Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: let's all take a moment to sympathize with the sporting shithole known as england

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Andrew Barron "Andy" Murray, OBE[8] (born 15 May 1987) is a Scottish professional tennis player, ranked World No. 5[7] and who has been ranked as British No. 1 since 27 February 2006

Born 15 May 1987 (age 27)
    Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom[1]

Scotland, Wales, Ireland (north and the republic) are not England. Gareth Bale didn't travel to Brazil this year for a reason.
    half their cricket team isn't english either.

Banned

Default Re: let's all take a moment to sympathize with the sporting shithole known as england

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    England invented cricket...

Yet here is the winner of every cricket World Cup ever (guess who's missing?):

:
    why isnt england even good at the sports they invent?

I can't speak for the other sports, but this was pretty bad. Sri Lanka is known for only ever winning anything of note in their own backyard, then they go and beat England in England. At least England made it a very close contest. I mean it's hard to make it closer than that in Test cricket.
    They're a great team? England is transitioning at the moment, it was hardly their best XI.

England invented cricket...

Yet here is the winner of every cricket World Cup ever (guess who's missing?):

:
    So what? They have still been the dominant test team since the dawn of cricket, and have a t20 wc.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    sri lanka are great in the sub continent and mediocre everywhere else. What's worse is that they lost that series and they don't really have any way to improve from what their current line up is. They don't even have another potential captain in the wings so they can't even get rid of Cook (who is far too passive).
    Why would they get rid of Cook? He's by far their best batsman, especially w/o Trott and Pieterson. I would probably replace him as captain though. Bell or Broad.

As for the Rugby, NZ are the powerhouses of world Rugby. No shame in losing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakzilla
    They're a great team? England is transitioning at the moment, it was hardly their best XI.
    Where did I say they were a great team?

So what? They have still been the dominant test team since the dawn of cricket, and have a t20 wc.
    Haha, I know Ashes>WC for most English fans but it's pretty bad that they've never succeeded at what is considered the pinnacle of the sport.To their credit they have made 3 finals (last one in 1992).

You gotta be joking with that dominant statement though. They've almost never been consistent enough to be considered dominant since there were what, 4 Test teams? Even recently when they finally grabbed a hold of that #1 spot, they followed it up by getting whitewashed by a mediocre Pakistan team. Their Test record against every team is less than mediocre. Historically, they're not even 0.500 against any team except Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

They've had a ton of great players, pioneers even, but team success wise England have always been lackluster.

And no one takes the T20 world cup seriously except casual Indian fans. It's all a bit of hit & giggle event that allows the boards to stash their pockets.

Why would they get rid of Cook? He's by far their best batsman, especially w/o Trott and Pieterson. I would probably replace him as captain though. Bell or Broad.
    Yeah I think he meant remove him as captain. He's an excellent bat and will certainly surpass many all time greats before he retires, but he's not captaincy material.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

i'm honestly struggling to find a popular team sport that england is not shite at

Might as well post it here as well

Is that really the best looking American fan they could find?

Where did I say they were a great team?

Haha, I know Ashes>WC for most English fans but it's pretty bad that they've never succeeded at what is considered the pinnacle of the sport.To their credit they have made 3 finals (last one in 1992).

You gotta be joking with that dominant statement though. They've almost never been consistent enough to be considered dominant since there were what, 4 Test teams? Even recently when they finally grabbed a hold of that #1 spot, they followed it up by getting whitewashed by a mediocre Pakistan team. Their Test record against every team is less than mediocre. Historically, they're not even 0.500 against any team except Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

They've had a ton of great players, pioneers even, but team success wise England have always been lackluster.

And no one takes the T20 world cup seriously except casual Indian fans. It's all a bit of hit & giggle event that allows the boards to stash their pockets.

Yeah I think he meant remove him as captain. He's an excellent bat and will certainly surpass many all time greats before he retires, but he's not captaincy material.
    No, I was saying they're a great team. Prior is in woeful form, but Cook, Bell, Trott, Prior, Anderson, Broad are some of the all-time greats of the English team.

Everyone should consider Ashes>WC, for the same reason as ODIwc>T20wc.

I'd like to see Cook replaced as Test captain. His tactics are painful. Look at the success Clarke has had with his aggressive tactics. That is the way forward./

Is that really the best looking American fan they could find?
    The "German" looks like the average middle aged woman you see at a grocery store. Not hot by true German standards.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

andy murray gets destroyed by grigor dimitrov in straight sets in front of the royal family

in summary, in the past month, brits have been made a bitch by
    bulgaria
    costa rica
    uruguay
    sri lanka
    new zealand
    italy

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    andy murray gets destroyed by grigor dimitrov in straight sets in front of the royal family

in summary, in the past month, brits have been made a bitch by
    bulgaria
    costa rica
    uruguay
    sri lanka
    new zealand
    italy
    Yeah, but Wayne Rooney has 1 World Cup goal. All you haters can't take that away from him

Lad

21th century:

England: Multiple Grand Slams, Multiple Tour De France winners, Rugby World Cup winners, Olympic hosts etc.

Germany:

Be actually lucky that England colonized your country or else you'd be speaking German or French right now.

Sunshine State

Mo Farah is our only saving grace right now.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ
    21th century:

England: Multiple Grand Slams, Multiple Tour De France winners, Rugby World Cup winners, Olympic hosts etc.

Germany:
    Carrying on with England:

Multiple Ashes winners,T20 World Champions, Sporting geniuses in Phil Taylor and Ronnie O'Sullivan, Some of the best Football players in the world, Multiple World Boxing Champions, Completely dominated the sport of Track Cycling, Major Golf champions and world number ones. Olympic and World champion track and field athletes.

We are the best.