Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Carmelo has no weaknesses

Discuss.

He is no longer a black hole. The double teams come and he works the ball out and generates easy shots for his teammates.

His defense is stellar. He guards twos, threes and fours, in the post, on the perimeter. Solid in rotation. Closes out on shooters. Puts a lot of effort into boxing out.

He is the most versatile scoring force in the league. Whether running him off screens, giving him the ball in the post, or him running point forward and using the pick and roll to abuse opposing defenses. Post game. Mid-range game. Three-point shooter. Penetration. He can make any shot, ESPECIALLY when the game is on the line.

There are no holes in Melo's game and this is evident to anybody who watches him.

Banned

Default Re: Carmelo has no weaknesses

...wait, when did his defense become stellar? And when did he quit playing ISO ball 60% of the time?

Learning to shoot layups GreenChampion's Avatar

I love Knicks fans.

Melo has one good game and all of a sudden he is MJ re-incarnated.

If either of those bad 3's he took today missed they would all be saying he needs to be traded.

Finally, an objective opinion from a knicks fan. You certainly are not one to overreact having the sample size of a few games.

Honestly, i cant see how the Knicks wont win the rings this season.

Learning to shoot layups

It's good to see a superstar play up to his potential. Melo looks confident again, and I don't know how you stop him from scoring when he gets in that kind of a zone. Dropping 43 on Chicago is a statement to the rest of the league. Welcome back Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    ...wait, when did his defense become stellar? And when did he quit playing ISO ball 60% of the time?
    He is an average defender at the very least. When he tries he is damn good at it. He is pesky and is excellent at stripping his man. He hustles. He is versatile on that end and does a great job against his man on a nightly basis.

What the fck is wrong with iso-ing from the post? Is there something wrong with post offense? Melo is unguardable and when the double teams comes, he finds the open players. That sounds like a potent offense to me.

Local High School Star

His weakness is that he can't seem to ever get in good shape.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    He is an average defender at the very least. When he tries he is damn good at it. He is pesky and is excellent at stripping his man. He hustles. He is versatile on that end and does a great job against his man on a nightly basis.

What the fck is wrong with iso-ing from the post? Is there something wrong with post offense? Melo is unguardable and when the double teams comes, he finds the open players. That sounds like a potent offense to me.
    None of this sounds like a player with no weaknesses.

I don't know how many nationally televised games it will take for you guys to figure this sht out. Maybe you are hopeless.

Woodson benched ALL of our point guards in the fourth quarter and OT because, frankly, they sucked. Guess who ran point forward? Guess who ran pick and rolls and facilitated the offense and generated WIDE OPEN shots for Novak, Smith and Shumpert? I mean are you people blind?

Melo is a PG/SG/SF/PF. He can do and does do everything on the court.

None of this sounds like a player with no weaknesses.
    he plays defense.
    he guards SG/SF/PF.
    he scores on the block.
    he has the deadliest mid range game in the league.
    he is a lethal three point shooter.
    he is a facilitator.
    he is a pnr playmaker.
    he has point guard duties.
    he is the clutchest player in basketball.

find me a weakness and I will correct you.

Banned

he plays defense.
    he guards SG/SF/PF.
    he scores on the block.
    he has the deadliest mid range game in the league.
    he is a lethal three point shooter.
    he is a facilitator.
    he is a pnr playmaker.
    he has point guard duties.
    he is the clutchest player in basketball.

find me a weakness and I will correct you.
    He plays defense... he doesn't play 'stellar' defense. You made it sound like he's vastly improved on defense, when that isn't the case.

I'm the last person to discount the guy. I actually hope he plays well, despite having my own quarrels with the team and their fan base. He played a hell of a game today and has dealt with the challenge of keeping that Knicks team in the playoff race without Amar'e/Lin impressively. I just think it's a bit premature to sing his praises so early... by no means is he without weaknesses.

Learning to shoot layups GreenChampion's Avatar

I don't know how many nationally televised games it will take for you guys to figure this sht out. Maybe you are hopeless.

Woodson benched ALL of our point guards in the fourth quarter and OT because, frankly, they sucked. Guess who ran point forward? Guess who ran pick and rolls and facilitated the offense and generated WIDE OPEN shots for Novak, Smith and Shumpert? I mean are you people blind?

Melo is a PG/SG/SF/PF. He can do and does do everything on the court.
    Yeah because your point guards are so good... Davis has injury worries and Douglas has sucked all season.

Shumpert and Smith were running most of the offense, BTW.

Learning to shoot layups

Tyson Chandler can cover up a lot of mistakes on defense. I don't see Melo consistantly, but he never stood out to me on the defensive end. Physical relentless scorer, Good rebounder. Coming around with his decision making, but I still need to see him prove himself as a defender.

He plays defense... he doesn't play 'stellar' defense. You made it sound like he's vastly improved on defense, when that isn't the case.

I'm the last person to discount the guy. I actually hope he plays well, despite having my own quarrels with the team and their fan base. He played a hell of a game today and has dealt with the challenge of keeping that Knicks team in the playoff race without Amar'e/Lin impressively. I just think it's a bit premature to sing his praises so early... by no means is he without weaknesses.
    Thank you amistill. That's all I wanted.

he's a borderline top 10 player