Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Josh Smith Calls Faried a Clown: "He fears me, he's scared of me."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    To be fair, Faried is completely correct.

I would have said the exact same thing, everyone knows it.
    Yep

In two games J-Smoove is 9/22 and 5/16. 35 points on 38 shots w/a 36.8% FG%

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    im optimistic but smith, monroe, drummond will forever be a logjam. jodie meeks will definitely have a big impact on this team though
    Agreed. I'm really curious to see how Smith-Drummond-Monroe will be worked out by SVG, but I wonder if there's really anything he can do. I think someone's got to go, but how and where?

Also, the first two games got me thinking, if Greg walked this past summer, the Pistons would be virtually devoid of any offensive post game. Drummond is still awful with his back to the basket. Less awful than before, but still. It was painful to watch them try to go inside last night. It'd be nice to even have someone like Corliss Williamson.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Two idiots firing back at each other. This is gonna be good.
    First idiot is smith. Who's the second?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Josh Smith gonna be raining them contested 22ft jumpers with malicious intent and extreme prejudice next game

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Josh Smith gonna be raining them contested 22ft jumpers with malicious intent and extreme prejudice next game
    Rainin' bricks

Smith's shot selection hasn't improved at all over the years. He still thinks he can shoot despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Last year he shot 26.4% from 3 (3.4 atttempts per game) and 35% on long 2s (4.7 Attempts).

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Smith's shot selection hasn't improved at all over the years. He still thinks he can shoot despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Last year he shot 26.4% from 3 (3.4 atttempts per game) and 35% on long 2s (4.7 Attempts).

I actually think he and Brandon Jennings have many of the same issues. Shot selection is one of them. But they also both seem to have poor form. I do not usually criticize NBA shooters because usually even if their shots look weird (Shawn Marion), they've found ways to make it work consistently... and they're pros.

However, Jennings and Smith are both often mechanically poor. When Brandon is standing still and receives a kick-out, his jumper often looks legit. However, the moment he's shooting off the move, which he just loves, his balance is all over the place and any and all consistency flies right out the window.

Smith meanwhile, has a poor base (feet close together, both pointed away from the hoop, taking his shoulders with him) and a shooting pocket that reaches the side of his head. I've seen many make that work, but considering he's not making it work, I think he'd be best served altering his shot for better balance and consistently squaring oneself to the hoop.

Unfortunately, I don't think that change is ever going to come. So the other option is for him to stop shooting.

to be fair. faried had a monster game, but Smoove took a lot of wiiiide upen jumpers. he just missed them, not like faried played great defense or anything

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    to be fair. faried had a monster game, but Smoove took a lot of wiiiide upen jumpers. he just missed them, not like faried played great defense or anything
    Yeah, I think that's the gameplan on Detroit - "Let Smith shoot jumpers all day." I've watched a lot of Detroit opponent's broadcasts over the last year and I feel as though I've heard the same thing 50 times: "Smith fires from 18. Oh boy, off the mark. That's the scouting report on Smith, let him shoot as many of those as he wants."

It seems Faried was prompted as to what led to the turnaround and eventual Nuggets victory. His answer was actually right on point. Smith had 15 in the first quarter but shot Detroit out of it down the stretch. I don't think he was saying he locked Smith down, he was just saying, "Well, he shot and missed alot, and he wouldn't stop so... we won."

Hmmmm let me see here. One has an Olympic medal. Gets positive praise from coach K and other coaches out there and the other guy is viewed as a diva with poor shot selection and rarely plays defense. I got my money on Faried. At least he knows his role on the team. Josh Smith

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Yeah, that's how teams deal with Josh Smith. Defenses want him to take long jumpers and he's always willing to.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Yeah, that's how teams deal with Josh Smith. Defenses want him to take long jumpers and he's always willing to.
    Yup. Still fond memories of his game-winner against the Knicks last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eekq4MYyA

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Right? A more apt response from Smith would have been something along the lines of, "You know, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and he's right. It's amazing that I've been able to play this long with such poor shot selection. I watched some game tape of myself this morning. First time I've ever seen myself play, and it was awful to watch. I just wish someone would have said something sooner. Look for a lot of hard work and positive alterations to be made in the near future. Thanks, Kenneth."

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    he do fear him, he fears his 3 point shot attempts
    You were supposed to say he is afraid of those bricks Smith is throwing.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dunaprenti
    I just don't get what was Faried supposed to say to his face?
    It's a fair observation and he was probably asked. Faried shouldn't have said it like this, because Smith is a fellow pro, but I guess they don't like each other...
    Josh Smith reacted like a child...
    F that, let's get some animosity back into the league. it would be great if players trashed each other, then come game time it would be intense as fvck!