Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: i need help with my homework :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Dumbass.
    What's wrong old man? Don't know the answer? Thought you were a genius

I'm not the idiot that can't even do his school chemistry homework

Don't you have a textbook? Why don't you try learning something instead of asking people on ISH to do your work for you?

코비=GOAT

The real answer in conjunction with the orbital notation and electron bookkeeping mentioned earlier is iron's nearest noble gas configurations are too far away. Even though the octet or the ground state is the lowest energy that iron can form(orabbus made a mistake, transition metals include multiple subshells in its valence; in iron's case both the d and s subshell are included in its valence), there are other low states of energy iron can take. These Fe 2+ and Fe 3+ cations form because it takes less energy to lose 2 or 3 electrons then to gain 8 or 10 electrons. Now which form is likely to exist depends on other factors like nearby electron sinks and sources, temperature, etc.
    Last edited by shlver; 02-14-2014 at 01:23 AM.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Banned

To all you morons telling little Jameer the answers to his little Science problem. DO YOU REALLY THINK TELLING HIM THE ANSWERS WILL HELP HIM SUCCEED IN THE LONG RUN!!?? Think about it, All you're doing is giving him the answers instead of letting him be a man, and figure it out himself. I for one knew the answer to this but decided not to give it why? Because I care about Jameer, he needs to face these kinds of problems ALONE or he'll never grow into a real man

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    To all you morons telling little Jameer the answers to his little Science problem. DO YOU REALLY THINK TELLING HIM THE ANSWERS WILL HELP HIM SUCCEED IN THE LONG RUN!!?? Think about it, All you're doing is giving him the answers instead of letting him be a man, and figure it out himself. I for one knew the answer to this but decided not to give it why? Because I care about Jameer, he needs to face these kinds of problems ALONE or he'll never grow into a real man

You are right, but let's be real. What's the first thing anyone does in college when they have a chemistry/math/physics problem? If it's not in the back of the book they google it or look for a site that has the answer

There's always the possibility he will blindly copy the answer without thinking about why it is the answer. Hopefully though, seeing the answer to this one problem will help tie some concepts together, and make him think about this problem. plus I'm sure he has other hw problems.

Had he scanned his HW or asked like 5 questions, I wouldn't have answered. Since he only asked one single question I'm hoping he has the rest of it done and just needed this last one to complete it. If that's not the case the other guys and me are def not helping though haha

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    The real answer in conjunction with the orbital notation and electron bookkeeping mentioned earlier is iron's nearest noble gas configurations are too far away. Even though the octet or the ground state is the lowest energy that iron can form(orabbus made a mistake, transition metals include multiple subshells in its valence; in iron's case both the d and s subshell are included in its valence), there are other low states of energy iron can take. These Fe 2+ and Fe 3+ cations form because it takes less energy to lose 2 or 3 electrons then to gain 8 or 10 electrons. Now which form is likely to exist depends on other factors like nearby electron sinks and sources, temperature, etc.

Good catch, why is that again? Is it just because they are so similar in energy it's equally likely to remove an electron from either subshell?

This shit seems easy compared to second term gen chem. We're doing calculations for enthalpy change in reactions. It gets really confusing trying visualize whether the system is absorbing or losing energy.

I didn't know that water has a different boiling point depending on elevation. For example the boiling point of water in Denver is lower than a city at sea level.

I also just learned that when a solid (like ice) is transitioning for a solid to a liquid the temperature of the solid doesn't change. It's the same until it is completely liquefied. Only then can the substance increase in temperature. Chemistry is a fascinating subject.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This shit seems easy compared to second term gen chem. We're doing calculations for enthalpy change in reactions. It gets really confusing trying visualize whether the system is absorbing or losing energy.

I didn't know that water has a different boiling point depending on elevation. For example the boiling point of water in Denver is lower than a city at sea level.

I also just learned that when a solid (like ice) is transitioning for a solid to a liquid the temperature of the solid doesn't change. It's the same until it is completely liquefied. Only then can the substance increase in temperature. Chemistry is a fascinating subject.
    Remember that altitude changes pressure which pretty much changes everything.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Yeah, boiling is essentially when vapor pressure = atmospheric pressure so boiling point changes when you change altitude due to pressure changes.

Banned

You guys still believe this dudes a kid?

Good job on helping a 40 year old pedo with his imaginary homework #feelsgoodman

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    D-Rose had someone else take his SAT........now he makes 20 Mil. a year

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    D-Rose had someone else take his SAT........now he makes 20 Mil. a year

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    You guys still believe this dudes a kid?

Good job on helping a 40 year old pedo with his imaginary homework #feelsgoodman

lol at Gasol is goat getting heated. I just took the test on this stuff today. I think I did good.