Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Has the term hipster evolved?

Meh, the trend in craft beers, experimental cocktails, creative restuarants, etc that you will find in every big city has a lot to do with hipsters going crazy over that stuff. I'm completely fine with tolerating a handful of obnoxious try-hards if I get to enjoy some of the stuff catered to that demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Bud light is worse tasting shit than horse piss and even worse, isn't it only like 2% alchohol? Why voluntarily choose to drink that garbage?
    Pretty sure it's 4.5 like 90% of any other beers. And actually it was just mentioned one more reason my friend drinks it. Calories. It's the most widely available "low-calorie" beer. It's mainstream as **** and America is mostly fat. It's the go to beer for most people in America, it's at every ball park basketball arena and football stadium, and pretty much at every bar that's why my friend instinctively asked. You drink a lot of it, get drunk, and in theory it's better/cheaper to drink in quantity than if you chugged a bunch of something else.

Aren't you from Canada? Don't know if it's the same by you but there's a huge drinking problem in U.S. People are conditioned in the U.S. since their late teens to get trashed on cheap alcohol. Not all of us grow out of that phase, nor affinity for the cheap low calorie beers like Bud/Miller/Coors.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Bud light is worse tasting shit than horse piss and even worse, isn't it only like 2% alchohol? Why voluntarily choose to drink that garbage?
    it's generally the same % alcohol as most...again, people drink light beer to get drunk

no one wants to slam down a 12 pack of raspberry dark winter ale...

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Six months ago someone made this same thread. Someone posted that same stupid pic of Kravitz. Hater and Cavs told the same story, and Macho had the same (correct) response.

You don't walk into Minibar and ask for a grilled cheese.
    What's that supposed to mean DW? I didn't realize that me having an opinion on a subject was deemed "incorrect"
    Also I don't get why it is wrong for me and CavsFTW to have an opinion but you who's only posts are to nitpick, disagree, or belittle someone is acceptable?
    I like you DW, but smarten up.

Plus that was the first time I've shared that story. I made a comment in that thread you linked, but it was just an observation.
    Last edited by hateraid; 05-15-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    it's generally the same % alcohol as most...again, people drink light beer to get drunk

no one wants to slam down a 12 pack of raspberry dark winter ale...
    There is normal beer that isn't rasberry dark winter ale and not shit miller and bud lite, which is like 2.5% No excuses to put that shit in to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    They serve it at every sports stadium in the country... so why didn't this weird bar have it??
    It's just like those organic grocery stores. It's against the concept but they still have to stock conventional items that appeal to mass market. You can't completely kill off that revenue stream. the place wouldn't be kept alive if they depended on such a little revenue stream. Bars are expensive to keep open.
    Bud and Bud light are the most consumed beers in NA. I don't drink them personally, but the majority of the drinking population does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Pretty sure it's 4.5 like 90% of any other beers. And actually it was just mentioned one more reason my friend drinks it. Calories. It's the most widely available "low-calorie" beer. It's mainstream as **** and America is mostly fat. It's the go to beer for most people in America, it's at every ball park basketball arena and football stadium, and pretty much at every bar that's why my friend instinctively asked. You drink a lot of it, get drunk, and in theory it's better/cheaper to drink in quantity than if you chugged a bunch of something else.

Aren't you from Canada? Don't know if it's the same by you but there's a huge drinking problem in U.S. People are conditioned in the U.S. since their late teens to get trashed on cheap alcohol. Not all of us grow out of that phase, nor affinity for the cheap low calorie beers like Bud/Miller/Coors.
    I'm from America. That's how I know how shitty Bud and Miller Lite taste. I have actually drunk that garbage before.

US alchohol problem is not that huge as you think. I live in England and what is normal here would be considered alchoholic behavior back home. In US there's a culture of lameasses counting their drinks and bragging about it the next day/ "I drank 3 buds, 5 shots of jaeger, 3 tequila shots, then a vodka redbull holy shit dude I was so smashed brah!" Also the beercans in the US are tiny compared to UK ones.

Non-shit cheap beer does exist. Bud lite and miller lite are horse piss beers.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 05-15-2015 at 02:03 PM.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

There is normal beer that isn't rasberry dark winter ale and not shit miller and bud lite, which is like 2.5% No excuses to put that shit in to your body.
    Why would someone choose Marlboros over a expensive cigars?

Pretty much the same reason someone would choose light beer over good beer...it's cheap, gives them their alcohol fix.

people drink light beer for the alcohol only...people drink craft beer for the good stuff that is mixed in with the alcohol.

Banned

Pretty much the same reason someone would choose light beer over good beer...it's cheap, gives them their alcohol fix.

people drink light beer for the alcohol only...people drink craft beer for the good stuff that is mixed in with the alcohol.
    In the US isn't there such a thing as normal beer that isn't 'lite' or 'craft' or did they stop selling that?

People don't choose marlboros over cigars because it's cheaper lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Meh, the trend in craft beers, experimental cocktails, creative restuarants, etc that you will find in every big city has a lot to do with hipsters going crazy over that stuff. I'm completely fine with tolerating a handful of obnoxious try-hards if I get to enjoy some of the stuff catered to that demo.
    The demographics have changed now to where it's not created with quality in mind but to take advantage of certain markets. They are popping up everywhere now because they know it's a new revenue stream that's hot. It's actually fairly easy to brew your own beer now. There is no craftsmanship behind it. Just make a beer, throw in an obscure flavor. Name the brand after your pet budgie, and voila, you are now a brewmaster. The hipsters eat this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The demographics have changed now to where it's not created with quality in mind but to take advantage of certain markets. They are popping up everywhere now because they know it's a new revenue stream that's hot. It's actually fairly easy to brew your own beer now. There is no craftsmanship behind it. Just make a beer, throw in an obscure flavor. Name the brand after your pet budgie, and voila, you are now a brewmaster. The hipsters eat this shit up.
    Yeah, but there is going to be good and bad products in every market. It's not like riding a trend to make money off the average consumer is unique to craft beer.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

I appreciate good tasting beers, and I like to try different kinds. But the tidal wave of pretention that has overtaken the microbrew industry is pretty embarrassing.

Banned

yeh microbrews are lame too. Went to a pub serving chocolate flavored beer for 12 pounds a pint on tap-WTF is that shit

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    So what's your definition of a hipster then?

To those who seem super annoyed by hipsters

"I cant define it, but I know it when I see it."