Default Haitians are urging people not to give money to American Red Cross

[quote]Trust in organisation badly shaken by reports donations were squandered

As the death count after Hurricane Matthew approaches 900 and reports of deadly cholera outbreaks begin to surface, Haitians have sent out desperate pleas for help.

Government officials estimate at least 350,000 people needed assistance after the devastating storm.

Yet accompanying many requests for aid comes a warning

Default Re: Haitians are urging people not to give money to American Red Cross

Good to know.

I guess I will just donate to the clinton foundation instead, I hear they have done a lot of great work in Haiti!

Don't donate to Haiti period. Corruption on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Don't donate to Haiti period. Corruption on every level.

Non-profits are the biggest scams in the business world. Don't pay taxes. Pocket half the donations in the form of salaries. Did you know the NFL was a non-profit organization until last year? Just shows you how backwards the system is.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

We've been donating to Haiti for years now and they're still eating dirt....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ

Haitian Goverment takes the money for themselves

It's not worth helping a country that doesn't want to help its own people.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Non-profits are the biggest scams in the business world. Don't pay taxes. Pocket half the donations in the form of salaries. Did you know the NFL was a non-profit organization until last year? Just shows you how backwards the system is.
    Sounds like places of worship. Especially those mega churches like Joel Olsteen.

Poor Haiti, always getting taken advantage of. When they sent the UN there to protect the people from civil unrest, the communities they patrolled were alarmed at the sheer amount of light skinned babies being born to young mothers after they left.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    We've been donating to Haiti for years now and they're still eating dirt....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ

That's just awful.

I will remember this video next time I'm having a bad day.

Always avoid the Red Cross. Always.

Katrina taught us this lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    Poor Haiti, always getting taken advantage of. When they sent the UN there to protect the people from civil unrest, the communities they patrolled were alarmed at the sheer amount of light skinned babies being born to young mothers after they left.
    Not to mention they gave them Maleria.

The world has fukked Haiti many times over. That's what you get for being the first independent Black Republic.

Haiti always getting fcked

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

I did not know, wtf? How could that be?