Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Breaking: Dario Saric signs w/ Euro team, can't come to NBA for 2 years

[QUOTE]@chadfordinsider

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking: Dario Saric signs w/ Euro team, can't come to NBA for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Look for Philly at 10 or Orlando at 12 to maybe stash him away for a couple of years.
    He'll drop to 17-20. After that Vazquez fiasco no one is wasting top 10 on someone who may never come over.

I hit on 5-footers

Default Re: Breaking: Dario Saric signs w/ Euro team, can't come to NBA for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He'll drop to 17-20. After that Vazquez fiasco no one is wasting top 10 on someone who may never come over.
    Nah, he is set on going over. He just doesn't think he is ready yet and fears wasting a season or 2 sitting on the bench.

Vazquez was a special case. I knew the guy (played vs him in different tournaments and talked to some of his then teammates) and he always struck me as a very weird guy. I am not going to post any specifics out of respect but I will just say I could easily see him doing something like that (refusing to leave after being drafted) before it happened.

Saric, at least on that regard, is a safe bet really. After all, he is already set to leave his country, it will just be for turkey instead of for the States, but he has the commitment to leave his family to make it as far as his basketball skills can take him. Whether he will become a player worthy of the pick is a whole different issue.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

During the season there were many talks he signed with some of the bigger teams but all were false so I wouldn't belive this yet.

On the othere hand even if this isn't true Saric already said he will stay in Europe for at least 2 more seasons to improve and Efes would probably the best place for that since there he would work with Ivkovic ( first European coach who was offered a place as a HC for a NBA team ) who is considered by many the best coach in Europe and probably the greatest ever and has worked with legendery players such as Kukoc,Petrovic,Danilovic,Divac etc.

His draft stock will go down. This does shows that he is in no rush to be in the NBA, and not every team is that interested in when he'll want to move to the states.

That said, props for doing this now, instead of being an a$$hole and signing elsewhere right after being drafted.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

So the spurs will draft him!

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    During the season there were many talks he signed with some of the bigger teams but all were false so I wouldn't belive this yet.

On the othere hand even if this isn't true Saric already said he will stay in Europe for at least 2 more seasons to improve and Efes would probably the best place for that since there he would work with Ivkovic ( first European coach who was offered a place as a HC for a NBA team ) who is considered by many the best coach in Europe and probably the greatest ever and has worked with legendery players such as Kukoc,Petrovic,Danilovic,Divac etc.
    Those are Europe version of legendary players and not by American standards. But these players have passed the quality control of the NBA. Not sure about Saric. He could be soft just like most of those Euros except the Lithuanians. I'm pretty sure he's staying in Europe because he did not get promise from lottery teams.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    Nah, he is set on going over. He just doesn't think he is ready yet and fears wasting a season or 2 sitting on the bench.

Vazquez was a special case. I knew the guy (played vs him in different tournaments and talked to some of his then teammates) and he always struck me as a very weird guy. I am not going to post any specifics out of respect but I will just say I could easily see him doing something like that (refusing to leave after being drafted) before it happened.

Saric, at least on that regard, is a safe bet really. After all, he is already set to leave his country, it will just be for turkey instead of for the States, but he has the commitment to leave his family to make it as far as his basketball skills can take him. Whether he will become a player worthy of the pick is a whole different issue.
    I'm aware that he wants to go over. However, teams will still not waste a 10-12 on him because of Vazquez and how the team will be perceived if something were to go wrong. It is uncommon for a team to pick a Euro in the top 10 who will not be playing in the NBA for at least two years. Picks like that are normally reserved for the later first round and second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Those are Europe version of legendary players and not by American standards. But these players have passed the quality control of the NBA. Not sure about Saric. He could be soft just like most of those Euros except the Lithuanians. I'm pretty sure he's staying in Europe because he did not get promise from lottery teams.
    Petrovic, Kukoc, not legends "by American standards"? Give me a break.

Anyway, this makes sense for Saric. Gets to play for a better team, with more experience under his belt.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Petrovic, Kukoc, not legends "by American standards"? Give me a break.

Anyway, this makes sense for Saric. Gets to play for a better team, with more experience under his belt.
    Really what so legandary about Kukoc and Petrovic? If they were Americans, would they be considered legends like Bird or Jerry West?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Rooster's IQ level downgraded to 60.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I'm aware that he wants to go over. However, teams will still not waste a 10-12 on him because of Vazquez and how the team will be perceived if something were to go wrong. It is uncommon for a team to pick a Euro in the top 10 who will not be playing in the NBA for at least two years. Picks like that are normally reserved for the later first round and second round.
    I get what you mean and I don't deny the impact of his decision in his stock, not because of fear of him never actually joining his team but because usually you have similar or better talent (on paper) available on those spots ready to join your team straight away.

This year in particular I personally think there is a dropoff in talent after the top 12 and that's where I see him going. Top 10 not so much, not even if he said he'd play straight away, he is not that good really.

I get what you mean and I don't deny the impact of his decision in his stock, not because of fear of him never actually joining his team but because usually you have similar or better talent (on paper) available on those spots ready to join your team straight away.

This year in particular I personally think there is a dropoff in talent after the top 12 and that's where I see him going. Top 10 not so much, not even if he said he'd play straight away, he is not that good really.

STOP DOING DRUGS

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

STOP DOING DRUGS
    Stop acting like you can find Croatia or even Europe on a map.

Stop acting like you can find Croatia or even Europe on a map.
    So since gabepizza took a long ban, it looks like you are the new guy on the payroll now. I suggest you ask for a pay raise. The NBA office in New York isn't paying you enough.

Minimium wage isn't enough to live on. Even for retarded people that get their living subsidized by the government.