Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Josh Smith Calls Faried a Clown: "He fears me, he's scared of me."

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detro...-scared/16410/
    Faried explained, “Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting. And he ended up with 25, but he still kept shooting. He shot them out of the game.”

In response, Smith fired back, “”The man’s a clown. Quote me on that, too.” Referencing their next matchup (February 6th), he then continued, “I’ll have some words for him when I’m busting his ass because I back up what I talk about. It’s going to be a pretty good matchup. He fears me; he’s scared of me so of course he’s going to talk about me in the paper. He isn’t going to do it in my face, though. He’s gotta hide behind a microphone or smartphone. I don’t mind.”
    So yep, that just happened.

College superstar

Default Re: Josh Smith Calls Faried a Clown: "He fears me, he's scared of me."

i like it. next time they play, smiff feenin to drop buckets

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Two idiots firing back at each other. This is gonna be good.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Not sure what drove Faried to talk about Smith publicly (were they jawing at all during the game?) but everyone knows that Smith has some of the poorest shot selection in the league. Can't disagree with Faried's analysis/strategy.

They're scared now.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dunaprenti's Avatar

I just don't get what was Faried supposed to say to his face?
    It's a fair observation and he was probably asked. Faried shouldn't have said it like this, because Smith is a fellow pro, but I guess they don't like each other...
    Josh Smith reacted like a child...

I don't get it...

What Faried said was correct. Josh Smith has horrible shot selection. And the Nuggets won.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Faried looks like the type of guy who would be phucking fat white chicks bareback if he wasn't in the NBA.

Josh Smith will die from complications of diabetes at the age of 56. Too much southern food.

he do fear him, he fears his 3 point shot attempts

Sunshine State

To be fair, Faried is completely correct.

I would have said the exact same thing, everyone knows it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    I don't get it...

What Faried said was correct. Josh Smith has horrible shot selection. And the Nuggets won.
    Right? A more apt response from Smith would have been something along the lines of, "You know, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and he's right. It's amazing that I've been able to play this long with such poor shot selection. I watched some game tape of myself this morning. First time I've ever seen myself play, and it was awful to watch. I just wish someone would have said something sooner. Look for a lot of hard work and positive alterations to be made in the near future. Thanks, Kenneth."

College star

I would take Faried over Smith in a heart beat. I was thinking the pistons might be a playoff team this year, but after the first two games im reminded they wont be as long 'jsmoove' is on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    I would take Faried over Smith in a heart beat. I was thinking the pistons might be a playoff team this year, but after the first two games im reminded they wont be as long 'jsmoove' is on this team.
    sup Don

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    I think it might be better to withhold too many conclusions until Greg Monroe returns (and eventually, Jodie Meeks). Van Gundy has already proven early that he's not afraid to sit big name guys if they're being outplayed (Jennings has not played a minute in the fourth quarter yet) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the Greg-Josh-Andre trio.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think it might be better to withhold too many conclusions until Greg Monroe returns (and eventually, Jodie Meeks). Van Gundy has already proven early that he's not afraid to sit big name guys if they're being outplayed (Jennings has not played a minute in the fourth quarter yet) so we'll see what happens when Greg returns.
    im optimistic but smith, monroe, drummond will forever be a logjam. jodie meeks will definitely have a big impact on this team though