Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Very excited for Dirk vs. Duncan one more time.

Really happy to see this in the playoffs. Probably the last time or at least one of the last times we'll see two of this generations greatest Power Forwards playing each other in the playoffs.

Default Re: Very excited for Dirk vs. Duncan one more time.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened yet again in the future but I'm looking forward to it too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'd be more excited if I thought it was going to be a competitive series...

Really hope I'm off on this one, but I just don't see how the Mavs win more than 1 game here.

It's about as bad of a matchup we can have....granted the Spurs are playing like the best team in the league so of course they are going to cause problems, but damn...playing a Scott Brooks coached team that plays hero ball was just so much damn better.

One thing is for sure...this will settle all Dirk vs Duncan debates...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Really hope I'm off on this one, but I just don't see how the Mavs win more than 1 game here.

It's about as bad of a matchup we can have....granted the Spurs are playing like the best team in the league so of course they are going to cause problems, but damn...playing a Scott Brooks coached team that plays hero ball was just so much damn better.

For the season or all-time?

It's bittersweet for me. The Mavs are a better matchup than the Grizzlies, but I think the Mavs could have caused OKC some real problems.

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it wont be here for long

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

League wasnt going to let Durant and OKC lose in the first round.. Durant and Westbrook would just destroy Mavs on the perimeter.

As for the bold what makes you say that? If we switched dirk and duncan I'd guess the spurs would still be major favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

It's bittersweet for me. The Mavs are a better matchup than the Grizzlies, but I think the Mavs could have caused OKC some real problems.
    Hahah. That was a joke...two old men going at it. I was just messing with people.

Very good NBA starter

I'm excited for the matchup too. More so Spurs vs. Mavs, not necessarily Duncan vs. Dirk. They don't often guard each other not to mention Duncan is a shell of what he used to be while Dirk is at the end of his prime. Feels different, not the same as the mid-2000's, but glad we as fans get to see it again for old times sake. Just the fact that Duncan averaged 19 ppg, 13 rpg, and 2 bpg against the Mavs this season is impressive for a dude who's soon to be 38 years old and played 2.5+ regular seasons worth of playoff games going into this postseason (then again Mavs aren't too strong defensively). The I-35 rivalry continues!

Spurs in 5

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    League wasnt going to let Durant and OKC lose in the first round.. Durant and Westbrook would just destroy Mavs on the perimeter.

As for the bold what makes you say that? If we switched dirk and duncan I'd guess the spurs would still be major favorites.
    I guess it was just a bad joke. I was totally kidding...of course this won't settle anything.

I was laughing because a buddy of mine called me that is a die hard Duncan fan, also thinks Dirk is way better than he actually is, and told me that this series is going to settle it for him...I was crying laughing.

I was trying to tell him Duncan was better most of those years...and the crazy thing is...he's a die hard Duncan/Spurs fan...and he's arguing with me going;

"no, you don't understand the fear Dirk used to strike in the heart of Pop and Spurs fans...you don't get it...if we had Dirk we would have scored 140 ppg"

I think part of him is not being fully serious, but he genuinely knows the game and he just over-rates the shit out of Dirk...

So that caused me to make the post.

Just to be clear...I was kidding and don't think this will settle anything...especially as I few it settled long ago....

Was rooting for the Grizzlies to win so the Mavs can play Spurs..I'm excited for this matchup, brings back the good ol days

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I'm excited for the matchup too. More so Spurs vs. Mavs, not necessarily Duncan vs. Dirk. They don't often guard each other not to mention Duncan is a shell of what he used to be while Dirk is at the end of his prime. Feels different, not the same as the mid-2000's, but glad we as fans get to see it again for old times sake. Just the fact that Duncan averaged 19 ppg, 13 rpg, and 2 bpg against the Mavs this season is impressive for a dude who's soon to be 38 years old and played 2.5+ regular seasons worth of playoff games going into this postseason (then again Mavs aren't too strong defensively). The I-35 rivalry continues!
    Yea, I think Duncan at age 50 could get 15/11/3 against Dirk/Dalembert/Blair/Wright...

Just typing that makes me fear this series even more.

Holy shit...I didn't even realize it until now, but we finally got rid of that pick!

We are sending our pick to OKC this year. I didn't realize the Raptors lost...I thought they won.

Yes, it's finally over...

And Presti better hope he hits a home run with that pick of they lose this year because there will be and should be a ton of 2nd guessing about his unwillingness to part with that pick.

The Thunder are still my pick to win the West, but damn...going to be a tough ass road.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

Based on what? Seriously people keep saying this shit, how would they have caused OKC real problems? Dallas can score, but their defense is a ****ing joke compared to Memphis. OKC would've put them away in 5. The Grizzlies on the other hand could give them some real problems.

I wanted them to both make it past the first round