Banned

Default does anyone actually have faith in exum?

Hes played about three games against capable competition. I feel like the pick is a massive gamble.
    Hes definitely fast though. I think its worth looking up the 10 or so minutes he played against team USA. He did pretty awful.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: does anyone actually have faith in exum?

Sounds like he's got a lot of potential and their new coach is supposed to be good at player development. I'm not expecting anything right away. Maybe he needs to play big minutes for their D-League team. But hopefully he'll be their next star. If he's not they might not have much to look forward to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Hes played about three games against capable competition. I feel like the pick is a massive gamble.
    Hes definitely fast though. I think its worth looking up the 10 or so minutes he played against team USA. He did pretty awful.
    He's got that boom or bust potential, but that's the point. They're swinging for the fences on him, rather than taking another guy who'd likely be good, but not great.

And yea, if Corbin was still coach I'd be slightly worried, but Snyder has at least said all the right things about developing the kids.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    He's got that boom or bust potential, but that's the point. They're swinging for the fences on him, rather than taking another guy who'd likely be good, but not great.

And yea, if Corbin was still coach I'd be slightly worried, but Snyder has at least said all the right things about developing the kids.
    He doesnt have any experience against capable players. If they took someone who had potential Id be fine. Thats not what they did. They took a guy no one knows anything about except hes fast. He might be good, but that doesnt save it from being a stupid pick.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    He doesnt have any experience against capable players. If they took someone who had potential Id be fine. Thats not what they did. They took a guy no one knows anything about except hes fast. He might be good, but that doesnt save it from being a stupid pick.
    He's played internationally against capable guys his age. Rather that will translate to this level remains to be seen.

Banned

He played very very poorly against the US, and international under 19 teams aren't really worth much of anything. Excluding the US of course.

Learning to shoot layups

He has the potential to be like Bledsoe.

I see him more as another potential multi dimensional wing size guy like Hayward, Burks and Hood not necessarily a pg.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I see him more as another potential multi dimensional wing size guy like Hayward, Burks and Hood not necessarily a pg.
    Hmm.

I would still take that, as long as Hayward and Exum can play together in a starting lineup longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00
    Hmm.

I would still take that, as long as Hayward and Exum can play together in a starting lineup longterm.
    Exum has a long way to go before he's ahead of Hood and Burks in pecking order