's no surprise the ratings are low. Throughout the year they increased the players ratings anyways for example, Kyrie became an 80, Shumpert became a 77 (also moved his primary position to SG instead of PG)

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: NBA prospects predict their '2K' ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Damn, I never have seen an interview from him before. Never knew this. I feel like an A$$ now. Hell of a player though.
    Bill Simmons actually made fun of MKG's draft night interview in his original Draft Diary. When he was almost immediately alerted that he has a speech impediment, he edited it out and put an apology in there.

I'm surprised more people didn't know. I guess I overestimate the number of real college basketball followers there are out there. Then again, maybe I wouldn't be following these guys as closely if I didn't have a major interest with the Cavs having such high picks the last couple of years.