Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: "LeBron James is the greatest defensive player ever." - Colin Cowherd

Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogie
    Id say hes the best defender thats a scorer and facilitator.

Ron Artest is a better defender but doesnt do much else.

Lebron is a high quality defender but hes never gonna match up wiht artest cause hes gotta score, and ball handle, and pass, and rebound.

He is the best scoring defender in history, i could go with that.

Wait, are there really people who believe this?

Are a few highlight chase down blocks seriously all it takes these days? Holy cow...

Default Re: "LeBron James is the greatest defensive player ever." - Colin Cowherd

Lebron is not even a great lock down defender

Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogie
    Id say hes the best defender thats a scorer and facilitator.

Ron Artest is a better defender but doesnt do much else.

Lebron is a high quality defender but hes never gonna match up wiht artest cause hes gotta score, and ball handle, and pass, and rebound.

He is the best scoring defender in history, i could go with that.

How many lock down defenders would get constantly SHIT on by an overweight, slow Carmelo Anthony?

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    Wilt Chamberlain? Or any of the other dominant scoring big men in the history of the league?

LeBron is an overrated scorer, he has two moves:

A)Run at the rim and lay it up/dunk
    B)Fast break alley oop
    same can be said about Kobe's overrated scoring.

he has 2 movies

1. turn around & shoot an easy fadeaway jumper.
    2. pump fake & shoot fadeaway.

btw LBJ & Kobe, kobe takes tons of shots to get to 25ppg. LBJ is lot more efficient at scoring 25ppg.

#HEATNATION

It's hilarious cause this Fat Stooge guy is actually serious.

Never heard of Hakeem Olajuwon? David Robinson even? Hell even Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    same can be said about Kobe's overrated scoring.

he has 2 movies

1. turn around & shoot an easy fadeaway jumper.
    2. pump fake & shoot fadeaway.

btw LBJ & Kobe, kobe takes tons of shots to get to 25ppg. LBJ is lot more efficient at scoring 25ppg.
    Why did you bring up Kobe? This thread is about LeBron James.

Stop comparing old man Kobe to Prime LeBron.

Saw a basketball once

Wilt Chamberlain? Or any of the other dominant scoring big men in the history of the league?

B)Fast break alley oop
    Sorry sir would you prefer he chucked up crazy off balance jumpers all day which are far less efficient and shot 35 or 40% like Kobe? At least it will look good right?

Decent playground baller Fatstogie's Avatar

B)Fast break alley oop
    Hm? Have we not seen his fg% this season? His step back jumper is actually pretty hot this year.

And you guys kill me with Wilt. You honestly watch that old as film and tell me the people hes playing against played defense? Are you ****ing nuts? I see footage of a bunch of guys watching his ass dunk. So hes not even close to in the same league as lebron offensively. NO matter what his over inflated numbers say. He played ole fogeys who were garbage at the game and wouldnt even make in highschool these days.

Get real.

MJ is the only one in this same category.

And who the **** said KG? LOL Wilt i can understand cause people are dumb and he had 100 points and blocked a bunch of suck ass players who had no game at all. But KG? Defender but hes not on the same scoring level. Hes a defender who scored. Not a scorer who defends. LOL So i dont put him in the same category.

KG is a better defender yes. But hes a defender. That is his primary concern.

And IMO what seperates Lebron is his ability to get anyone and everyone. He can play the 1-4 and block any of the above. Shit he'll get down on the 5 too. No one else had that sorta versatility with it.

Also the other defenders stop more set plays. The chase down block. That stops a fast break. So yes that block counts for more than Ibaka rotating over and blocking as hes supposed to.

Did MJ do this? No. He was not as widely ranging defensively. He didnt have the power Lebron does. He obviously had hte ups to block a 4 or 5 but lebron can bang with em. Jordan would be a block from behind scenario. So thats why i give lebron the gold on this one.

And enough with Wilt. God. Wilt would average 12,10 in todays league. Eh 18,10. Defense? Yea right. Wilt banged around with a bunch of stick dudes with no muscle. And not as many smaller faster players. Todays players would be strong enough to deal with him. And the smaller players would be way to fast for him. Honestly. Watch the footage and tell me you see him playing tough d, and playing against tough d. Dude get real. The footage is a joke. I wouldnt even watch the shit cause its not even entertaining as basketball.

Wilts NBA footage look like pick up games at the Y. Ok maybe not that bad but not even close to the sort of defensive effort you see today. Im sorry that people are so nostalgic but Wilt gets a * from me. You put lebron against these dudes back in the day? Hed average 100 pts a game. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666

Video soon.
    Do you hear his slurping sounds as he's saying that B.S.

Cowherd is a moron

#HEATNATION

The name Colin Cowherd doesn't really help his or the OP's case either.

Decent playground baller Fatstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    Wait, are there really people who believe this?

Are a few highlight chase down blocks seriously all it takes these days? Holy cow...
    This is just 1. Im sure i could find many.

You have become spoiled by his chase down blocks. Is it a serious highlight? You bet your sweet ass it is. get the lebron haterade out of you dude jesus.

Now look here. @ 2:47. Tell me in all seriousness "lebron would not have blocked that" and ill get you that MJ is a better defender than Lebron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpkXlrJxtw&nomobile=1

You guys are ****ing hyped in nostalgia. Open your eyes and watch the game. get off the "pop culture" of basketball and pay attention the game.

Also jordan only passed when he got stuck. Lebron creates. Jordan would create but was not looking to create. He would just pass when he got stuck. But always wanted the ball right back. Literally every time. lol
    Last edited by Fatstogie; 04-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Then they should have put him on this guy.

I didn't know being the 195th defender in the league meant you were the best...