Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: How come players with big muscles can't be good shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    How come all the really good shooters have to be skinny..... Why can't buff guys be good shooters?
    MJ had un-humanly buffed legs. Theres a picture of his legs around somewhere where you see a part of his calf, that is not supposed to be seen That is how jacked his legs were.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I don't need to read a book. Black people are naturally more athletic, well no ****ing shit lol. But they are not naturally stronger than white people. Often black kids have to work a lot harder than white kids do, but if we took 100 white kids, 100 black kids and put them in the same encironment the split of strength between the 200 kids would be 50/50.
    Hahaha hell nah more like 65/35

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

because they are in the weight room more then they are practicing free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I explained it in post above. European muscle tissue has the advantage of endurance and strengthwheras African muscle tissue has muscle designed more for quickness.
    When it comes to power lifting, strength is the main key, hence the domination by Europeans.

Africans dominate the world of distance running FYI.....and some of the strongest men in the world are black....I'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Africans dominate the world of distance running FYI.....and some of the strongest men in the world are black....I'm just saying
    Weightlifting and strongman competitions are dominated by white Europeans, particularly from the Balkan areas. They are genetically better for exercises involving lifting, pulling, etc over a extended period of time.
    American blacks are generally good for power exercises such as sprinting, jumping and explosive lifting.
    Distance running is completely different once again. That's reducing muscle mass and not needing the ridiculous amount of oxygen needed for the muscle bound freaks, thus able to continue running for further.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    There's no point to "just saying" Biology says that Africans have the best twitch muscles of any race, and the europeans have more of a strength based muscle tissue.

Hmm, David Suzuki or an ISH poster.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I think you're looking at this correlation backwards:

I think the shooters spend more time develpoing muscles that allow for them to shoot well.

I think the guys with big muscles are that way because they developed that to help what they do.

For example: Chuck Hayes can't shoot because he doesn't focus on developing that part of his game.

He is enormous because he's an enforcing player.

He is not a bad shooter because he is enormous.

I didn't word it right but do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I think you're looking at this correlation backwards:

I think the shooters spend more time develpoing muscles that allow for them to shoot well.

I think the guys with big muscles are that way because they developed that to help what they do.

For example: Chuck Hayes can't shoot because he doesn't focus on developing that part of his game.

He is enormous because he's an enforcing player.

He is not a bad shooter because he is enormous.

I didn't word it right but do you get it?
    I guess I see what you are saying. Cool avatar bro.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    I guess I see what you are saying. Cool avatar bro.
    Gotta dig the Living Tribunal.

I just think it's a matter of circumstance. Not a cause.

The African runners have been running since they where small children and this has been going on for generations. They come mostly from certain parts of Africa where they have a long ways to get to school and everything is away from their home. They have no other way to get around than by running. Kenya for example develop a huge number of mid to long distance runners.

It's not about muscles affecting your shot. The more muscle tissue you have, the harder your heart has to work to get blood to all of that muscle, so bigger muscles = fatigue faster(generally speaking). Since basketball is a sport that requires a lot of running, this means that the best basketball players are usually skinny. The best basketball players are usually good shooters too. So they are mostly skinny and good shooters. It's also harder to put on mass when you have long limbs like that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're huge, you probably won't reach elite level basketball, and it will be for reasons other than your shooting such as height or conditioning.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

Having gone from 150 pound shooter to 210 pounds with less shot but more game, i can say that the main reason my shooting dropped came down to my chest widening my arms and stropping me from easily bringing my shooting arm under the ball as we are all taught to do. The harder time u have tucking, the more squirelly the shot will be. Just like in pool. If you bring the cue in on an angle it messes up the shot.

</thread>
    Last edited by chains5000; 03-31-2010 at 03:56 AM.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    What you're labelling athletcism is the effect of fast twich muscle fibres. African Americans have more of those, which gives them better explosiveness and quickness, which is what you think athleticism is. Europeans build slow twitch muscle fibres which give more strength and endurance and that's why most hockey players are European.

African Americans looking leaner has nothing to do with muscle. They have higher metabolic rates than Europeans, so they have much less fat tissue in their bodies so their muscles show easier through the skin.

That's all factual if you care to listen. If you're going to reply with something like "go read" then there's no point in arguing with someone who denies facts.
    oh okay. that explains why most marathon winners are Kenyan.

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    There's no point to "just saying" Biology says that Africans have the best twitch muscles of any race, and the europeans have more of a strength based muscle tissue.

Hmm, David Suzuki or an ISH poster.
    I was 'just saying' or making a counter point to your statement that Europeans have better slow twitch fibers which allows for better endurance.

Which, at first glance, looks iffy because as I said almost all the great marathon runners are African.

Also, [for example] you could say that whites are the best at hockey and ice skating...but is it because of genetics or because ppl that don't particularly care for the cold don't participate?