Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New wallet - suggestions?

What does everyone on here have/suggest? Time for an update on my end. Was having a look around in Japan while I was there, and prices are far better than Australia, so I might get my friend to pick up one on the way back since he stayed behind a little longer.

Saw a particular Mont Blanc design that seemed to be really nice. I know they make pens, but can anyone comment on their leather goods?
    Something along the lines of this I think it was:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...FYNjvAodlTsDZA

Another one that was around the same price, and also similar design from Salvatore Ferragamo:
    http://www.ferragamo.com/shop/en/uk/...14691233708100

With them, I know they are known for their leather goods, unlike Mont Blanc. Though from reading on the internet, and direct comparisons, people seem to favour Mont Blanc for some reason? Anyone that has had both that can comment?

The misses is keen on me getting a LV wallet, but not nearly a fan of the design as much, and just judging by build and quality, it wasn't any better in the hand than the other two.

Any other brands to look out for? Or specific models?

Jordan Stopper

Default Re: New wallet - suggestions?

Bit too showy for me. I like the colourway though. Gucci has some funky stuff.

if you're getting anything gucci, get some gucci flip flops

This girl got me a Tommy Hilfiger wallet and it was nice. Something simple, sub $100, brown. Anything exceeding that much is dumb.

LV has the best quality. Gucci, Prada, etc falls apart

Good college starter

Buy a 5-10 Walet that has your desired pockets from your local supermarket

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What does everyone on here have/suggest? Time for an update on my end. Was having a look around in Japan while I was there, and prices are far better than Australia, so I might get my friend to pick up one on the way back since he stayed behind a little longer.

Saw a particular Mont Blanc design that seemed to be really nice. I know they make pens, but can anyone comment on their leather goods?
    Something along the lines of this I think it was:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...FYNjvAodlTsDZA

Another one that was around the same price, and also similar design from Salvatore Ferragamo:
    http://www.ferragamo.com/shop/en/uk/...14691233708100

With them, I know they are known for their leather goods, unlike Mont Blanc. Though from reading on the internet, and direct comparisons, people seem to favour Mont Blanc for some reason? Anyone that has had both that can comment?

The misses is keen on me getting a LV wallet, but not nearly a fan of the design as much, and just judging by build and quality, it wasn't any better in the hand than the other two.

Any other brands to look out for? Or specific models?
    Montblanc has been making leather goods since the 20s, dude. They make high quality goods at reasonable prices (for that type of brand, that is). Furthermore, most of their products they have a serious and professional look to them, unlike the tacky stuff that Vuitton, Gucci and others consistently put out. I have a very similar wallet to the one in the picture, and it's very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Montblanc has been making leather goods since the 20s, dude. They make high quality goods at reasonable prices (for that type of brand, that is). Furthermore, most of their products they have a serious and professional look to them, unlike the tacky stuff that Vuitton, Gucci and others consistently put out. I have a very similar wallet to the one in the picture, and it's very well made.
    I didn't realise they went that far back with the leather goods. I know they're a very reputable brand that has been trying to crack the market on a bigger scale, but that is good to hear.

By all means, I thought the Mont Blanc and Ferragamo ones were a notch above the LV one in terms of quality. Vuitton I don't have experience with, but Gucci does tend to fall apart easily, but I do like a lot of their designs. Not so much in terms of quality, but patterns. Don't like how a lot of their stuff isn't leather though.

Mont Blanc or Ferragamo both a good choice? I was leaning towards the Mont Blanc. They're the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I didn't realise they went that far back with the leather goods. I know they're a very reputable brand that has been trying to crack the market on a bigger scale, but that is good to hear.

By all means, I thought the Mont Blanc and Ferragamo ones were a notch above the LV one in terms of quality. Vuitton I don't have experience with, but Gucci does tend to fall apart easily, but I do like a lot of their designs. Not so much in terms of quality, but patterns. Don't like how a lot of their stuff isn't leather though.

Mont Blanc or Ferragamo both a good choice? I was leaning towards the Mont Blanc. They're the same price.
    Ferragamo is always good quality, but their logo tends to be too big and too attention-drawing for my liking. One of the best leather goods manufacturer is also Bottega Veneta, but it's a bit expensive.
    Vuitton I don't like at all, they make tacky, overpriced stuff. Gucci is hit or miss: sometimes their designs are brilliant, sometimes they're gaudy as hell. Furthermore, they do a lot of brand licensing so the build quality of the licensed products (most of their complements) is often very poor for the price.

Montblanc is very much to my liking in everything but watches. They are so-so in that regard, but anything else by them is a safe purchase. This is my wallet below btw.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

I've used a Burberry wallet for the past 10 years.. still in great shape too

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Someone told me Fossil manufactures for high end brands. I have a fossil wallet. It has served me well for 20 years

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Can't believe people spend that kind of money on a wallet.

My boy made me a money clip I use that mainly

Gucci has quality leather. I have their brown "signature" wallet. I spilled some water on it a while back and it didn't weather the leather at all.

Only problem with a $300 wallet is that you now have to carry $300+ cash in your wallet with you at all times. ..Because you can't have less money in your wallet than your wallet is actually worth..

Banned

Tons of wallets that hold phone, cards and cash that are on the market.

I suggest getting one of those.